Lunch Mk2 Wednesday Sept 13th

Fog

• 2 weeks later...

Just a brief note to say what happened on the day....

I arrived at Paradiso slightly late, to find nobody there! Actually, Si did something like:-

I came,

I saw nuffin,

I phoned Xaphod

.... who wasn't listening for his phone .... I tend to edit out huge amounts of racket in London to remain sane. Mobile phones are firmly in this category.

Sitting at the first table in the restaurant, I saw a somewhat hesitant guy say to the maitre-d that he was meeting some people .... this was at9 who was equally at home editing out guys with bald domes and 4" stilettos. Si appeared a few seconds later (big lurker is Si, posts rarely, and comes to heelmeets more frequently than he posts).

Lunch was ordered, Fog appeared. Conversation was split, Si and Fog talking heely stuff and at9 and myself realising that we were alumni of the same university .... we actually overlapped by a couple of years. It's getting scary there's now about a 0.1% chance that active heelies on this board are alumni of that place. Compare this with a very rough 0.00001% of the online people on the Planet !

Unlike Dilbert, who does not appreciate that non-techies have only a small threshold of pain when immersed in techie conversation, at9 and myself tried to dispense with the jargon from time-to time. Funnily enough, we found, of all things, heels to be a peculiarly eclectic* source of common interest.

Eventually we prised ouself out of the restaurant to have a wander down the Oxford St shoe shops. I had sortof canned the idea of dragging the guys off to Christian Louboutin, so we went to Selfridges instead. All was not lost, though, because the Louboutin knee-highs I sought were in Selfridges for a mere £795 (now you know why I get mad that the Sunday Times rips me off by £0.20 per week when I have to save up so much to buy these babies! )

Time had passed: at9 had an evening appointment, and Si, Fog and myself made an appointment with some beer at Waterloo station.

A good time was had by all, and surprise, surprise, we will be doing the same thing again in maybe 6 weeks' time, or so.

Xa

* I ration myself severely on my use of the word eclectic. I must be in debt to several future years by now.

Xa, thanks for the write up.

Can't remember the maker but in Selfridges there was a perfect pair of 4" heel knee boots for a mere £595. The upper of each boot was made from a single piece of superb quality black leather. Not a seam in sight.

Xa, thanks for the write up.

Can't remember the maker but in Selfridges there was a perfect pair of 4" heel knee boots for a mere £595. The upper of each boot was made from a single piece of superb quality black leather. Not a seam in sight.

What ! only £595, .... Xaphod disappears in a trail of dust towards Selfridges, and to hell with buying any central heating oil this year.

They were the CLs I was talking about.

CU

Xa

Guys, Sorry I missed lunch. My visitors arrived an hour late so that was that. Sounds like you had a nice time anyway. I'll keep an eye on the thread and try not to get anything in the way next time. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

3rd time lucky with this reply...arrggg computers.. anyway,apologies for not making it to meet you all, got called out to a job which took toooooo long,the joys of self employment. got up town later but had no way to contact you to catch up :evil: if the next one is on for 6wks let me know,cheers bladerunner

I just love those suede heels!!!!!