Lunch Mk2 Wednesday Sept 13th

Fog

Hello Everyone,

Anyone up for lunch this Wednesday at Paradiso - the Italian buffet where we ate on the International Heel Meet. Sorry it's short notice

Meet up at Paradiso 3 Great Tichfield Street

Lunch - and then a bit of shopping afterwards.

This is a bit out of date now .... see further down (Xa)

Hi All, Friday obviously wasn't going to happen - but next Wednesday 21st is on - I've managed to get a half day. So far me and Xaphod are attending Meeting up at Paradiso at about 12.30 or so - where we went 13th May - Xaphod can you confirm the address - it's a stone's throw from Oxford Circus.

The venue is the Paradiso Italian restauraunt. I believe it's on Titchfield Street, off the north side of Oxford St. To get there from Oxford Circus (ie the tube station) go east along Oxford St. Walk along the north side until you get to Ravel shoes on the corner. Turn left, heading north up what I believe is Titchfield St. You will pass a small square on the left, but continue heading north. Paradiso is just past the small square on the left, next door to an up-market shoe shop. Xa PS the only problem with doing a search on Paradiso is that it returns lots of hits ...... seems that this name is popular !

Here's a useful link which also has a link to a map of the location. ISTR Time Out did a very favourable review of their "eat all you like" buffet a few months ago.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Paradiso/e6cc/

I'd like to come on Weds 21st but it depends on work commitments.

PS: Just found Paradiso's own web site:

http://www.pizzaparadiso.co.uk/workingarea/restaurant.htm

We've pushed the time back to 1245 to make things easier for both of us. If anyone was going to turn up 'on spec', then apologies if you don't read this in time. Xa

Sorry I couldn't make it, at one point it looked like I would as I was on my way back to the depot at 11.00 but they gave me another two jobs!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

We lunched & did a few Oxford St shoe shops, then to Liberty to look at the design 1850 to the present exhibition. Lots of expensive stuff. I was very taken with a pair of arts & crafts pewter tankards £480. There was lots of other stuff I couldn't afford that I was less keen on, but I could see one of those with a pint of Timothy Taylor in it.

I pushed the boat out a bit with the outfit, I was expecting cold and rain, but it was warm and sunny so just had to wear the emergency shorts. Virtually no reaction, a couple of smiles that's all. Don't you just love London, they're used to seeing excentric old men!

Posted Image

X

Posted Image

Then on to Harvy Nicks, lots more expensive stuff, and finished up at the Reef Bar Waterloo. A jolly fun day.

Awwww, you guys are lucky to have met up. I sure wish I could have been there. I actually thought of calling Xa's phone to say "hello"

fogborkenvv Did you get a new haircut? From the side, and I could be wrong as I sometimes foolishly prove myself to be, it looks like you have a new "mohawkish" cut? Please check your pm box.

Xa Hey, my new friend from England, looking comfortable in his Freestyling attire too. I won't even ask if you got a new haircut too, but I do think I see a grey sticking out somewhere in ther (kidding) You got a pm too :roll:

Glad you guys had a good time.

p.s. thanks for sharing the pics!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Here's a useful link which also has a link to a map of the location. ISTR Time Out did a very favourable review of their "eat all you like" buffet a few months ago.

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Paradiso/e6cc/

I'd like to come on Weds 21st but it depends on work commitments.

PS: Just found Paradiso's own web site:

http://www.pizzaparadiso.co.uk/workingarea/restaurant.htm

At sunday evening my friend Jan and me went again to this pizzeria. May be because of the rememberance of the evening before. The "pizza quattro staggione" wasn't bad :roll:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Sounds like you had a great time. Unfortunately I wouldn't have made it as I am working late shifts this week. fog - that outfit works for you! :roll:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I've just re-read my post - I said they're used to seeing eccentric old men - Please let it be known I was talking solely about myself. Kneehighs) I did have a haircut, but it isn't a mohican - Heel-D ) thanks - it's surprising what you can get away with - although looking at the pictures I'm having my doubts! Re lunch I'm always up for lunch, I generally can't have a whole afternoon off, but whether we go back to Paradiso or even a sandwich at Pret it's good to meet up.

Yes, I suppose that they are a bit used to eccentric old men. More likely they quite like eccentric old men's platinum credit cards ..... heh heh. IMHO your boots are a bit too baggy for that look, Fog. They would be fine over jeans, with which the colour contrasts .... jeans and tan boots always go well. Yes, a very enjoyable day. I think that board members should arrange more impromptu events like this where there is a reasonable concentration of heelies. OK, in the overcrowded UK we're lucky that the population density is so high that the probability is that there are some heelies within reasonable distance to make this possible. In this respect, after being squashed against some pretty awful-smelling city-type armpit on the tube in the rush-hour, I was pretty glad to get home where the nearest human being is 1/4 mile away ! Xa

• 2 months later...

It be time for another outing, methinks.

Hey, Fog, (and others),

I feel the need to wander down to Christian Louboutin in Motcombe St. SW1 to check out their supposedly amazing Autumn boots.

Shall we start out at Paradiso and see what develops?

Xa

I'm open to suggestions. OK, Fog works in London and can take an afternoon off now and again, but if there is sufficient interest, we can do it at the weekend. Just pulling a date out of the air, I was thinking of Wednesday 13th. Xa

Hi Guys, I can do any day between Friday 8th and Thursday 15th (inclusive) weekdays I can only manage a half day though. The fortnight after I'm going to be too busy in work to manage any time off and then the first two weeks of October I'm away.

Having tried and failed to make it to a couple of meetings I think I might actually be able to make this one if there's room for me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be up in central London anyway later that day so I should be able to come a bit earlier for lunch.

Having tried and failed to make it to a couple of meetings I think I might actually be able to make this one if there's room for me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be up in central London anyway later that day so I should be able to come a bit earlier for lunch.

Hey that's great - perhaps this one won't be the smallest heelmeet in world history!

Edited for splling

Hi, at9 Good stuff, the more the merrier. Fog and I usually stay at Paradiso for at least an hour, so if you're a bit late it won't matter too much. The place tends to get fairly full by about 1300, so be warned. Xa

Thanks, Fog and Xa, look forward to seeing both of you. I should be able to get to Paradiso by 1245 and I'm free until about 1600 for eating and shopping.

That's good news - it's always good to meet other board members. It's nice to meet the people behind the posts.

Fog et al, I've penciled the date and time into my diary. I have a meeting in the morning which I don't expect to overrun, so will join you for a bit to eat if all works out as it should. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?