Sizing question

dormouse

OK I have seen come across some size UK10 foorwear labelled as EU43, and my feet are not squashed if I take my socks off. Anyway I notice than Next sell a lot of footware in size 43, do you think it is worth mail ordering some? They have some nice boots and some nice wedges. I may be able to get my wedge sandal fix sorted!

UK to EU size conversion doesn't seem to be an exact science. I wear a UK 8 which I've seen converted to either a 41 or a 42. With some brands a 41 fits me better, and with others I need a 42. Next offer free returns, your best bet would probably be to order a pair then you can try them on at home and return them if they don't fit. Chris

Her we go again! :roll: 37= ladies' 4 or men's 3 (UK) 38= ladies' 5 or men's 4 39= 6 or 5 40= 7 or 6 41= 8 or 7 42= 9 or 8 43=10 or 9 44= 11 or 10... Some firms have recognised that women's feet are getting broader because of trainer wearing so have "streamlined" their sizing to bring them in line with men's sizes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

You helped me a lot too. I live in mainland Europe and we use the European system, so UK numbers can be troublesome. There's also another less common European (I'm not sure of it though) system with numbers equal to foot length in centimeters. I've got no difficulty calculating inches <-> centimeters, but a foot is just a bit harder to convert.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Dormouse

Have several pairs from Next. Watch out as their size 9/43 varies according to style. Anything pointy will run small or narrow. Their round/square toe footwear runs wider and longer for comfort. In one case I recently bought some trouser shoes and they are really a good size 10/44 despite them saying their 9/43. Also worth going to a NEXT Clearance outlet as you can get serious bargains from their old stock. EG, a pair of court shoes retailing at £34.99 at the time will be on the shelf for £9.99.

The delivery/collection service is great for trying on at home.

Good luck.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

You helped me a lot too. I live in mainland Europe and we use the European system, so UK numbers can be troublesome. There's also another less common European (I'm not sure of it though) system with numbers equal to foot length in centimeters. I've got no difficulty calculating inches <-> centimeters, but a foot is just a bit harder to convert.

Yes, it's called Paris Points but it's rather archaic.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Shoe sizing seems to be an inexact science at best and it is frequently a topic of discussion around here. There is a fairly recent thread on the subject here: http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=5836. Sizing is always a guessing game because each manufacturer seems to have its own system. Even two different styles from the same manufacturer may fit significantly differently even though they are the same size. It really makes life interesting for those of us who buy from catalogs or online.

Have a happy time!