High Heeled Training Diary #18

Laurieheels

I have a headache. It comes from having to work on a Sunday. It is complicated by having to work in someone else's office in a different building on a Sunday. The day after a big pay per view boxing event. You know the one. But the details are not important here. It's not the best time for me to write this entry, because I feel cloudy in my brain. Will I remember my week? The answer is no. I know I wore heels to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. In fact, now that I think about it more, they were my five and a quarter inch patent stilettos those three days. I am still walking back and forth in Reeboks, but that's a fact of life and exercise. When I am wearing stockings, I can spend nine hours in heels without trouble. No stockings meet hot feet. I am sure there is some scientific aspect to this. I am not a scientist, of course. So black stockings and black patent pumps those first three days. Thursday was a day off for me. Joy of joys. I did what I always want to do on a day off - I made bread. Three loaves, which, in being tasty, meant that their life span was limited. They are all gone now. How many toasted ham and cheese on whole wheat sandwiches can a person eat? At least one a day. Sometimes two. Mmmmm. Of course, when going out on Thursday, I wore my strappy patent stilettos. Matched with dark olive green carpis and a khaki short sleeves shirt, I think it looked casual, and maybe even a little bit like I was ready for a safari. Yes, very much a Laurie on safari look. WHo else would consider stilettos as adventure footwear? Friday was a day back in my five and a quarter stiletto pumps. Same with Saturday. Long days at work, and much ease with wearing such high heels. Wearing them barefoot is interesting, but it looks good with pants. Heck it looks good with everything. That only leaves Sunday. Today. Forced to work because money is money and a girl like me needs money for flour to make bread. So the schedule says work, and I work. Sometimes, I am not sure what to wear. I feel a bit lost, trying to figure out what would be best for the day. At times like this, it is good to turn to old friends. So I wore my four inch heeled Oxfords today. Barefoot, which made my feet hot, but I wore them. They won't be useful too much longer. I noticed something when picking up groceries after work. The heels are starting to move. This means the back of the shoe at the heel is wearing out, so the sole is not stable there. I've had them for three years and they have seen a lot of wear. So they will take a place in the closet, retirement for my shoes, and they'll be used every now and then. Right now I am back in my strappy stilettos again. The weather is getting nicer outside this evening, so I did have to wear them to go out. Rain. Rain is not so nice for wearing heels, because the ground might be a bit slick. But I love the rain. The scent in the air is wonderful. It takes away the stale city air and replaces it with an earthy smell, something that says nature, purity, and comfort. So even if I have to save the heels for when I get to work, there is always something else to brighten the moment. I can't be a high heeled goddess 24/7. Maybe 12/7, but not always. Look, Walmart is just not a place to wear heels! When these moments arrive, I just find other aspects of life. There has to be more than heels, even if the shoes are my favourite topic. But as I walk along in the rain, watching a bird search for worms, and seeing the rain drops on some leaves so brilliantly green that life raidates from them, I cannot help but think that life is good. Heels or no heels, there are some wonderful, magical aspects to our world. Sometimes we should look up. The colours are wonderful.

Ahhhhhh, more to life than high heels. Yes in today life that is for sure. Is this why higher heels are not seen to often? I say 24/7 is a pipe dream. But at least you can come close to it at times. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

"It's not the best time for me to write this entry, because I feel cloudy in my brain." Must be a blonde thing... <wink> "So black stockings and black patent pumps those first three days." Hard to beat such a classic style. "I did what I always want to do on a day off - I made bread." MMMM MMM yummy. What kind of bread? "The heels are starting to move. This means the back of the shoe at the heel is wearing out, so the sole is not stable there" A shame but a fact of life.. Been there myself "But I love the rain. The scent in the air is wonderful. It takes away the stale city air and replaces it with an earthy smell, something that says nature, purity, and comfort. So even if I have to save the heels for when I get to work, there is always something else to brighten the moment." I could not have put it better myself. Growing up in NYC I learned the same thing about the rain. "But as I walk along in the rain, watching a bird search for worms, and seeing the rain drops on some leaves so brilliantly green that life raidates from them, I cannot help but think that life is good" Are you sure your not writing a novel? Great post Laurie, Dean

Ack! there was supposed to be a "wink" after: "Must be a blonde thing...". I put it in between brackets. I think the messageboard software thought it was a link or something and did not display it. Well you knew I was kidding anyway. See ya around Dean