Where are you in high heels?

Zzz

Hi Everyone! Just a simple question for all you outdoor high heel wearers, where are you? I've been a part time outdoor wearer for a couple of years now and I can't say that I have ever seen another guy in heels while I am out and about! John

The reality is there just isn't enough of us around at this point for us to be an everyday occurance for most people.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The chance of seeing another guy in heels is slim statiscally, when you consider the population of America, Britain and mainland Europe, compard to the membership of this forum even if they wore heels 24/7 which they don't. I'm not even going to think about putting numbers to it! It might be a controversial statement here, but I don't think male heel wearing will ever become main stream - and if it does it could well stop being fun. Perhaps I'm just being a naughty boy! Whatever you do - have fun wearing your heels. (Edited to make sense of the nonesense I'd written first time!)

Fogborkenvv wrote:

It might be a controversial statement here, but I don't think male heel wearing will ever become main stream - and if it does it could well stop being fun. Perhaps I'm just being a naughty boy!

not by me = I agree! as for "being naughty" nah! EVERYBODY has a right to their opinion! just don't let it get too big: for it might bight you in the arse! LOL!

2 months ago I was contemplating going out in my new avatars, But a new project has me excited: a 1980/1981 Datsun sunny!

it's in the needing stage - It needs parts (and Ideas)

BTW I have really lost interest in wearing heels.... I still admire them though!

later,

TXT-1

For the folks interested in replying to the queation in this thread, where do you ware, how about updating the location data in your profile?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I don't see many guys in heels wandering about town, on average just two or three per year. I do see a few more men looking at shoes in the "wrong" department, and see an occasional furtive try-on going on too.

Hi Everyone!

Just a simple question for all you outdoor high heel wearers, where are you?

I've been a part time outdoor wearer for a couple of years now and I can't say that I have ever seen another guy in heels while I am out and about!

John

Well, judging from what I've seen in this thread so far, it seems to me that we'll all just have to put on our heels and take a nice stroll in the park, and the mall, and to the grocer, and to the restaurant and to the ...

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I wore my Oprington 2 inch wedge heel boots (to drive in) and my Clarks chunky court heels in Reading today. I went to Wagamama with the other half wearing my courts.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Where I live I'm lucky to see women wearing heels... I've seen maybe a half-dozen (or a bit more than 5 for you metric types) men wearing heels in my lifetime. I'm excluding cowboy boots and the 1970's though even then you rarely saw much besides 2 inch heels with 1 1/2 inch platforms. I've also seen a few crossdressers, most in Provincetown, so that doesn't really count. A couple years ago in Yokohama Station, I saw a man wearing red platform sandals with 6 inch heels. He was walking (poorly) around the station. I was with a couple young Japanese women who were absolutely freaking out and assuring me over and over, "He is strange. Japan not like this. He is stranger." Oh, yes. Sometimes when I'm out I catch reflections of a man wearing heels in store windows :roll:

new york. I saw a guy on MacDougal Street wearing block heels, a guy on the train wearing blade heels, a guy at a club wearing block heels, guys crossing the street wearing block heels, a guy on the train platform wearing block heels, a guy 2 corners from my bld wearing semi-blade heels...

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

ok then: simply put, I DON'T wear my heels outside the house.... I'd like to but 6"-7" plats are a bit wild to go out in! and I can not tone my heels down: as it is impossible to find the "normal" heels in a US womens 13 here! so it's 4.5"-9" ballets (altough ballets are out cost wise) and 6"-8.5" plats for me however after my new avatars I am put off buying heels a bit... I have NEVER seen another guy in heels... PERIOD! (not counting CD/TV/Trangendered people)

I have never seen another guy wearing heels. And I know many people around the Tidewater VA area have seen at least ONE...:-) i've been wearing my heels publicly for about three years now with no truly negative reactions. Many a "WTF" stare, but no negative comments that I've heard. I'm actually rather sprised about it all to be honest!! Happy Heeling!! shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

I've seen loads of guys wearing heels here in London. Only two weeks ago there were about 18 or 19 of them in Oxford Street wearing everything from lowish blocks to high stiletto sandals!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I've seen loads of guys wearing heels here in London. Only two weeks ago there were about 18 or 19 of them in Oxford Street wearing everything from lowish blocks to high stiletto sandals!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm fairly certain I saw another guy wearing heels in the club last night, but it was across the room and by the time I'd was sure that he was I'd lost sight of him. I did decide to congratulate him if I saw him again, but I didn't. Chris

ok then: simply put, I DON'T wear my heels outside the house.... I'd like to but 6"-7" plats are a bit wild to go out in! and I can not tone my heels down: as it is impossible to find the "normal" heels in a US womens 13 here!

Whoa there, Txt-1!

Here in the States a women's size 13 is about the upper end of the off-the-shelf size and I have definitely seen 'em at Payless! And while I've never been "down-under", I know for a fact that I've seen size 13 heels being thrown on the Payless $5 "get rid of 'em now" pile at Ala Moanna Mall in Hawaii. So I'm having a little trouble believing you all ain't got a Payless or some similar store in Perth or Sydney, or someplace down there. Besides, I also know that there are Chinese shoe mfgrs. in Tiawan who will make custom shoes (even stainless steel) at reasonable prices. So how about giving it another look around there , mate?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Hi Everyone!

I've been a part time outdoor wearer for a couple of years now and I can't say that I have ever seen another guy in heels while I am out and about!

John

In Reading, you?

because their choices in 13's is severely limited! ie. "almost flat" sandals... forget Taiwan and china... the import costs are HIGHLY prohibitive! my new avatars cost $300+ australian - they are $70 US most of the extra cost is import tax... nah I'll stay with my Datsun Sunny - I could have bought a pair of secondhand 40mm (sidedraft) Delorto/webber carburettors (and manifold) for that price... :roll::wink: later, TXT-1

Just an idea TXT-1, but could you ask one of our US members to buy you a pair and then post them to you? I'm sure it would work out a lot cheaper, and you could sort out a way to get the money over to them. Paypal maybe. Chris

yeah I could: but the import tax would still be a killer.... I am all for supporting the local industry... but the Australian "Fetish" shoe industry is dead, as there are no local custom made heeled shoes if I ever get to england to see my sister, a visit to Leatherworks is DEFINITELY on the cards... as for now the plan is to hot up the newest Datsun Sunny!... plans for it are :roll: ... an A15 (bigger engine) and maybe some other go fast goodies..... :wink: I like my interest in footwear: but some fun has to be had! elsewhere :-) thanks Chris100575 but I have enough heeled shoes for now...

nah, I have enough heels as it is.... :roll: 2 pairs! I am not going to repeat myself again but I have other non heel related expenses..... the car(s) and some other family matters... basically I buy a new pair of heels every 2-5 years.... first pair was 12th september 2002 second pair was january 2006.... were supposed to be Pleaser "Xtreme 701" 8.5" plats but I ended up getting a pair of (leatherlook) Pleaser Sky-301 7" plat mules... see my avatars... I still sorta wish I had got the "Xtreme-701's" though... because the are "natural leather" I keep thinking "if it wasn't for the geight I could go out in these...." they are also quieter than my "former avatars" later, TXT-1

Hi Everyone!

John

Nice discussion about heels down under but lets get back on topic.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am in the DC area (work in Virginia, live in Maryland) and wear heels everywhere everyday, however, since they are wedge heels, unless you are looking for them you wouldn't notice them as much. I do wear wedge clogs with shorts in the summer though, so perhaps someone will (or has) seem me. I should be doing some kind of amusement park (either Kings Dominion near Richmond, or Hershey Park in PA, haven't decided yet) this summer with the kids, so look for a guy wearing wedge clogs and an anklet and that will probably be me.