Good response from gf!

Mikey63

Well, its been a bit of a nightmare trying to figure out how and when to tell my gf, but I finally did it! I'd drunken a little bit too much and we got onto the subject of shoes because I wanted a pair of her womens "Clarks Privo" flat sandals which I'd been wearing about the house/garden all day (most comfortable things ever!) I told her my little story about how one day I was in "schuh", I saw these wonderful knee high boots with a square toe and 3.5" heel and wished I could wear them without worrying about what other people thought of me. Because of the drink she could see how strongly I felt about it and how annoyed I was with society and its "expectations". I said "If I like something then why can't I have it or wear it?!" I told her that I was into mens fashion freedom and that I just wished I could do something about it. She immediatley asked me if I want to wear skirts, to which I replied "no not really". She then said to me "I don't mind what you wear, as long as your happy.... your still the same person" We sat down for a little while and watched some TV, after a few more alcoholic beverages I asked her if she would mind if I gave it a try and buy those boots. She told me she doesnt mind, but doesnt think I'll actually do it. The next day I appologised for drinking so much and for dumping so much onto her in such no nonsense way. Apparently she found it very endearing that i'd shared this with her so openly. All in all, I think this has gone pretty well and all I need to do now is prove that I will actually do it!! :roll:

With a green light like that, how can you not? Just don't do the proverbial give and inch take a mile scenario.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Mikey63, it appears you're one of those who've managed to find an open, honest, caring, and understanding individual who happens to be your friend. I'm thrilled for you! Tread lightly, listen to the nuances (non-verbal communication), and in everything put her concerns first and you'll succeed with this one. She sounds like she's got a great head on her shoulders.

Mikey63:-) Now that you have bulldozed the door open with the help of some drinks, level off a bit. She sounds like a very level-headed, open-minded gal. When the subject comes up the next time, forget the drinks, and go slow and listen very carefully to what she says. You have got a great gal there. Keep us all posted on this. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Im just testing the waters a bit today, her reaction may have been fairly open minded, but if she see's me in heels the reality might not be comfortable for her. I know she really likes heeled boots, she had a nice pair until her sister broke the one heel and ruined the boot by continuing to walk home on it (she was in pieces over them, because you can't get anything like them anymore). She often compliments her friends if they have a nice pair, and on few occasions I noticed they were very similar to the ones I like. Maybe its a lot to hope for but id really like to hear the words "those are really nice", a few simple words that would make me feel on top of the world.

Mikey63 heels are changeable! Tell it to her, maybe can help for her to understand that "my bf understands a lot about shoes" :roll:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Got my boots, well... some very similar. Black leather knee length with 4inch block heels and the gf loved them :wink: So much so that she actually wants a pair herself! The only negative she mentioned was that I'd have to be carefull where/how I sit when I go out in them, because she thinks the heel may be a bit too much. She suggested another pair for more casual wear and said she might buy some for my birthday. I couldnt have hoped for a better response, this sense of freedom is amazing! I'll post some pics just as soon as I can :roll:

One suggestion, get her a pair of boots, make it a couples thing. :roll:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Mikey63:-)

She sounds like a very level-headed, open-minded gal. When the subject comes up the next time, forget the drinks, and go slow and listen very carefully to what she says.

Dawn HH

I've said this one before ... silent is an anagram of listen

Xa