Heel height in school

lil_saz

Hi, Wow, I went to a boys only school and I dont think that we would have been alowed to wear 5 inch heels!!!! as for what happens if ou wear your highest?????????????????????????? how high are they and do they have a buckle? If you are going to follow the rules to the letter, then you need to make sure you are within the rules. As for the rules though, if they are letting you wear upto 5 inches wow. Please bear in mind that these posts are on the WWW and there may be folk out there that have an unhealthy interest for this kind of footwear on schoolgirls. Please, please please let me know if you get any dodgy PMs or offers to meet. Dont be stupid and agree to meet or reply to anything. I, however am glad to see that high heels will continue to be worn by another generation. Let me or the other mods know if you get any kind of hassle from anybody using the HHplace ( all the active members will understand this comment) and good luck with the teachers! Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Sounds like if you want to wear a pair of black 5 inch stiletto pumps to school, it okay. I have to wonder if the school even knows what its policy is.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The "5 inches" bit is obviously a typo. They probably meant to say "5 cm" which would allow a maximum 2-inch heel height. At my school, 6-formers were exempt from wearing uniform but (disappointingly!) few of the girls took advantage with their footwear choices. One girl did though, occasionally sporting some gorgeous FMB's.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I know its a typing error because somewhere on that page it says something about skirt length and it uses cm and not inches. I know for sure that there would be problems if i wore 5inches for school, but i could argue that it states it in the uniform rules. maybe i'll try it.

Bring another pair of shoes.... you know, just in case. At my high school, it was 3 inches... but some girls wore 4" or higher plaftorms on occasion. Never got called on it, probably because they were isolated incidents and the admins at my high school weren't idiots who looked to blow a whistle on any and everybody.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I ditto Nigel's comments - it's not a very nice world out there - be safe and don't go the PM route - a lot of people may seem trustworthy, but they're not. Human trafficking is very big, very serious, and very deadly business. Never agree to meet with someone you don't know through several trused acquaintences, and make sure at least one of them is a very long-trusted adult. If that's really your school's policy, then provided you remain within the rules, I see nothing wrong with you wearing whatever you're comfortable with wearing all day. I still can't imagine 5" heels in school, though I do remember one girl in the 11th grade discussing the fact that she could wear 5" heels. I was flabberghasted!

Yeah, I'd like to second (well, third!) Nigel's advice, some people might be interested in this thread for the wrong reasons. I'd like to think none of our regular members though. At my school I think the maximum permissable heel height was probably about three inches, as I'm sure I remember some of the girls wearing heels about that height. You could try wearing five inch heels to school and using the "it says it's OK in the rule book" defence, but would you be prepared to take the heat if the school decides to take action against you anyway? If you really want to do this I'd strongly suggest taking a pair of obviously school-approved shoes with you, so that you can change out of your heels if they come down on you. Chris

if the school lays down the law by saying that you cant wear them in here and their not school code...show them the uniform code and if they still arent happy its their policy and if they dont like it they should change it...our school policy allowed us to colour our hair...i dyed it blue (because i could) and got told to wash it out....i said "its in the school hand book that its ok" i was then told "i dont care what the handbook says your washing it out now" so i took it up with both the school board and with my mum who basically got that teachers bollox kicked (i'll appologies for that remark but its the truth, mods if you feel its unacceptable, please change :roll:) J

When I was at school in the 70's, I don't know if it was just our school being lenient or if it was a general trend, but there didn't appear to be any restriction on heel height whatsoever. A lot of girls wore very high heels. Although platforms were fashionable at the time I can think of 2 girls at least who wore stilettos sometimes and although it could be my memory playing tricks on me, one girl did seem to wear 5" stilettos fairly regularly. I distinctly remember how arched her foot was when she wore them. I'm sure some of the platforms were this high too, but of course the platform would have made the heel height feel lower due to the difference between platform sole and heel so maybe that's why they were allowed to get away with it. Paul.

Dress codes were relaxed considerably when I entered high school in the fall of 1971, so much so that girls were allowed to wear pants all year long, not just during the winter months. Classic stiletto pumps were virtually nowhere to be found, however. When I used to substitute teach, I would see classic pumps being worn quite often by high school coeds, although no one wore 5" heels. Four inches was the maximum heel height I saw.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I disagree, the rules are the rules. It would be totally reprehensible to disapline someone who was following the school dress code. I would definitely challenge it by wearing 5 inchers. You'll get away at least once based on the dress code as printed.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

we didnt have a heel height limit in school so you could wear 7 inch platform heels or 6 inch thigh high boots. you just couldnt dress to revealing. some girls did wear 5 inch heels and boots to school. one girl i knew always wore heels/boots with heels no less then 4 inchs. the only time you ever saw her without heels on is doing gym class.

That typo is funny! I remember wearing 2 pair of my 4" stiletto pumps to school before. I'll start a fun thread for that....

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I'll let everyone know if i dare wear some very highheels in school. I dont have any 5 inches but i know where i could borrow some.

I might do it on the last day of term

My guess is if you wear the pumps with an outfit where you don't call attention to yourself and walk fine, I doubt anyone will give you trouble. If you wore 3" heels and a short mini skirt, you would probably be quickly sent home.

The intent of the rules are probably not to cause a distraction rather than someone sitting at the front door with a measuring tape.

If you do wear the 5" pumps, I would say 1) make sure you can walk normal in them and 2) dress modestly, maybe even a pair of pants or a long skirt.

Just my 2cents.

Scotty

• 4 weeks later...

Actually the last week is pretty much a free for all....they are thinking about their summer and paying less attention to what is going on....

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

• 2 weeks later...

I did it. On friday i wore the five inch pumps (without the ankle straps) since it was an award day and finished at 2 oclock, we still had to wear out school uniform though so i could not wear my long skirt like i wanted to. Soooooooo, instead i wore trousers and took my short skirt in my bag. During the awards i wore my trousers which are bootcut and hide some of the heel. When i went up to collect my awards i bet everyone got an eyefull of heel as i stepped up the steps lolololol. I took the skirt as a dare and after dinner we still had just over an hour left in school so i changed into the skirt, we didnt really do much except patrol the school cos they were no lessons on. My ex noticed me too lol. he kept on staring when i was talking outside of the toilets. ha ha. his loss I never thought about it at the time but there were a few teachers taking photos at the back of the hall when each person got their award. I wonder if they saw my heels lol

Ive scanned in the part of my schools uniform policy handout which talks about the appropriate footwear.

Wat do you think will happen if i wore my highest to school?

Posted Image

Are you taking us for a ride :roll: That are never the rules of your school!!!

The best fashion is your own fashion!