Boots and Skirts in Public

Thighbootguy

Thanks for the recommendations. Bare legs? Never! :oops: I wear hosiery every day in drab with shorts - to work, everywhere. Well, when it's not snowing here in Michigan anyway. In fact my first interest in womens shoes was because they are much more 'hosiery friendly' than mens shoes are. Anyway, what you say about contrast is great advice. The tallest boots I have are knee high, from payless. (13 W here) So obviouslty nothing stiletto. I've worn all 3 pair of my boots UNDER jeans publicly before with no issues. They sure can be noisy though - but that's part of the fun, no? :wink: Recently I've been thinking about a skirt, but not sure - probably want to wear a long one if I were to wear boots - Don't want to come off looking like a hooker or something. :roll: For now I'll probably keep my street heeling to jeans. But then - you never know!!

Mike

Stilletto2004 -

I still recommend trying boots OVER jeans.

Others have commented on a concern of “looking like a hooker or something” when wearing stiletto heels. I think your reference was related to wearing a short skirt. I will grant that stilettos and short skirts are a very strong “sexy” statements but the overall appearance you present is under your control. The “hooker look” is an attitude as much as what you are wearing. If what you see looking back at you in a full length mirror has a “hooker look” and that’s not what you want to present, then don’t go out that way. However if what you see doesn’t offend you sensibility and looks nice then if you are comfortable presenting yourself that way, go for it. It all comes back to the mental attitude you have about the way you look. If you think you look like a hooker, the rest of the world will think so too. If you think the outfit looks nice, most folks will buy that also. The clothes are only a part of the image.

I wear thigh boots with 4”-5” stiletto heels over jeans or with shorts or even a short skirt. I’ve seen thigh boots referred to as hooker boots but that’s not the image I present and I have never had a comment or even a suggestion that I’m being perceived that way.

Enjoy you boots. Sorry I dumped.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Dumping is 100% acceptable. It's keeping the lines of communication open. And to be clear, yes I was referring to wearing a short skirt with boots. I think it would be better to wear a longer one. I am still new to all this, so I am reading a lot more than I am posting for sure. Any and all of your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Mike

I went on my walk tonight wearing a long sleeved blue denim shirt, black suede short skirt, black baseball cap, and my new sandals.

Posted Image

I saw these today at the Goodwill (thrift store) for $5. They are a size 11 and should be a 12 or 13 for me but the price was too good to pass and they do fit tolerably well. They are solid wood and there is no flex to these sandals at all. The sole is curved so that as your weight transfers to the front of the shoe as you walk, the curve forced the heel up. It took a few minutes to get used to walking in these but after a few steps it was natural and felt great.

I know they are not boots ... but it's summer time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have the pleasure of introducing you all to Kirsty.

Posted Image

Thanks Kirkules.

Nigel

WOW Nice done! great fit togetter! How ca u Toms go up!!! High!! Relly nice "Rebmber to say thx u woman from me"

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

The day has started well.

I stopped at Bigg’s wearing one of the most comfortable outfits I have ever worn. I had on a short sleeved off white dress shirt, white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, a black baseball cap, and a short stretch denim skirt. This skirt has a built in pair of shorts of the same material. The shorts have no inseam and are high cut. The skirt is only 1” longer than the shorts.

The biggest step was getting out of the car. As I walked across the parking lot, I saw my reflection in the store window and thought, “not bad”. There were several people waiting outside the store and I noticed the women looked at me but the man refused to look my way.

In the store I noticed the same thing. The outfit caught the attention of the women but the men refused to even look at me. The was one lady literally running through the store (she was in a real hurry) who saw me, gave me the once over and then gave me a big smile (all this without breaking stride).

At the register the same lady was bagging her stuff and again she gave me a smile but she seemed too hurried to talk to. Finally her curiosity got the better of her and she asked me, “What do you do?”

I calmly replied, “I’m a computer programmer.” This was not what she had expected.

As she left she said something about “being different” but I didn’t catch what she said and she was running again.

I asked my register clerk, who has seen me very often, “Is this too much?”

She replied without hesitation, “Way too much”, and then she said, “You didn’t ask her what she thought.”

“I didn’t get a chance”

While I was bagging my stuff, the register clerk walked to the front door and I met her there as I was leaving and told her, “I really appreciate being able to come in here dressed like this.”

She looked at me and said, “Oh we get lots worse.” I wasn’t sure how to take that but I didn’t feel insulted because it was said with a big smile. She continued, “You have a good day, it’s getting hot out there”.

I headed on to work really feeling good.

Stilletto2004 –

Great look! I’m going to have to try it some morning. The problem is I REALLY like the look of my thigh boots and it’s hard to give up an opportunity for wearing them.

I still think you should try knee high boots with the skirt.

crotchboots-m –

I still can’t get into the idea of drowning a good pair of boots.

In my humble opinion, I think that is a great look! If you think it is too much, you might try the skirt in the pervious picture, it looks a little longer, but I like that one. A caution about this board… it can have the effect of pushing people into something they are not ready for. I have seen it happen to other members and it has happened to me. I’ll read about someone else doing something and think I want to try that myself. Just because someone else is doing something doesn’t mean you should do it also. I’ll go back to my standard sermon, look in a full length mirror and if you like what you see and are comfortable presenting yourself that way go for it, otherwise don’t go out that way. Looks like I dumped again. :roll:

Any of you folks that have read my posts on the Thigh Boots in Public thread, know that I have often mentioned that I wore thigh boots and no one noticed. Well this short skirt and white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels has changed that. Tonight I stopped at Sam’s wearing a short sleeved off white dress shirt, black baseball cap, white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and a short stretch denim skirt.

Posted Image

Yep, I really wore this.

As always the hardest part was getting out of the car but after my trip to Bigg’s this morning I was ready to try this look again. I walked in and noticed that people were noticing what I had on. I spent some time wandering around before I got my stuff.

I noticed a lady in a group messing with her cell phone (camera). She was taking my picture and trying not to let me know it. I walked down the end of the isle and came back up behind her and said, “Show them how high the heel is”, and turned my foot so she could see.

“I don’t see how you can walk in those.” ( I seem to be getting asked that a lot lately.)

“It’s just practice... really just practice.”

I walked around a little more and headed for the checkout. I saw the clerk that waited on me last night and queued up in her line.

She saw me and gave me a big smile when I got to the register. “Remember from last night, your membership expires in three weeks.” And she proceeded to ring up my stuff. I think the other folks in line picked up on the noting that the guy in a skirt and thigh boots was a regular customer.

As she was ringing up my payment I said, “I’m pushing the envelope a little farther” and indicated the skirt. “Does it look bad?”

She took a good look and said, “Not at all!” “Do you ride horses?”

“No.”

“Motorcycle?” and her hand imitated working a throtle.

“No” and I turned my foot to show the heel, “Not with this heel” and I got a laugh.

We bid each other a good evening.

When I got to the exit the clerk there asked, “Where are your black boots?”

I smiled and said, “Hey, its summer.” We both laughed as I headed out into the parking lot.

Like when I walked in, it seemed like people noticed.

What a fun evening!

Stilletto2004 -

What I was trying to say in my last post is I don’t want to encourage or discourage anyone from wearing a skirt and boots. That decision is all yours. Just make the decision on your own and not because a total stranger on this board thinks it’s a good idea.

Ahh sermons are ok. I think if I were to go for this look, I would wear dark hoseiry with it. Other than that, it'd be good to go. I am a mod for a legwear forum and do heed your advice about the mirror. We've had some close calls with members over there as well. Good advice.

Mike

Well, I made it to Germany in one piece and have only just got connected to the net. I have read all your kind words. May I just say though that Steffaniboots from Swiss, Woof Woof..........my tongue fell out at your picture. You look fabulous, an image I could not pull off easily. Nice short leather skirt and lovely boots. I really enjoyed my day as Kirsty and look forward to letting her out to play again soon. I still have to gauge though the reaction and sympathies (if any) of the local town. I really hope she can come out again. Hamburg is only 1 1/2 hours away. Maybe she can come out to play there. I will let you know.

Micha and dr1819, I have recently moved to Celle, near Hannover amnd am yet to venture out into public in either a skirt and heels and make-up or just heels. I am unsure of of the attitude of the German public towards this kind of thing. Are the Germans accepting of cross-dressers in public, or men in heels? I have toyed with the idea of wearing heeled boots while riding my motorbike around the area. The only thing putting me off is if I have the same control of my machine with a stilletto heel on the footpeg. TBG, hope your back recovers fully soon..... Regards to everyone......

Micha and dr1819,

I have recently moved to Celle, near Hannover amnd am yet to venture out into public in either a skirt and heels and make-up or just heels. I am unsure of of the attitude of the German public towards this kind of thing. Are the Germans accepting of cross-dressers in public, or men in heels?

I have toyed with the idea of wearing heeled boots while riding my motorbike around the area. The only thing putting me off is if I have the same control of my machine with a stilletto heel on the footpeg.

TBG, hope your back recovers fully soon.....

Regards to everyone......

Come also to the Amsterdam meeting! And put into your suitcase your most beloved outfit. I don't know a better answer :roll:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi TBG...this is a great look, more power to you!

david

Any of you folks that have read my posts on the Thigh Boots in Public thread, know that I have often mentioned that I wore thigh boots and no one noticed. Well this short skirt and white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels has changed that. Tonight I stopped at Sam’s wearing a short sleeved off white dress shirt, black baseball cap, white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and a short stretch denim skirt.

Posted Image

Yep, I really wore this.

As always the hardest part was getting out of the car but after my trip to Bigg’s this morning I was ready to try this look again. I walked in and noticed that people were noticing what I had on. I spent some time wandering around before I got my stuff.

I noticed a lady in a group messing with her cell phone (camera). She was taking my picture and trying not to let me know it. I walked down the end of the isle and came back up behind her and said, “Show them how high the heel is”, and turned my foot so she could see.

“I don’t see how you can walk in those.” ( I seem to be getting asked that a lot lately.)

“It’s just practice... really just practice.”

I walked around a little more and headed for the checkout. I saw the clerk that waited on me last night and queued up in her line.

She saw me and gave me a big smile when I got to the register. “Remember from last night, your membership expires in three weeks.” And she proceeded to ring up my stuff. I think the other folks in line picked up on the noting that the guy in a skirt and thigh boots was a regular customer.

As she was ringing up my payment I said, “I’m pushing the envelope a little farther” and indicated the skirt. “Does it look bad?”

She took a good look and said, “Not at all!” “Do you ride horses?”

“No.”

“Motorcycle?” and her hand imitated working a throtle.

“No” and I turned my foot to show the heel, “Not with this heel” and I got a laugh.

We bid each other a good evening.

When I got to the exit the clerk there asked, “Where are your black boots?”

I smiled and said, “Hey, its summer.” We both laughed as I headed out into the parking lot.

Like when I walked in, it seemed like people noticed.

What a fun evening!

Stilletto2004 -

What I was trying to say in my last post is I don’t want to encourage or discourage anyone from wearing a skirt and boots. That decision is all yours. Just make the decision on your own and not because a total stranger on this board thinks it’s a good idea.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 3 weeks later...

skirts & boots are almost everyday wear for me. my employer has an extremely strict "gender expression anti-discrimination" policy, as does the state i work in. makes my work-life nicer! r1g0r

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Oh wow, r1g0r...makes me want to move there just to find such a place of employment. I miss the days of being able to wear heels to work on a daily basis. You truly do have the job environment most of us would only be able to dream about.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I’m a computer programmer by trade and I never saw a good idea I wasn’t willing to steal. The videos stefani boots shared with us were an inspiration and I went out with a terrible camera and shot a couple of videos.

Thighbootguy Leather Skirt

Thighbootguy Guitar

r1g0r -

Please tell us more about going to work!

ShockQueen -

Ditto

So far, I have been too much of a chicken to go out in a skirt and boots. I hope to gather my courage this fall or winter and go to bar that is friendly to people like me. I have been chatting with a friend that likes to dress and his wife is supportive. So maybe the three of us will go out sometime. My wife is not supportive and will never be supportive, so I will remain in the closet for years to come. I don't mind, I am having fun in the closet. Bottom line is that I am looking for a "normal" knee boot, that I can wear out in public. the big problem is taht I need a size 13 wide or 14. Half the fun is the shopping. I hope to see you out there this fall. Tammi

Everyone should wear boots!

With the muggy summer months, I've now been skirted inside the house full-time since May. I've taken out the trash, and have gone for late-night walks wearing skirt and heels (usually my black two-strap wedges). I've passed several people, even at 1am, none of whom have said a thing, or even looked sideways at what I was wearing. Then again, I'm not out in a miniskirt and white thigh boots like skimpiskyhighthighbootguy, either! My usual outfits (unless otherwise noted, all heels are 4"): 1. A charcoal long-sleeve shirt from Pierre Cardin and a black lether ankle skirt with the black wedge heels or black boots 2. My short-sleeved steel gray button-down shirt with khaki mid-calf skirt and the toe thong/strap shoes or medium brown flat toe-thong sandals. 3. Same as the above two, but with my longer mid-thigh (between mid-thigh and knee) khaki skirt. Of the last, I was wearing my toe-thong sandals (they could easily be men's sandals, as they have no frills and wide straps), the longer mid-thigh skirt, and my steel-gray charcoal shirt. I'd been wearing it all day, and took out the garbage. While closing the lid, I noticed my neighbors working on their cars (they have two show cars, hopped up, on which they're constantly working). Their wives were out there, too. As I used to work on cars, rebuilding engines, etc. in high school, we've become decent friends. They're the same ones I often play cards with, but only with one of the couples, not the other. Without thinking, I walked over, said hi, and asked what he was working on today (modifying the factory settings on the idle jet and testing them). We talked about a couple of things, then the wife of the couple with whom I don't play cards with (I've played cards with the other wearing long black ankle skirt and 4" heeled boots) said, "Ummm, can I ask you something?" "Sure," I replied. "Why are you wearing a skirt?" I looked down, and sure enough, there it was, girded about my loins as the good Lord commanded Adam and Eve to do with the animal skins, was an honest to God, cotton khaki skirt hanging from natural waistline to about half-way between my knees and mid-thigh. I looked up, and as it was broad daylight, and I almost never wear a skirt in broad daylight, said, "It's actually a kilt, of sorts." Yes, I was lying through my teeth, as there's a significant difference between a skirt and a kilt. For one, the kilt is a fastened wrap, while the skirt is fitted to the person without means of adjustment. This doesn't even begin to touch on tartans, box pleats, vertical pleats, etc. But she said, "Oh, ok" and the rest of the conversation proceeded over the next half an hour as if nothing were out of the ordinary. I did get a commitment from them to play cards with the other couple and I, and I plan to show in my black ankle skirt and 4" heeled boots again. I wonder what her question will be this time!

Well, it *is* a kilt. Of sorts.... My own "public" outings tend to be late in the day. We live midway between two pubs, both with late opening hours, so I'm more cautious than I would be on, say, a housing estate. Typically I'll head out in a black T-shirt, an ankle-length A-line skirt and heels that aren't *too* noisy - which rather lets out the several pairs of metal-tipped stilettoes :-(. Thus far I've had some chuckles amongst themselves from a mixed group going past, otherwise nothing.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

• 4 weeks later...

i have worn to work (almost exclusively) for 3 years: skirts heels boots leotards / bodysuits stockings of many sorts mild make-up acrylic nails polish on all 20 nails the last time i wore pants, one of my co-workers was shocked into saying that he didn't think i owned any. :evil: i am the front-running candidate for a manager position in another portion of my company, and they know about my clothing choices. it is NOT an issue! r1g0r (selling some shoes on ebay, if anybody is interested)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 4 weeks later...

I've added three more videos that have thighboots and skirts. More of the guitar playing stuff.

White thighboots and a long black leather skirt

White thighboots and a mid-thigh leather skirt

Black thighboots and a tan suede skirt

I've added two more Thighbootguy videos:

Made up tune

Puttering Around the Kitchen