Improbability of wearing 7" all day

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-03-23 06:00, Nata wrote:

It would be a challenge :smile: but I think I am not up to it ... B)

It is a big step, or rather, many tiny steps. No one said you have to be up to the challenge, of course. Leave that for strange girls like me!

I have seen pictures of seven inch heels, and it does make me feel... overwhelmed. Can I do it? Not now. I need to work my way up. It is my experiment, and the best part about it is this: if I fail, it's no big deal, because it was an experiment.

Just think about the next heel height the same way. It is for you to try, and if it does not work out, you tried and you know for certain it is not for you. Be happy, that's the most important thing. B)

I tend to agree, Carolyn, the shape is wrong in some way, and I think 5 or 5.5 inches makes the foot look best. But I set out to find out, so there's not qutting until I try. Does anyone else think the foot shape in seven inch heels just lacks something?

Hiya, I'm size 40 euro, 7 inches well I could stand in them, but not walk well in them. 5 to 5½ inches is OK for everyday use. It's nicer buying shoes you can wear anyhow. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I'm size 40/41 Euro. I can stand in them but not walk in them properly. And I agree with Carolyn and Laurie. They don't look too nice either. Like I said before they are not proper heels anyway. The last 2" shoots up past the back of the foot. You aren't actually standing on it; it's cosmetic. I don't wear anything higher than 5" because it affects my walk too much. I want to walk naturally and 4-4 1/2 is best for that, for me personally. A girl might be trying to achieve something different. However, the main use is probably for the bedroom. I hope your bedrooms are not big ones. That might present a challenge :smile:

Yesterday I met a new Dutch friend who is pretty much in the fetish stuff. He wears size 40 or 41 but his feet are amazingly flexible. He could walk in 7-inch heels (no plat) very naturally without even bending his knees. He also had some ballets and handled them very well. He sometimes wears these heels for hours at fetish parties but spends the rest of his life on flat safety shoes, and only wore his socks without shoes as usual when we actually weren't trying heels. I even had problems standing on his heels (some were La Piazza special designs) and walking on them was close to impossible. Watch my website for the march diary because I took quite a bit of pictures and even some camera shots. I also borrowed his Heike type foot trainers to experiment a bit during the next months.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

agree with you firefox. a 7" high heel is probably mainly for bedroom use, although i do have a pair of black patent pumps that are exactly 7". can't straighten my knees. but they are fun if you are just sitting around on a couch or chair. i sometimes wear them while i work on the computer. i can walk a little ways, getting better. i mainly have 5" to 5 1/2" stilettos. still looking for a true 6", the ones i have found that say 6" have only come up to 5 1/2" or a little more.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

It's amazing how much of the idea behind wearing heels is about the rush and the feel. It's almost equal to the fashion statement for some people. Not everyone, of course, but how something you wear on your feet can cause such a psychological reaction is amazing. What does this say about human beings?

On 2002-03-31 08:14, hoverfly wrote:

That we are only human. What else?

Only? ONLY? Being human is pretty darn special. There's nothing "only" about it. That would be like saying "it's only vanilla" when you find out it isn't french vanilla, or "the heel is only three inches". Only can be bad!

:smile: I'll lay off now.

That was only me above... I don't know about you, but I am more of a mint chocolate chip my self. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-03-31 09:28 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

If only I had more money to buy shoes, that one is a good one, and very much an if only I like. And there's nothing wrong with vanilla. Real vanilla is actually a black bean. It's exotic! It's rare to find the real thing these days! Why they make it white ice cream is beyond me. Now "if only" I could get to bed so I could spend another day in heels tomorrow...

On 2002-03-31 06:59, Laurieheels wrote:

It's amazing how much of the idea behind wearing heels is about the rush and the feel. It's almost equal to the fashion statement for some people. Not everyone, of course, but how something you wear on your feet can cause such a psychological reaction is amazing. What does this say about human beings?

It shows our feet are wired to our brains in stange ways. Being "only human" is a complex process :smile:

Being human is great, we're the only beings on this planet that can enjoy the pleasure of heels.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-03-31 17:24, Highluc wrote:

Being human is great, we're the only beings on this planet that can enjoy the pleasure of heels.

Now Highluc has the right way of using only.

And of course, many other animals do not need to wear heels, they are designed to walk the same way without any help. We, of course, need heels to have the same foot position as, say, a cat.

But we are only human... :smile:B) and my cat is only a cat. _________________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-03-31 20:18 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Nope, I understand laurie. :smile: Romeo, Romeo, wherefor art thou? Lacing up Juliet's stiletto boots. _________________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-01 02:23 ]</font>

• 3 months later...

This topic seems to have been quiet for a while - but thought I'd chuck my three penn'orth in anyway! One advantage of having big feet (I'm A UK 9 / US 11 or thereabouts) is that the higher heel sizes get easier - well, relatively easier anyway! What I've found personally is that a heel that is virtually impossible in one make of shoe is manageable in another. For example, I have a pair of true 6" heel court shoes that I can just about totter along in, but I have 2 pairs of boots (ankle and calf length) with exactly the same heel height that I can wander around in quite happily all day without even getting sore calves... I don't know what it is about the differing designs - maybe its that the boots give a bit of added stability? I think the moral is : don't give up if the first pair of ultra-high heels you try on are impossible to even stand in, experiment with different makes and styles and maybe you'll find all of a sudden the impossible becomes possible! Incidentally - I can't remember which one it is but there is at least one manufacturer who varies the heel height in accordance with the shoe size to keep the overall style constant.... the downside is that on one pair I really like, the heel height in my size worked out at the famous 7" - which I know for a fact I can't manage (yet?)... apart from in the bedroom anyway! Martin

Train, practice, and just keep trying. That is all I do. I have noticed that I can do some amazing things in shoes now. I know I said I would experiment and find out if it were possible, but it may take a while still before I can say how a seven inch heel might work out in the office all day. More time is needed, simply because I cannot buy new shoes as often as I would like. Oh well. I prefer a US 11 for high heels myself, and being a girl, that does give me an advantage for the height. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

How do you measure heel height anyway ?. Is it the height of the very back part of the 'sole' ?. I think it should be the extra height it gives to the wearer. As one member said, 7" all day.... 'not likely'. Ballet shoes/boots 'ugly' ?. I wouldn't go that far, but they do look seriously unnatural, and I can't imagine anyone looking elegant or sexy walking in them. Shane

How do you measure heel height anyway ?. Is it the height of the very back part of the 'sole' ?. I think it should be the extra height it gives to the wearer.

I try and measure up the 'middle' of the heel, as that's the nearest to the extra height you gain. But that's because I can't be bothered to put them on, then measure how much taller I am.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"