dr1819

Have/Do you wear skirts?  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Have/Do you wear skirts?

• Male and Nope! Never!
    • Male and wear skirts
    • Male and wear kilts
    • Male and wear both/either
    • Female and wear skirts/kilts/sarongs/etc.
    • Female and Nope! Never!
    • I'm thinking it about it, but no decisions yet...

I'm afraid I must take Techs side on this issue. How we present ourselves to the world is critical to acceptance. While not as blunt as Tech, I try to put forward constructive critizism. How we feel is important, but it cannot be put above what I believe most guys here would like to see, acceptance. We as men wearing high heels have to understand that we have to look our best. We really need to look in a mirror before venturing out into a world that is on the verge of accepting of new and unusual fashon. We really need to take baby steps and avoid going over the top. Incorporating heels into a primarily male wardrobe is one such small step. No offence to wetwillie, but in my opinion kilts and high heels don't really work fashionwise. And I'm sorry but kilts just don't work with a T-shirt especially when wearing high heels. In fact T-shirts don't work with any kind of skirt man or woman. I would recommend a more formal look on top. After all a kilt is a rather formal garment and a T-shirt is not.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You need to check out Utilikilts.com then, we even have a contractor here in Seattle called "Men in Kilts", they are sweaty, gritty, and wear kilts. Check out their web site, manly guys wearing kilts with t-shirts, work shirts, etc. I wear my "workmans" and "survival" with chamois shirts, hiking boots, whatever the trail and climate call for. That's what will gain acceptance, guys with six-pack abs and taught calves wearing kilts, skirts, heels, you name it. I don't have the six-pack abs, but my calves and legs rock, and they are unshaved and hairy.

I guess I should have explained the photos. They were from 2 different "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" events. That's why I'm wearing the tee shirts. That's also the only reason I'm wearing heels in public. My wife doesn't object to me wearing skirts, just not in public. So my only choice was pants, shorts, or the kilt. I agree it's not a good look, but it was all just for fun and charity,

But is how you look more important than how it makes you feel? I mean, we are dudes who enjoy wearing heels, we obviously don't give a rat's a** how others think we look. Am I wrong here? :irked:

:smile: Funny, but probably true for the majority here.

What I do however say, is strictly my own opinion, and is often based on extremely poorly co-ordinated dress sense that just makes them look stupid.

Ah, its just hard to sometimes figure out what you do like, and since all we ever see of you is these occasional coarse sounding replies from the cookie monster :smile:, you will remain a bit of a mystery to me I guess.

Of course, that's fine, and I agree, there are a lot of pictures of guys looking silly around here in one way or another, and it often depends on who you ask. In fact, you probably have gotten a chuckle out of some of the pictures that I have posted around here in the past, I'm sure.

As Irishwolf alluded to, we are just a bunch of 'radical' dudes really struggling to make this all work out while in heels, and we all have different thoughts of what looks good. For example, I really think JeffB is lately right on target in my opinion, but that would be my opinion and others may disagree with that, but its all good. We're in this together :smile:

Each of us needs to keep in mind that our outward appearance is important. Not just for ourselves but for the men in high heels community as a whole. If we look good in our heels society's view of us as a whole can be changed. If we live up to the stereotype of a man in heels, we will get nowhere. As for the men in kilts contracter I have one word. Gimmick. The shoe that wetwillie wore with the kilt doesn't really work with it. I would recommend a knee high boot here. Understanding wetwillie's last post, I am not going to pick on the T-shirt. It was the event that day. Bottom line is that most all of us have made some fashion blunders. I just hate others making the same mistakes I've made. So when people post pictures of themselves here they open themselves up to critizism. Some guys here really rock the look. Others quite frankly need help. Fashion sense is not something the average guy has had to think about. Like it or not, every time we step out in heels we are representing the men in heels community.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm using this quote as a ' reference ', not as a statement by someone else or an opinion from someone else.. Im just using it as its something we all ask ourselves all the time..

"Seriously, does anybody actually seriously think that WWillies look is a good one?"

Good question. We *all* ask that about ourselves, others ( men and women alike looking at each other ).

Even some people in the ' Heavy Metal ' genre have pondered such questions..

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43166&start=0

"Socially acceptable cross dressing?"

"A proper haggis metal band should wear kilts and there should also be bagpipes!"

I can say I have seen a few ' Metal ' acts from Europe ( and one from Canada ) where at least one band member was performing wearing a kilt.

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f104/kilts-metal-headbangers-journey-31766/

"I remember Axl wore a kilt every now and then. The dude from Korn wears them all the time I think. I've heard that Zakk Wylde is wearing leather ones."

Theres a bunch of pictures of those headbangers wearing kilts.. Yeah, those supposed ' tough guys whom worship the devil and cause our youth to turn into wreckless heathens ' ( LOL! :irked: )

I DO feel its about the ' whole package ', how its worn and with what top, socks ( or stockings )..

What some people call fashion blunders turn into raving trends.. Look no further then UGG type boots! They are worn with everything, everywhere in ANY season!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

No offence, but Skirts/kilts/heels commands a certain amount of smartness, tidyness, "Well kept" if you like, all of which, your upper half is screaming the opposite...

It's only a dichotomy if your upper half is screaming "male" while your lower half is screaming "female." One look at my hairy, muscular legs beneath a kilt or kilt-like skirt usually belays that impression, and if I were to wear a pair fairly blocky mid-heel boots I've had for years, at the very worst someone might say, "Oh, a goth."

On the other hand, those with slight upper builds can easily get away with wearing the usual skirt/heels combo. In the same light, women with chunky/stocky/muscular builds cannot pull off pencil skirts.

You're right about the importance of being "well kept" which to me means both neat and coordinated, not just in colors, but between self and the style, as well.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Well, when it comes to fashion, it's all about trial and error. Women are FAR more knowledgable about fashion, having been taught about it from childhood, but we men pick it up late in life, so we're bound to make mistakes as we learn the ins and outs of what works with what. It's also a given that not EVERY man can wear a skirt or should wear a skirt, that much is understandable, I like to think I can, so I make sure I properly coordinate my entire outfit when I wear a skirt. Whether you want the responsibility or not, we ALL represent the freestyling community when out in public, so it's VITAL to present a stylish and tasteful image.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...

I guess I should have explained the photos. They were from 2 different "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" events. That's why I'm wearing the tee shirts. That's also the only reason I'm wearing heels in public.

My wife doesn't object to me wearing skirts, just not in public. So my only choice was pants, shorts, or the kilt. I agree it's not a good look, but it was all just for fun and charity,

Compared to what I did at the walk we went on = = = never mind

Talking about kilts check this out too Cris and Serena

www.kiltthis.com make kilts also.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Talking about kilts check this out too Cris and Serena

www.kiltthis.com make kilts also.

Like the designs and the adjustability - - Great looking - -

But the price tags on Kilts!!

I'm in the wrong business.

I voted 'both'. As one of the McGregor ilk I have the clan kilt, but after buying the thing I never went the whole hog with the accessories, like the skein dhu, the sporran, the brogues, so I have really never worn it. Not a complete waste, as my daughter has! As for the skirt, see me in a kurta in the gallery.

• 2 weeks later...

I've enjoyed wearing skirts with heels for years but only worn a skirt in public twice. I don't feel confident enough to wear a skirt with bare legs or sheer hosiery, but I may try to be a little more adventurous with the skirt, heels and opaque tights look during the winter months. It was a lot of fun the couple of times I've tried it although I still love heels with trousers too.

If you like it, wear it.

I've enjoyed wearing skirts with heels for years but only worn a skirt in public twice. I don't feel confident enough to wear a skirt with bare legs or sheer hosiery, but I may try to be a little more adventurous with the skirt, heels and opaque tights look during the winter months. It was a lot of fun the couple of times I've tried it although I still love heels with trousers too.

It takes a special sort of mindset to wear a skirt and heels in public. Not everyone can do it, nor should you force yourself to try it if you're not comfortable, but once you acclimate yourself, you'll find that it's a great deal of fun as you've already discovered. I've worn skirts of all lengths, with hosiery and without and it's a great thrill, you'll find that out in time.

Hi Sleekheels, Spending a lot of time in skirts I must agreee with JeffB. They are a great deal of fun, you actually need to learn how to wear a skirt because its not something guys know. They are much nicer than slacks/pants etc in summer, especially with bare legs because its so much cooler. In terms of looks - well a skirt is crossing a boundary in my mind from wearing heels, to showing off your legs and heels...there really isn't much difference (from a distance) between hosiery and not - the silhouette will still be a skirt, legs and high heels... the skirt is probably the bigger hurdle than the high heels are. This has been my main philosophy for years now, from a distance you look the same regardless of the 'detail' of what you're wearing. If people are up close then they will see the detail, otherwise the image portrayed is generic. For this reason I evolved into being a little more bold, waxing my legs for a start. I experienced no issues - other than positives from those who were close enough to see the effort made. Its gone from there to include mini skirts, very feminine shoes, anklets, pedicures, etc. I applied the same philosophy to a handbag - its not really noticeable further away, obviously is closer in. One thing for sure is that its addictive and liberating using your legs! Mens fashion has no focus on legs whereas womens is significantly focused around their legs. Most importantly is confidence, you should expect attention and embrace the attention that high heels will bring if you pair them with a skirt. Hope this helps. Cheers Heel-Lover

...Mens fashion has no focus on legs whereas womens is significantly focused around their legs...

Maybe it is because (most) women got much nicer looking legs than men.

Only a few men got the proper legs shape to wear a skirt. (Just my opinion)

And unfortunately, I don't think I am a part of them...:smile:

Maybe it is because (most) women got much nicer looking legs than men.

Only a few men got the proper legs shape to wear a skirt. (Just my opinion)

And unfortunately, I don't think I am a part of them...:smile:

So you never wear shorts either ?

If most women had so much good looking legs they would wear skirts mostly and they do not.You subdue to social stereotypes as far as I reckon.

I would agree with that assessment. At the risk of sounding egotistical, or delusional, I happen to think I have better legs than most women I've seen in my travels and look great in a skirt. I wouldn't wear skirts, especially short skirts if I didn't think they look good on me, and they do! Just look at my avatar for proof!

The success of talguyinheels, JeffB and others wearing skirts has got me considering giving it a try as well.

In my experience women are much more accepting of men in skirts than men in heels.

So you never wear shorts either ?

Yes I do. Nice legs are not required to wear shorts.

But a skirt looks better with nice legs.

Wondering if women look at men's lges when they wear shorts

the same way as we do when looking at women wearing a skirt.

Do they say "this man got nice legs ?" I don't think so...

If most women had so much good looking legs they would wear skirts

mostly and they do not.You subdue to social stereotypes as far as I reckon.

Most women I know (having nice legs) are wearing skirts...

Maybe the fashion is different in larger urban area ?

Hi, I read somewhere that sometimes when they do photoshots for ads for hose they actually use male legs. I don't know if that is truu. To me men has just as good looking legs as women do especially with hose on. The one thing you can say about mens legs is the hair. To look good the hair has to go, but with for instance black hose the legs look good even with hair. A female vaitress at a local restaurant told me I had very nice legs one day when I was dressed in a skirt, heels and black hose.

Best regards, Stefan

Yes I do. Nice legs are not required to wear shorts.

But a skirt looks better with nice legs.

It depends on the look your trying to accomplish. If your going for the female look with a pencil skirt and heels, then yes, but if your going for the masculine look like a Utilikilt with hiking boots, then I don't think it's any different than shorts.

Wondering if women look at men's lges when they wear shorts

the same way as we do when looking at women wearing a skirt.

Do they say "this man got nice legs ?" I don't think so...

I do.

This is nice to know. Here in Orange County 92866 it is mostly safe to wear a skirt anywhere from ankle length in the cooler weather and evening to mini skirts on a good day. One time after a meeting of some people from the church one girl said I wish I had legs like that and the other said hell I wish I could walk in heels like that. As for me I feel that there are at least two fronts to persue one is for guys to sport a practacal unbifricated garment like a kilt or guy looking garment as nongirly as can be with no frills of lace. And when I go this way I keep it to block heels. Then the second front is for guys to wear skirts for glamor. Steletto heels and silky pantyhose but no fake boobs. Actually I persue both fronts and not sure how compatable or do they mix. Today all day I wore a dark olive shirt dress from the waist up looks like a shirt and the lower hem about mid thigh. Also see

That is me with the skirt and heels and I did not change back to regular clothes after the shoot. Maybe when I think of it the two fronts do mix because this video is somewhere between.

I would agree with that assessment. At the risk of sounding egotistical, or delusional, I happen to think I have better legs than most women I've seen in my travels and look great in a skirt. I wouldn't wear skirts, especially short skirts if I didn't think they look good on me, and they do! Just look at my avatar for proof!

I have been told by quite a few women they WISH they had my legs. Men tend to have longer legs and when put into a skirt/heels setting, if not to muscular, tend to look better then *some* women ( I used *some* to be ' politically correct ' as I dont have any real data on such, just going off what I have been told by some women themselves ).

Im not into skirts or dresses, but have worn them out on excursions with Darian as it was requested. Id rather a pair of pants. ( being honest ).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

...One time after a meeting of some people from the church one girl said I wish I had legs like that...

In a previous post I wrote: "Only a few men got the proper legs shape to wear a skirt"

After watching your video on Youtube, I know you are one of them for sure !

With those legs I hope you are wearing skinny jeans ? (I think I'm a little bit jealous)