dr1819

Have/Do you wear skirts?  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Have/Do you wear skirts?

• Male and Nope! Never!
    • Male and wear skirts
    • Male and wear kilts
    • Male and wear both/either
    • Female and wear skirts/kilts/sarongs/etc.
    • Female and Nope! Never!
    • I'm thinking it about it, but no decisions yet...

Go to goodwill!

I know it dosen't have a savory reputation as a place to get good clothes, but 2nd hand stores are good for buying experimental clothes in. You can try on different skirts to find your size and if you end up not liking the skirt you bought, it's not like you lost more than $5 on it.

As soon as I find one... as soon as I find one.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 5 months later...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In many countries, that's all men wear!

It's a shame that the U.S. isn't as progressive when it comes to fashion!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

...I like skirts and such that hit knee-length or lower, even to the floor. I have a kilt I made and I have a few peasant skirts, even a few gothic-looking long black denim skirts. Some days, I don't feel like putting my legs through two separate holes to get dressed.

...Skirts can be quite manly.

Posted Image

Wolfie, I really don't know why you might say something like that. Were you perhaps noticing the gorgeous skirt Yul Brenner was wearing as pharaoh in The 10 Commandments, or was it the Roman battle skirt Richard Burton was wearing in Cleopatra? Of course that's not really fair since so many guys have worn Roman skirts: John Wayne, Robert Talyor, Rex Harrison, just to name a few. But then time would fail me to name guys like Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Victor Mature, Kirk Douglas, James Doohan, and Charlton Heston - all of whom have worn either skirts or kilts on screen or in public.

BTW, once a garment gets much below the knee, it's not really a skirt anymore - more like a dress or a gown.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I always wear skirts around the house and also outside in the summertime. I've basically been all the normal places skirted and I think my neighbourghs have gotten used to it by now.:wink:

Love when a man is wearing kilts/skirts as male. CD/TV is a different story, but as to any kind of skirt as a male garment... wishing more men would dare... also I think, that way it is quite accepted as fashion by the most in society.

Not bad, Danielinheels! You look good in that pic. That long skirt suits you perfectly. Great work! Hope to see more!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Not that I do it often, but I do enjoy wearing a skirt from time to time. I have a small collection. For the last couple of years I have shaved my legs for the simple comfort of it, so a skirt became just a nice addition to my fashion options. I also LOVE gauchos...but thats another topic I suppose.

Style is built from the ground up!

Skirts - wearing one as I type this. I like long skirts - ankle-length or longer - so kilts aren't really an option for me. Jon - can you persuade Sissy to design some *long* skirts for men? I'd happily pay Midas' prices if they had any designs I actually *liked*! Maybe I should just drop in on them, given that we're all in the same town.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Jon - can you persuade Sissy to design some *long* skirts for men? I'd happily pay Midas' prices if they had any designs I actually *liked*! Maybe I should just drop in on them, given that we're all in the same town.

I'll ask her.

I find Midas to be pricey enough without asking her to make bespoke garments.

I'll ask her :wink:)

Jon

Never try to baptise a cat

I love wearing skirts!!

Here is me wearing one when out on the town with Sissy from Big Brother 4.

Posted Image

She designs for Midas clothing which is another site that designs skirts for men.

It will soon be a male item of clothing, but then again, I don't care if its not.

Jon

Dang - I have GOT to hang out with you as I'm much better looking yet you seem to know the crowd which accepts men, heels, and skirts.

PS, the better looking comment was highly partial...

But I'm mediocre on the drums, but rather stellar on the bongos, recongas, and congas...

Can I join your band? I've done sound for three bands, including helping the Beach Boys (twice, in 1983 and 2006), worked radio (1984), etc., whatever, etc., I can play, and you've heard the results of my very preliminary electronic work.

I just want to be a walk-on! I love doing that! Did that in Key West, Va Beach, San Diego, and a couple of other places where the drummer wanted to take a break.

Not that I can drum!

But as I said, I can play the bongos, recongas, and congas like no one else in Santana's band...

I find Midas to be pricey enough without asking her to make bespoke garments.

Heh. I didn't say bespoke - I hope there are enough folks like me out there that something longer can be a part of their range. I can get (just about) long enough skirts from places like Long Tall Sally, but the shape around the hips is just *wrong*.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Dang - I have GOT to hang out with you as I'm much better looking yet you seem to know the crowd which accepts men, heels, and skirts.

Of course your better looking than me, your German!! A naturallly good looking race.

How come you got to work with the Beach Boys? I'm really impressed by that!!!!

Jon

Slightly off-topic, for which I apologise, but in addition to the support I've had from my other friends, hanging out with Jon has really made me a lot more confident about my heels. Thanks mate!

Chris

Getting back to the topic in hand, the office where I work is really warm all the time. One of the guys was saying that if it doesn't cool down any he's going to start coming in wearing a kilt. Apparently he did this in his previous job, which his boss wasn't happy about. He replied that if women were allowed to wear skirts, it was discrimination to say he couldn't wear a kilt and that he was prepared to go to a tribunal if the issue was pushed. The kilt stayed. It'll be interesting to see if he does. Chris

Of course your better looking than me, your German!! A naturallly good looking race.

How come you got to work with the Beach Boys? I'm really impressed by that!!!!

Jon

Right place, right time, and a small ad appeared in the college newspaper which asked, "Wanna be a roadie?" and went on to describe the duty - hours of set-up, a free concert and a chance to meet the band, and hours of tear-down.

It was worth it to meet the band, but not for the free concert (only $14 for the others who just chose to show up).

I met 'em again recently when they did a couple concerts for the troops here in Europe and I was asked to do some network setups for them.

Getting back to the topic in hand, the office where I work is really warm all the time. One of the guys was saying that if it doesn't cool down any he's going to start coming in wearing a kilt. Apparently he did this in his previous job, which his boss wasn't happy about. He replied that if women were allowed to wear skirts, it was discrimination to say he couldn't wear a kilt and that he was prepared to go to a tribunal if the issue was pushed. The kilt stayed.

It'll be interesting to see if he does.

:

Chris

Right On! Let 'em have it between the eyes!!:wink::D If a few more fellas would simply stand up for what's right, we might be able to break this oppressive discrimination against men!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Right On! Let 'em have it between the eyes!!:wink::D If a few more fellas would simply stand up for what's right, we might be able to break this oppressive discrimination against men!

You know, we ought to start visiting one another at work. That might help expand the envelope...

I remember when I started wearing skirts to work. The guys objected to using the same toilet as them, as did the girls. The unions supported me and had the company build me my own toilet. I don't know if its a victory or not. Cheers Jon

I remember when I started wearing skirts to work.

The guys objected to using the same toilet as them, as did the girls.

The unions supported me and had the company build me my own toilet.

I don't know if its a victory or not.

Cheers

Jon

You bet that's a victory! :fine: At the very least, it gets right to the seat of things!:wink: Right On! :D

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

The reason I am unsure if its a victory or not is because its a million miles away from acceptance. I suppose its a legal victory but I have done little for the transgender movement. I'm sure if I had actually been a transexual, the outcome would have been the same. Jon

The reason I am unsure if its a victory or not is because its a million miles away from acceptance.

I suppose its a legal victory but I have done little for the transgender movement.

I'm sure if I had actually been a transexual, the outcome would have been the same.

Jon

Even as a building may require many hundreds of bricks to complete, each brick serves to make the building bigger and stronger. Dispise not the day of small things.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 months later...

I love my kilt. It feels great to wear it in the hot Atlanta summers, especially to fetish/other parties. I can see why women love skirts so much!

Skirts and kilts are cool; they are easy to get on and off, and they look and feel good. I'm planning on making a sopran to go with my kilts.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I got burned pretty badly by boiling radiator water on my thighs today. Obviously I didn't want to take my pants back on to go to the emergency room, so I was pretty happy that I have skirts in my closet. Wearing a wrap-around skirt was a much better choice in such a situation. Go skirts !