New development on parents

Those are perfect shoes. That's a big step to for your mother to be forward about them. This could be a good start to other things. Wear them casually like you say. Keep it up! Are there other/different styles you want to try and wear also? Do you think she will be ok with those?

The only reason I asked the question is that the shoes didn't appear to be new. They looked well worn. (no inference here, just curiosity)

Yeah, they are not that new my mum has worn them a few times, even though they are around a size too big.

Those are perfect shoes. That's a big step to for your mother to be forward about them. This could be a good start to other things. Wear them casually like you say. Keep it up!

Are there other/different styles you want to try and wear also? Do you think she will be ok with those?

Cheers, yeah I couldnt believe it when she got me to try them on and wear them, it was dream come true and weight off my mind. I just need to wait and see what she says when I wear them when I go out during the week. We shall find out.

With regards to different styles.... I have been wearing all types of heels out and about on my own for ages such as pointy stiletto type boots and quite high (up to 4 inches) block/blade type heels. But I think that in order to gain complete acceptance and comfidence in heel wearing as normal I will probably stick to wearing heels like the ones in the picture. I will of course go into thinner type block heels but I think that if I came down wearing four inch stiletto boots it would be taking it a bit too far. I guess the aim is to keep the look as minimal as possible.

Those are perfect shoes. That's a big step to for your mother to be forward about them. This could be a good start to other things. Wear them casually like you say. Keep it up!

Are there other/different styles you want to try and wear also? Do you think she will be ok with those?

DITTO! Take it nice & easy and give yer mum a chance to get her mind around your shoes. You might even let her take the lead and make suggestions. Just don't upset the applecart at this stage.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Sounds like your mom is on your side. The boots in the pic look like the styles we wore in the 70's and they were sold as guys boots. Funny how things are different when they came back into style this time-just for ladies. I say wear them and enjoy them. Your mom sounds like a cool lady.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I typed a long reply, and then the forum went down, so I'll try again.

I only get to wear boots during the night/early morning (I start work at 15:30), but I don't really want to be "caught", so I tip-toe around on wooden floors, and am careful not to make too much noise or put any lights on incase I were to wake my parents. I'm a dirty, horrible smoker, too, so I spend a bit of time in my back garden. When I'm out, all my worries go away, and I make noise walking up and down the path, just being happy to be me. It all goes away as soon as I quietly go back inside.

I have two male footwear items; tatty old trainers and uncomfortable, ugly, slippery shoes. I'd love to be able to wear a comfortable pair of heeled boots during my day, and I would, because I don't really care what other people think of me, but I do care about my mum and dad as I said previously.

I plan to do some street heeling on my own for the first time tonight, if I have the confidence.

Also, I can't make the heel meet, but I ask if there is anyone around near me (or driving distence) who would be willing to give me some clue about what to wear. I have lots of clothes, but when I wear them together something just doesn't look right. The only thing that does look right, are my shoes! Mind you, I'm probably being blind. Get in touch if you think you can help.

Weeell, I'm seeing two extremes: High heels, which can lead to wild excitement instead of quiet fun; and smoking - death on the installment plan. One gets you up in the world and the other puts you down - some choice, eh?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels