Question? Do you always login when you visit.

Are you a member and do you normally login when visiting the forum?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a member and do you normally login when visiting the forum?

• Yes I am a member but only login when I want to post something
    • Yes, I am a member and always login
    • Yes, I am a member but only ever read the forum and never post
    • No, I'm not a member, I enjoy reading the forum but don't want to register
    • No, I'm not a member. I've tried but had trouble registering
    • No. I'm not a member. I used to be but lost my password or had my login revoked for some reason

I've been watching the numbers of people on this board for the last few days and have noticed that the number of guests is almost invariably outnumbering the number of members logged in at any one time. The question I have is, Is the high number of guests due to members just reading the board but can't be bothered to login. Are there a significant number of people who read this board who aren't members for one reason or another. Is the number of guests indicative of the other problems that this board has at the moment. To give an example of what I'm saying, writing this there are at the moment 5 members logged in and 13 guests. A couple of hours ago, I noticed only 2 members and 15 guests. I've deliberately put the poll in this topic group so guests can actually participate.

While most of the Guests will be real people, at least some of the Guests will be search engine spiders from Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc, indexing the site, whilst others will be malicious bots that are harvesting email addresses from member profiles to send them spam later.

Well, looking at the ratio of responses to views for most threads, you can tell that there are PLENTY of people who just look around here, but don't post - either they are members and didn't have anything substantive to add, fans of the site who just read, or as was suggested, email address harvesters. This is especially common in picture-heavy threads. btw I voted for the second option of six.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I stay loged in constantly. If for some reason I find that I have been loged out, I immediately log back in. I also have things set so that I don't have to retype my name and password in each time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

I always logon from my home machine, but when I'm at work and want to pop in, I don't due to company policy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.