New Shoes

Debbie(HK)

Tell us all about your new purchases here - brands, colour, style, bargains... I wore a new pair of red patent courts with ankle straps and 5" stilleto heels yesterday. I bought them ages ago but hadn't worn them before, they looked great, were very comfortable and didn't need breaking in at all which is a bonus. I have such a collection of shoes now that there are still some other pairs lurking around which haven't seen the light of day!

This is a platform free shoe zone!

I have not purchased, but I find that I have had a similar experience. I have purchased new shoes, and then not worn them, sometimes for months. After such a time, I return to them, only to find that I enjoy wearing the shoes so much that I feel sorry for not wearing them non stop from the moment I purchased them. It has not happened of late, but then, I have not purchased new shoes in a while.

I bought some smart black courts last week. They have a pencil slim heel. I like the thinner heels best though I have some blade heels as well. It's a great feeling stepping into a new pair of heels becasues every pair feels a little bit different.

I purchased a pair of 5½ inch patent pumps with steel heel ultra slim the other day, I can't say more than I think there sensational. Was inspired by one of Judy's posts on Jenny's site's board. Inga

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Well, there will not be a new shoes post from me as I had hoped. I seem destined to never buy another paid of shoes. This time, we have very bad weather. It is snowing again, and should go tonight into tomorrow and through to Monday. Maybe in a few weeks I will report the good news. Right now, some dark podiatrist is scheming against me. My car isn't starting again until it warms up a bit, so I cannot even go look. Such a shame

Laurie, I know its cold, but how do you get to work. Your car doesn't work so that 50% rules out any basement carpark (a freind might help here), so you have to come through the front door, this means you're out and about. If you out and about then surely you must pass a shoe haven. Inga :smile:

Well, there are malls downtown, but I am not going to walk out in this bad weather. I was forced to do that today, and it wasn't snowing yet. It was just cold. I saw very few people outside today. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. It's not an excuse, unless the excuse is about not being cold. It can wait a few weeks.

Hi Inga, Thanks but we have been there many a time! We are down in Melbourne a fair bit and were just wondering if you could suggest any places to shop for some new shoes. We have ventured down Chapel Street on a few occasions and would like to try somewhere new? Thanks, Geoff.

Shame that Jane isn't around as she would be able to help. Wonder where she gets her's from? Also Sasha pops into the chat room sometimes - who is also in Aus. She used to sell shoes, but I'm not sure whether she still does. Maybe Tom 'hhl(m)' knows her web address? Debbie

Hi Inga, Any comments on Gary Castles shoes at all (comfort, fit, etc)? :smile: I saw JaneOz has a few in her pictures, however she hasn' been around for a while to ask. I'm not too sure if they have a shop in Melbourne or not. They have a few outlets in Sydney. It looks like that sometimes they have nice styles. Just wondering if they're worth it or not. WiseGuy...B)

Before you do anything call: Raymond Castles (Trades as Gary Castles) Footwear - womens In-house PR PO Box 2905 Sydney NSW 2001 tel: 02 9233 6780 and ask whether there are any outlets in Melbourne that carry their stock. I know they have a shop in Sydney at centrepoint, also there may be some stock at Evelyn Miles Toorak but I'm not sure. Hope this helps. Inga :smile:

Let's get this straight, you bought a new pair of Oxfords with 7" heels and wore them to work all day? I'd suggest that you wear them around the house to break them in first. No wonder you got blisters. Those shoes are better kept for evenings out. See my thoughts about wearing 7" all day....... Glad you got some Oxfords though, I love mine :smile: Debbie

Hi Inga, Thanks for the info, that helps. I'm planning on buying some from Gary Castles for my girlfriend, just thought I can get a first hand experience from you :smile: My girlfriend loves Zomp, too. They have great styles and apparently according to her quite comfy, too, despite the height. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone :smile: I just bought some new silver high heeled pumps. They are of course, pointed toe pumps with a 5 1/4" spike heel. The thing that sets them off as special is the black patent heel and black patent toe cap on a silver shoe. I love them and cannot wait to wear them out to show them off. They are far too dressy for day wear though. Dinner and dancing would be perfect.