OK, so what children's programmes do you watch?

Many moons ago, my father used to get in from work (he was a teacher) and everything would stop for 5 minutes while the Magic Roundabout was on the telly.

http://magicroundabout.com/

This was a crude animation featuring: Dougal the dog, Florence the young girl, Dylan the sleepy dropout, a snail, and a guy with a spring instead of legs, called Zeberdee.

My father was enraptured by this programme, and I, a supercilious teenager, thought it terribly childish.

Now the boot is on the other foot (I had to get a heely pun in somewhere).

While watching the early morning news, some of the other channels fill out the time with cheap cartoons. One of these is Pingu the penguin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/characterpages/pingu/

Watching the antics of Pingu certainly is a refreshing anodyne to the present messy political intrigues in the UK and the world.

Xa

PS .... I also do a fair byeline in the shape of the Clangers

http://experts.about.com/e/t/th/The_Clangers.htm

To be honest, my channels of choice are Cartoon Network, Nickelodian or Disney. My girls watch it and I pretty much watch those first even if they aren't there. More entertaining than some of the other crap they put on the airwaves these days.

Having a 3 year old daughter I get to watch a lot of Peppa Pig but also enjoy The Clangers and Bagpuss when I see it on (on one of the Sky childrens channels later in the evening)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

When I'm with the kids, if it's TV, it's usually Lazy Town (my daugther has a mad crush on Sportacus), Jimmy Neutron, or Kim Possible. If it's DVD's, my son loves to watch The Incredibles, Polar Express, Toy Story 2, or Big O. Needless to say, we referee many many arguments over what to watch next. *sigh*....methinks I need to punt them to the park more (JUST KIDDING about the punting!) :D

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

When I'm with the kids, if it's TV, it's usually Lazy Town (my daugther has a mad crush on Sportacus), Jimmy Neutron, or Kim Possible. If it's DVD's, my son loves to watch The Incredibles, Polar Express, Toy Story 2, or Big O. Needless to say, we referee many many arguments over what to watch next.

*sigh*....methinks I need to punt them to the park more (JUST KIDDING about the punting!) :D

fantastic, my little one loves lazytown too

apparently it scares some of my girls friends! dunno why.

Robbie Rotten wears some heels sometimes.

The angels have the phonebox.

Robbie Rotten wears some heels sometimes.

He does?? Methinks I'd best be watching more episodes with the kids. I had not noticed that before. Then again, I think we're too memorized with Sportacus doing all those flips and stunts he does. Man makes me tired just watching him!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 7 months later...