story boards

Crystal's StorySite

storysite.org

Off 10987654321

Stiletto Heels

by Margaret Jeanette

Kayla Jennings was cleaning the spare bedroom. Out of curiosity she opened the closet door and looked at the array of dresses that was hanging there. She looked at the three pairs of flats on the floor of the closet. She took one dress on its hanger out and looked at it. It was a blue one with bright red roses printed on it. It had a ruffle around the bottom of the skirt. She shook her head, as it was not her style at all. She did wonder how her husband of four years looked in it though.

Her husband Patrick had told her on their third date that he liked to sometimes cross-dress. She had told him it wasn't a problem with her as long as she didn't have to see him dressed that way. She had seen him once when she got home from working the second shift at the local hospital where she was a Registered Nurse. He had fallen asleep on the couch and when she woke him he hurried to get the clothes off.

Three days later she was on the third shift and she had gotten up at noon and fixed him a light lunch, He came in from his shop where he was a mosaic artist. His mosaics were prominent at many of the churches in the area. He had made mosaics for churches as far as three hundred miles away. He was well known in his field. Right now he was working on a large one for a new church twenty miles away.

"Well, how is this one coming? I know it is a large one. I am amazed at how you can make a picture with all those small pieces of tile."

"Well, I just about got Jesus done, then I have to do the four children. It's going surprisingly good as far as everything falling into place. This is the second biggest mosaic I've ever done. It is going to be half of a long wall. I have to do it in three pieces to be butted together at the church. How was your night last night? Were you busy?"

"Yes we were. Oh, you know Peter Steffens don't you? Well he cut three fingers cutting something and Dr. Benton had a hard time stitching them so he wouldn't lose them. It took forever and they admitted him because he had lost a lot of blood from the cuts. He'll be okay though. He just won't be using that hand for a while."

They ate lunch making small talk and Patrick went back to work in his shop. Kayla cleaned up and went to read the previous evening's paper. The doorbell rang and when she went to answer it no one was there, but there was a package lying on the porch. She picked it up and through the wrapping she could feel what felt like a shoebox. She looked at the label and it read Fantasy Shoes. It was addressed to Patrick.

She took it in to him. He glanced at it and set it down. She asked him if he was going to open it and he said he knew what was in it and he wasn't going to open it right now.

Sharply she said, "Open it. I want to see what you got!"

He replied, "It isn't anything that would interest you. I'll open it later."

"If you won't open it, I will. Are you going to open it or not?"

"If you are that set on opening it go ahead but I am telling you there isn't anything in there of interest to you."

She opened it and found a pair of red patent leather pumps with a five-inch stiletto heel. She unwrapped each shoe and looked at the shiny red patent leather. A smile crossed her face.

"Have you worn heels before? Why did you buy such high ones?"

"I found them on the Internet and the price was right so I ordered them. No, I haven't worn heels before but I thought I would try them. If they are too uncomfortable I just won't wear them."

"They match the flowers in your blue dress with the ruffle. Why don't you go put it on and try the shoes? I want to see how you do in them."

He was surprised, because she had never taken an interest in his dressing before. He wondered if it was such a good idea to change and then appear before her. She was telling him to go dress, and it just wasn't like her. He knew there were times he would have liked to dress when she was home. Maybe she was getting more tolerant of it. He decided to go change as she'd suggested.

As he was putting his bra on he wondered if this was the right thing to do. Kayla had never wanted to see him dressed like this before. Why did she want to now? He wondered what she had in mind.

He finished dressing and tried the shoes, and found he was having a lot of trouble walking in them. He thought about taking them off and wearing the white flats he normally wore with this dress. But in the end he awkwardly made his way down the hall, using the wall to steady himself. He made it to the half wall, and didn't want Kayla to see he had to steady himself to walk in the heels, so he took very short steps and finally made it into the living room where Kayla was waiting.

She smiled as she saw him mince his way into the room. Here was her husband dressed as a sissy. She felt a sense of revulsion, then decided that he should be taught a lesson.

"Turn around for me so I can get a look at how you look from all angles."

He turned for her but she told him to keep turning, only slower. He was having a lot of trouble in those heels.

"You would look a lot better wearing make up. Go in the bathroom and put some lipstick on. Pick a nice red on to match your shoes!"

He did as he was told. She marveled at how he did it without arguing or protest. She found she felt a certain sense of joy telling him what to do.

He returned, still taking short steps but handling it better. She asked him how he liked walking in heels. He told her it was going to take some practice and that he was going to take them off now.

"No, leave them on. The only way you are going to get used to them is to keep wearing them. As long as you're dressed like a woman you can do some woman's work. Say, all the floors in the house. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. "

He told her his legs were already sore but she told him it would go away if he kept the shoes on. She repeated her order for him to do the floors. So he started in. She sat and watched him do the living room, lifting her legs so he could do the floor by her.

He kept it up until he was doing their bedroom. His legs hurt so much he sat on he edge of the bed. He was sitting there when Kayla, not hearing the carpet cleaner run, came to investigate.

"Sitting deciding what else has to be done, huh? Well, you can change the bed linens and clean this room, you know dust and everything. Oh, yes, you can put the dirty bed linens in the washer, then hang them out to dry so they get that fresh air smell. That should keep you busy until it's time for you to make supper."

"What do you mean make supper? You usually make supper and clean up before you take your nap before work."

"Well, you're dressed for it and I think it will do you some good keeping busy like that."

He didn't answer her. He just got up and continued the cleaning. She was just amazed at how her supposedly strong husband was dong all the things a woman would do. She wondered if he would want to dress up as often as she thought he did if he had to do chores every time he dressed.

While he was hanging out the bed linens his heels kept sinking into the ground. It was bad enough he had to walk carrying his body further back than he usually did to keep his balance, but he also had to walk on tiptoe to make it back into the house. His hips started to hurt from his balance being changed.

He finished cleaning and started supper. When it was ready he called Kayla to eat. She came and he saw a big smile on her face.

"How long do you think I have to keep these heels on? My legs are killing me. Can't I take them off?"

"Why don't leave them on until you get ready for bed. That way they'll be more broke in the next time you wear them."

"I don't know if there will be a next time. They're too uncomfortable to wear for so long."

"They'll go well with that red dress you have. You can wear that tomorrow when you wash the one you have on and do the rest of the laundry. I would suggest you start it right away in the morning. You can wear those clothes all day, as it don't make sense to change in the middle of the day does it?"

"Are you saying I should wear a dress and these heels all day? I don't know if I can stand it all day!"

"I'm sure you'll do all right wearing that all day. Probably by the end of the day you'll be able to handle walking in heels as if it's the most natural thing in the world."

He had his doubts about that, and wondered again why all of a sudden she was pushing him to wear dresses. It was one thing to wear them but completely different being told to wear them. He did the dishes as she went to take her nap before going to work. He was in a state of turmoil over his wife telling him to wear a dress tomorrow all day. He was glad she seemed to be accepting his cross-dressing but wondered at her acting so dominant over him. He decided he had to have a talk with her the first chance they got.

At bedtime he did what was usual when Kayla was on third shift. He woke her up from her nap. Then he started to get undressed as she got dressed for work. He was undressed when she handed him one of her nightgowns telling him to put it on. Stunned by this he put it on. She smiled as he crawled into bed.

He slept wonderful that night. In the morning he felt like sleeping in. He was awakened by Kayla shaking his shoulder and telling him to get up. He got up and took the nightgown off. Kayla told him to wait a minute before getting dressed.

"This is better than those socks you were using to fill your bra cups. They are gel filled and weighted to act and move as if real." Kayla said as she attached the breast forms to his chest.

He was completely stunned that she would do this. He wondered what her motives were. He got dressed and noticed she was in bed and sleeping before he was done. He went and started the laundry, then made himself some breakfast. After breakfast he went to work on the latest mosaic. He took breaks to change loads of laundry and hang the loads out. While in his shop he sat on a stool, putting the small squares of tile in place.

He was totally involved in his work when Kayla called him for lunch. She had come in to see how he was doing, and was impressed by the way the picture was taking shape. She knew she could never do something like that without a pattern. When she said something about that he told her he had the pattern in his head.

They were eating lunch, and he thought about saying something to her about how she had changed in her attitude toward his cross-dressing. He wanted to bring it up in a way not to make her upset. He decided to wait until she was in a better mood, as she had one of those bad day looks on her face. They did very little talking as they ate.

When they were done Kayla told him he probably could get the laundry in and to make sure he ironed all of her uniforms. He went and got it in and while he was ironing her uniforms she sat and watched him. She had a smile on her face, thinking that this was too good to be true. When he had finished ironing all of her uniforms and had them hanging on hangers he put them away.

He went into the living room to see what kind of mood Kayla was in. She still had that angry look on her face, so he quietly got up and went to work on his mosaic. He was making real progress on the four children he was putting in when she called him that supper was ready.

As they ate they engaged in their usual small talk until Patrick asked, "Where are you going with what you want me to be?"

"What are you talking about? I am helping you be the woman you want to be."

"I don't want to be a woman! I just enjoy their clothes sometimes. I don't enjoy all of their clothes all of the time."

"What do you mean? Tell me exactly what you are talking about. I don't read minds!"

"Well, I like that you are enjoying me wearing dresses but I don't want to wear a dress all of the time. These shoes are killers. Why can't I wear the flats I have? You keep telling me to wear these heels, why?"

"Well, you bought them. I figure you bought them you can wear them. You want to dress as a sissy; I am seeing that you dress as a sissy. I like it when you clean the house. I don't care to clean the house. I like when you do the laundry and iron my uniforms. It's like having a personal maid to take care of the things I don't like to do."

"Is that how you see me? As a personal maid?"

"Think about what you've done so far this week. You've cleaned, done the laundry and done some cooking. Isn't that what a maid does?"

"I did those things to help you as your husband, not as a maid! You are looking at things in an entirely different way than I thought. I thought you were finally coming to terms with my dressing. Instead you are going off in a direction I never thought of."

"Look at yourself! Do you look like a husband? Do husbands wear dresses? Do husband wear stiletto heels? Do husbands wear lipstick? When you are wearing a dress I can't think of you as a husband."

"Then help me get these things off and we'll go back to where we were before. I'll only dress when you are gone."

"It's too late for that. You've worn dresses in front of me for days now and I'm used to you in dresses, You are going to stay in dresses until I decide you can go back to wearing men's clothes again. I'm off tonight. Tomorrow we'll go shopping and get you some more dresses and nightgowns and any other things you may need. "

"That isn't necessary. Right now all I really want to do is get back into my men's clothes. Don't you understand that? What can't you see or agree with in that?"

"Well for the first thing you ordered those shoes so you must like them. Second, I like being in charge of what you wear, it gives me a great feeling inside to see you mincing around in your heels. Thirdly, as I said it's a great feeling not to have to clean and all that any more. So you see I'm going to keep you in your dresses for at least a while, and enjoy life with none of the encumbrances I had before."

"I'll still do all that. I can do them in men's clothes as well as dresses. You know I'd do anything for you, so why can't I change into men's clothes?"

"You just said it. You said you'd do anything for me and I am telling you that you are going to wear the dresses. There is no need to continue. All you have to do is what I want!"

He could see he was losing the argument. He didn't know what to say to counter what she'd just said. He resigned himself to doing as she said. He did something he normally didn't do after supper; he went to his shop for peace and quiet and to think.

He was working on his project and thinking about what his wife had said. He liked that she seemed to accept his cross-dressing but was concerned over her attitude toward him. He decided that he was going to take at least some control back. He decided that tomorrow he would stand up to her more.

The next morning they were eating breakfast when Kayla told him to wear his dark green dress with the rose buds on it as it would go good with his red heels for shopping.

"I am not wearing the heels for shopping! If you want me to wear the heels today I'll stay home! I am not doing all that walking in those heels! If you want me to go with you you'll let me wear a pair of my flats. Are you trying to punish me or what?"

"You know, I think you're right. I think I am trying to punish you now that you mention it. I don't want to, so you can wear your flats, but when we get home I want you to put your heels back on. How does that sound?"

"That sounds better to me. But why can't I wear men's clothes to go shopping?"

"I'll tell you what, you go put one of your tailored shirts on and if you can get it on you can wear men's clothes today. That sound fair enough?"

He agreed and headed over to try to get a shirt on. When he had it on he found he couldn't button it over those damn breast forms. Resignedly he put his dress back on. He hadn't thought about the fact that his breast forms would make it impossible to button the shirt.

An hour later he found himself in a dress store at the mall. He was looking at the dresses when he saw a dress he had to have. It was a powder blue silk number with a scalloped edge on the skirt. It had a bow strap sewn onto the collar. He wanted that dress. When he said something to Kayla she told him to get it. He was very happy.

At lunchtime they ate in the food court. When they finished Kayla told him to go redo his lipstick. He was thankful the rest room was empty when he got in there. Two minutes later a woman came in and headed for a stall. He quickly finished and left before she came out.

They were walking down the concourse when Kayla led him into a lingerie store. She asked the salesgirl about padded girdles. The girl showed her three different styles of padded girdles, then said a corset would look more natural as the padding sometimes shows through some styles of clothes. Kayla looked at four different styles of corsets.

Kayla was especially interested in a corset that had a strap that came up over the shoulder with a stay in it to make your shoulders stay back. This made your breasts stick out more. She decided to get that one, and had the girl help Patrick get it on. When he had it on and had his dress back on she could see a great improvement in how he looked.

He was taking very shallow breaths, as he couldn't get a deep breath. He found the corset very uncomfortable. He was going to say something to Kayla but with the look on her face he knew better.

She led him to another lingerie store where he got to pick out three nightgowns to wear and two baby doll outfits. One of them was bright red with black lace trim. He really liked that one, as it seemed sexy just looking at it. Also there he purchased four pair of thigh high nylons, two of which were black and seamed.

Kayla was truly surprised at how much shopping he was doing. They rested on a bench in the walkway and she mentioned how surprised she was at how he was really into shopping.

"Well, I have had to buy everything off the Internet before. This is the first time I've ever been shopping in a real store. I'm really enjoying myself and I don't know why. I was so afraid that someone would see that I am a man in a dress, but so far no one has said anything."

"They will if they hear me call you Patrick. Have you picked out a feminine name yet? What would you like to be called?"

"I haven't really given it a thought. I don't know of any name I would like to be called. What do you suggest?"

"Who was the first girl you had a crush on? Maybe that's a name we could use."

"I remember her well. It was in third grade. A new girl moved in just before Christmas. She was the prettiest girl I had seen up until that time. She always wore the prettiest dresses and had the prettiest hair. Her name was Marybeth."

"That is a pretty name. From now on your name is Marybeth. Now, Marybeth, where should we head next?"

"I don't know. I've already gotten more than I thought I would get today. Why don't you get something for yourself? Then maybe we can head home."

" That sounds good to me. I don't really need anything but I'll keep my eyes open. If a store interests me we'll go in."

They walked down through crowds of people. No one seemed to take a second look at him. Kayla suddenly turned into a Fragrance Unlimited store. She soon picked out an anti-perspirant spray can. She then was looking at the perfumes and sprayed some on his wrist then smelled it. She told him it was perfect for him. It was lily-of-the-valley scented perfume.

They were heading home when Kayla said, "You know you amaze me. I have never seen you shop like that before. You shopped just like a woman looking things over, then deciding if you were going to get it or not. I never thought you were like that."

"I don't know what got into me. After I got that first dress I just kind of went wild with the shopping. I never shopped like that before. I just don't know but I enjoyed it, I'll tell you that. "

"Good, we can do this more often. I must say it was enjoyable for me also. Now, Marybeth, when we get home I want you to go change into your heels. Then you can get everything from the car and put it away. On second thought, I think you should model everything you bought so I can see how you look it all of it. How does that sound?"

"I guess it sounds all right with me. You never modeled anything for me when you got it though. How come?"

"Well, I never thought about it. I didn't think you'd be that interested in anything I got for myself, but I guess you're right. In the future I'll model things for you."

They arrived home and he did as requested. When he started modeling, he did the sleepwear first except for the red baby doll. He saved that for last. When he came out wearing the red baby doll outfit Kayla told him it looked very sexy on him. He was all smiles when he heard that.

She seemed to be in a very good mood so he asked, "Do you think you could help me get out of this corset? It is killing me. Please, can I get it off?"

"No, leave it on! You can wear it for two or three days, then you should retain some of your feminine form. Then maybe I'll let you leave it off for a day or two, then you can wear it again. It makes your shape look so much more feminine. It gives you the curves a woman has."

He was disappointed, but she was amazed at how his breasts stuck out in it. She got an idea and told him she was going shopping again, and asked him if he wanted to go along. He declined her invitation, saying he was going to work on his mosaic.

She left and he went to go to work. For some reason his breasts were getting in the way and he couldn't reach forward as far as he could before. He knew it was because of the corset's restrictions. He worked on a part he could reach and made some serious progress. The profit from this mosaic would be enough to pay off the mortgage on their house. He was really looking forward to that.

She returned and went in to him. He complained to her about how the corset was restricting his movement and how his breasts were now getting in the way. She dismissed that complaint, telling him he just had to get used to wearing the corset. Then she told him to take his dress off.

He got the dress off and she handed him a black skirt. It was a sheath and very tight on him. Kayla noticed right away how his rear stood out in it. She handed him a soft pink sweater to put on. When he had it on she knew he would look just like a sweater girl. His breasts pushed the sweater out just like in the photograph that was on the nametag.

"You just have to look at yourself to see how nice that looks on you. You look just like a model in that outfit."

He blushed when she said that. He went to see how it looked in their bedroom, looking at himself in the mirror there. He'd never looked this good. This was the first time he wasn't wearing a dress. He'd never bought any skirts or blouses and certainly not sweaters before. He really felt something different when he saw how he looked.

He returned and gave Kayla a kiss and told her how well he liked the outfit. She showed him two more skirts and matching sweaters that she had gotten for him. She could see the excitement in his eyes. She smiled at how his breasts jiggled in the sweater.

He went and put the new clothes away. She sat and thought about how things were. She knew he loved her very much and he was now wearing the dresses because she told him to. She wondered why she had never explored that side of him before. She wanted him to experience some of the discomfort of wearing women's clothes but she also at the same time wanted a husband who was all-man. She decided she couldn't have both.

That night at supper Kayla surprised him, saying, "I know you don't want to wear dresses all the time but I am enjoying having a new girlfriend. The shopping trip was so enjoyable and when I bought those sweater-skirt combinations for you I felt a warmness I don't think I have ever felt before. I have another surprise for you after you get the dishes done."

"I know you're really getting into me wearing dresses, but when do you think I can get into men's clothes again? I like the feel of wearing a dress but at the same time I feel I should be wearing men's clothes. Do you know what I am saying?"

"Yes, I think I do. You are telling me you like the feel of wearing a dress but at the same time you want to be a man."

"Yes, I guess that's about it. There's a world of difference in the two I know, but when I'm wearing a dress I want to wear jeans and when I'm wearing jeans sometimes I wish I were wearing a dress. It's hard to describe exactly. There are a lot of mixed-up emotions that go on."

"Well, I am going to make you as feminine as possible. You know from our shopping trip that you can pass as a woman so I figure on taking you a little further down the feminine path."

"I am already further down that path than I ever thought I would be. I will not lie to you and say I hate it but I've had doubts that this is the best thing for me. I'm glad you are accepting my dressing but at the same time I'm afraid of what you are doing to me."

"I have thought about it a lot also, and I'm not thinking of doing anything permanent to you like breast implants, or anything like that. I do however have a couple of changes I want you to experience."

He was glad she wasn't thinking of doing anything permanent but wondered what else she had in mind. He sat quietly thinking about what she'd said. He was happy with most of the things she had done to him, but still feared that she was going way too far for him.

After he'd finished the dishes she had him sit on a dining room chair. Then she pierced each of his ears in two places, putting studs in the holes. When he looked in the mirror he was amazed at how they made such a difference in his appearance. It hadn't hurt as he'd thought it would to get his ears pierced.

That night when he was getting ready for bed he put on his turquoise baby doll outfit. It had darker turquoise lace trimmed bows decorating it. Kayla looked at him and told him he really looked feminine in it. He felt very happy that she liked how he looked.

They were in bed and he was lying on his back. Kayla put her arm under his head and kissed him deeply. She then started to rub the panties of his outfit. He immediately responded. They spent quite some time in foreplay. Finally she pulled his panties down and mounted him. They had never made love this way before.

They came at almost the same time in exciting orgasms. She rode him until he was done cumming. She rolled off of him pulling his panties back up. They laid in quiet bliss for some time.

Finally she said, "That was nothing like I expected. I expected it to seem like I was making love to my sister but it was grand. Did you enjoy it?"

"Oh, yes, I certainly did. We have never made love like that before but it was great. I don't know why but I felt different all through it. It was like I was somewhere else. Somewhere in a fantasy world."

"I know what you mean. I really liked being in control of the speed and controlling your actions. I never thought lovemaking could be like this. I love you very, very much."

"I love you also very, very, very much!"

They fell asleep feeling in harmony with the gods. The next morning when they awoke Kayla was still in ecstasy over the last night's activities. She wanted to show him how much she loved him but didn't want to lose the control she had over him.

He was getting dressed when she said, "You can wear your low-heeled shoes today. That is thanks for last night. I just can't find the right words to tell you how much I enjoyed it."

He was extremely happy as he put his black flats on. He was wearing the pink sweater with the black skirt. He added a pink bow to his hair and put on Kayla's pink necklace and bracelet. He looked at himself in the mirror and decided to check if she had some pink lipstick in the drawer where she kept her lipsticks. He found a frosted pink lipstick, which he applied.

When he appeared for breakfast Kayla was impressed with how nice he looked. He blushed as she complimented him on his looks. He told her today was a big day as he thought he could get the mosaic done today. She always knew when he was near the end of a project as he seemed much more happy with the world. It was as if his creative talents were rejoicing that something was getting finished.

At noon as they were eating he told her it was done and he was very happy with the finished product. He told her it had gone faster than he expected. She knew he now had to call the construction company to send their truck to pick up the mosaic and take it to the church for installation. She knew he had to be there for the installation.

After lunch he called the construction company and they said the truck would be there tomorrow morning at nine. He told them that would be perfect. He knew Mark Sommers who was in charge of the construction. He had worked with him on two other projects but none as big as this.

He went in by Kayla and told her they had to talk. She agreed to listen to what he had to say.

"They are coming tomorrow at nine to get the mosaic and by ten it will be at the church. I have to be there for the installation to make sure it's installed right. I know Mark who is in charge of the project there, and he is a good man. What I want to ask is can I dress as a man tomorrow? It is very important to me and I don't think it is a good idea to go wearing a dress."

"I know you would like to go as a man but think how nice if you really dressed up in on of your best dresses. Those construction guys would be falling at your feet."

"Please don't say that! I am begging you to let me go as a man. I will do anything if you do."

"Do you really mean that that you will do anything?"

"Yes, all I am asking is for you to let me go as a man!"

"I was just teasing about wearing a good dress but if I let you go as a man I want you to agree that for at least three days a week you will be Marybeth. I get to choose the three days. When you are Marybeth you will do the cleaning and laundry and that kind of stuff."

"Yes, I can agree to that. Thank you for being so understanding."

"One other thing. I want you to remember what you are agreeing to. I want you to leave the earrings in even if you are dressed as a man!"

"I guess I can agree to that. They aren't real noticeable."

That night before he went to bed and she went to work she helped him out of the corset and helped him get the breast forms off. He looked forward to tomorrow and wearing men's clothes.

The next morning when she woke him he eagerly put on his men's clothes. They felt so much heavier, so different from the dresses he had been wearing. His shoes felt four times heavier than the heels and flats he had been wearing.

At nine the truck was there and by ten it was loaded and on its way. He followed in his car. By eleven the first piece was being lifted from the truck. Mark was happy to see him and they had a short talk before it was time to get busy. Mark told him he could see some changes in him but didn't elaborate.

He was pointing out the mounting places and when they had the first piece mounted in place he sealed it with the right colored tiles. He was finishing as they mounted second piece. It was lunchtime and Mark took him to a diner known for its plate lunches. After a good meal he got back to work sealing the second piece.

When he was done with the third piece Mark told him it was a thing of beauty. It looked impressive all set up. Patrick was proud of his work. It looked better here than it had at home. The minister came by and told Patrick he had to be there for the dedication, and Patrick agreed to be there. He looked over the rest of what had been done on the church and saw it was a thing of beauty.

He got home right at suppertime and was all enthused about how good it looked all set up. Kayla was caught up in his ecstasy. After the supper dishes were done, he and Kayla kissed for a while. She was amazed at how animated he was over his work. He told her she had to see it in place to appreciate it.

Kayla went to take her nap before work and he caught up on the newspapers. When he finished he looked around and saw the room could use a cleaning. He decided that tomorrow was a good time to do it as Kayla slept. When it was time to wake Kayla and get ready for bed he put on one of his nightgowns.

He woke up before Kayla got home. Feeling wide-awake, he got up and put on a dress with all trimmings. He had his eye-opener coffee and then started to get to work cleaning in the living room. Kayla was very surprised to see him cleaning when she got home.

He joined her as she had a glass of orange juice before going to bed. She told him she was proud of how he was taking on some things on his own, like doing some cleaning. She told him she had made a two o'clock appointment for him. When she went to bed he wondered where she could have made an appointment for him. When he had asked about it she told him he would see when they got there.

At lunch Kayla had a smug look on her face. She wouldn't say where the appointment was. He asked if he should get his men's clothes on and she told him no. He wondered what the big secret was. When it was time to go she hurried him into the car and took off.

She parked behind a small strip mall and led him through an unmarked door. He found himself in a beauty parlor. She introduced him to Mavis who owned and operated the beauty parlor. Mavis invited him to sit in her chair. She removed his wig and looked at his hair.

"Your hair is long enough for a pixie cut or a unisex hairdo. Which would you like?"

"I guess the unisex sounds the best." was his answer.

"OK, I have to do just a little bit of trimming. Then I am going to give you some wave to your hair. It will be easy to keep up and not require a lot of care."

She trimmed very little and then put some rollers in his hair. When she was done she put a plastic cap on his head then had him put his fingertips in a bowl of some solution. She told him the bowl had a mild detergent and some lemon juice in it. She dropped a tablet in the bowl and it started to fizz pretty good. She told him it was a special cleaner for his nails.

She laid a lapboard on his lap and had him spread his fingers on it. He was fascinated as she attached some false fingernails to his fingers. She proceeded to paint his nails a bright red. He watched as she put three coats of clear polish on them. They shone like they had their own light when she was done.

Then she turned him away from the mirror and started to pluck his eyebrows. Then she put some foundation on his face and started t work it in. He enjoyed her massaging his face. Then she worked on his eyes. He didn't say anything as she applied some blush to his face. Then she used a lip liner pencil to outline his lips then filled the outline in with bright red lipstick.

Then the plastic cap came off and she removed the rollers and started brushing his hair. It felt so relaxing he almost fell asleep. When he looked at the clock he saw it was almost four and couldn't believe he had been there almost two hours. When she finished with the brushing she asked him if he was ready to see the finished product.

When she turned him toward the mirror he couldn't believe it was him looking back at him. The face was beautiful, and when he realized it was actually him he wished he had gotten the pixie cut. When he said that to Mavis she told him his hair would be perfect for a pixie in about a month.

He was looking at himself in the mirror when he saw the front door open and Kayla walk in. He was amused by the look on her face as she saw it was him. Mavis saw her, and turned and told her he was just admiring his new look. She said he was ready, if he could tear himself away from the mirror.

When he got out of the chair he walked up to Kayla and gave her a kiss while bending her backward, which was something he had not done since their wedding dance on their wedding day. Kayla knew she had done the right thing in setting up the appointment.

Once the were in the car Kayla said, "Marybeth, I am going to take you out for supper. We have to show off how beautiful you are. We are going to the best steak house in town."

She parked in front of the steak house and when they were seated she said, "I am so glad you liked the surprise. I was worried that you might take it the wrong way. I know I have been bitchy at times and I don't mean to be. I can see you like to please me in any way you can and I want you to know I appreciate it."

"Thank you for those kind words. I just wish you would let me know what is going on sometimes. I am very concerned why you all of a sudden changed your mind about my cross-dressing. From the beginning you didn't want to see me in a dress and now you don't want to see me out of a dress. It's hard for me to understand."

"I can't say there was any one thing that triggered my wanting to see you in a dress but when I saw those heels I wanted to see how you would be able to walk in them. Once I saw you in a dress, it seemed that it wasn't so bad. Then when you did as I asked by cleaning and doing the laundry I thought it was great not to have to do those things I don't like to do in the first place. Then I thought how you were dressing just for me and not because you wanted to and I realized you love me more than I ever knew or thought possible. That is when I really wanted to help you be as feminine as possible. It's because I want to return the same kind of love to you that you are giving me."

"Well, today I put on the dress because I thought you wanted Marybeth to clean. Last night I noticed that the living room needed cleaning. So today I cleaned it, and the kitchen."

"Six months ago you wouldn't have noticed that, so you have changed and changed for the better as far as I am concerned. What I want to tell you is that I will leave it up to you when you want to be Marybeth and when you want to be Patrick. I love both of you in different ways. It is hard for me to explain but I love Patrick as my husband and provider and I love Marybeth as a girlfriend and confidant."

"I think I understand what you are saying. I know you love me and I love you. I want you to know I appreciate everything you have done, maybe with the exception of the corset."

They both laughed at that and Marybeth continued, "Right now I don't know what path I will take tomorrow but I am not afraid because I know you will be there to stand alongside me whatever path I choose. I love you for that, and many other reasons."

When they walked out of the supper club he felt a feeling of happiness that he had never felt before. He felt that he could take whatever the future brought.

On the way home they stopped and picked up his suit at the cleaners. At home Kayla told him tomorrow they would go shopping. He agreed to go with her as she said she had to find a dress for the dedication ceremony.

The next morning they were on their way shopping. Kayla said, "Maybe we'll be lucky and both find dresses today. I know just the store that has the most scrumptious dresses. You'll go bananas in there, I know!"

They were in the store and looking at fancy dresses. Kayla found a rose colored dress that she liked. She continued looking at he dresses. Then she saw a black silk dress trimmed with ruffles and it had sheer black full-length sleeves. She knew Marybeth would look good in it. When she showed it to him his eyes told her he liked it. She put it in their cart.

"That is a perfect special occasion dress for you. I know you will be a knockout in that dress. We'll have to get you some black heels to go with it. I know just where we can get them. This is so much fun having someone to shop with. Thank you for being there for me."

If it weren't so public he would have kissed her. His emotions were running wild. He couldn't wait to wear the black dress. He thought how he never would be this far if it wasn't for Kayla accepting him as he was and helping him along the path.

At the shoe store Kayla found a rose colored pair of heels with a two-inch heel. They also found a pair of black pumps with a scalloped edge and a black bows on the toes. They had a three-inch heel but he walked in them fine. Next door to the shoe store was a jewelry store where Kayla purchased a pair of gold dangly earrings. They had a small gold cross hanging from a little gold chain. She found a matching necklace and bracelet also.

At home they put everything away and enjoyed a quiet afternoon doing small chores together. At supper Kayla told him that she was really proud of how he was doing. She said he only had a little ways to go to fully experience what womanhood was all about. She laughed as she said shopping was one of the basics of womanhood and he passed that with flying colors.

The next day was the dedication ceremony and he wondered how the people of the congregation would receive his mosaic. This was something that always bothered him even though he knew all of his works were well received.

The next morning they were up early for breakfast, as they had to drive to the church for the ceremony. Kayla was dressed before breakfast. Marybeth ate breakfast in a nightgown.

He was totally shocked when Kayla said, "Well, Marybeth, today's the big day. You'll get to see how Patrick's masterpiece is accepted. I'll help you do your face so you will look just right."

"What do you mean help me do my face? You aren't thinking of me going as Marybeth are you?"

"Oh yes I am! You agreed to be Marybeth whenever I decided and I decided today you will be Marybeth. You have everything you need. We got that dress for a special occasion and this is definitely a special occasion. I know you will look perfect in everything."

He was in a state of shock. He never figured on going as Marybeth. He tried to think of a way out of it but his mind wasn't working, as he would have liked. Kayla led him into the bedroom and sat him at her vanity. When she was done his face was a picture of beauty. She did his nails to match his lipstick.

When the nail polish was dry she helped him dress. When she had finally slipped the heels on his feet she told him to look at himself in the mirror. When he did he saw a pretty nice looking woman there. He still didn't know about this and wanted to tell her this wouldn't work. He couldn't find the right words to do it. He wondered why when he was dressed he had so much trouble not doing as Kayla said.

The she surprised him by taking the lower studs out and putting the gold earrings with the little cross dangling in each of his ears. Then she put the necklace and bracelet on him. Lastly she handed him a woman's gold watch to exchange for his man's watch.

She looked at him and saw a woman there. She was very happy with how nice he looked. She gave him a black shawl to cover his shoulders and escorted him to the car.

All the way there he had butterflies in his stomach. He was afraid someone was going to recognize him and make a scene. He wondered how he was going to get out of this. As they pulled into the church parking lot he was amazed at all of the cars there already.

Once inside they were standing by the mosaic and he was hearing all sorts of praise for his work. They took seats in the third row for the ceremony. He saw the minister approach the microphone. He saw Mark sitting on the little stage. He had never seen Mark in a suit and he smiled as he thought Mark looked uncomfortable in his suit.

The minister pointed out highlights of the building and when he got to talking about the mosaic he said, "I know you can't miss the mosaic in the entry way. I think the Times-Gazette in their article summed it up perfectly when they wrote Patrick Jennings is a genius in his mosaic work. I am glad we have that work of art. It is definitely a masterpiece."

Marybeth blushed when he heard this said about his work. He felt a sense of pride greater than when he had finished the project. He felt more relaxed now and started to enjoy himself.

They were seated at a table enjoying the light lunch that was being served. The woman sitting next to Marybeth was praising the mosaic saying that it was so great she thought it said everything this church was all about. Her words lifted his spirits to a new high.

They were on their way out when Mark came up to them. Mark said, "You're Patrick, aren't you? I recognize the top earrings. It took me until now to place where I had seen you before. I saw you from the stage and knew I had seen you before but I couldn't remember where."

He decided it would be best to tell the truth and admitted he was Patrick. He was surprised when Mark said, "You make a lot better looking woman than you do a man. If I didn't know you were a man and I wasn't happily married I would be after you in an instant."

"Thank you. It is a long story how I got this far. I have my wife to thank for this. She has been so understanding I don't know what I would do without her."

"Let me tell you this. You obviously love your wife very much. Don't lose her. I am talking from experience as my first wife and I got divorced and now I have a wife who understands me and I know that is the greatest thing in the world. Good luck and I hope we get to work together soon."

They parted and Kayla and him headed for their car. On the way home all he could think of was what Mark had said to him. He thought about how everything Kayla had him do seemed to work out so well. It was as if it was magic taking him to new levels he never thought of. He knew he would never lose her if he had anything to say about it.

© 2004 by Margaret Jeanette

© 2004 by Margaret Jeanette. All Rights Reserved. These documents (including, without limitation, all articles, text, images, logos, and compilation design) may be printed for personal use only. No portion of these documents may be stored electronically, distributed electronically, or otherwise made available without the express written consent of StorySite and the copyright holder.

totter along into history