High Heeled Training Diary #17

Laurieheels

Time seems to blur. Suddenly, it's June. What happened to lazy spring days? Lost in youth, I suppose. Now, all grown up, Laurie goes to work every day and time has become an enemy, not a friend. Yet the days in heels go onward, seemingly blurred as well. I don't really remember much about my first five inch stiletto day at work. but it happened. And now I have quite a bit of skill in these shoes. Monday was just another day, it seemed. It took me a while at work to adjust to the five and a quarter stilettos again. My trip to the Lilac Festival was only four and a quarter, and sometimes feet forget. But within half an hour I was my usual self. And it isn't about pain, no. There isn't much of that anymore unless I spend twelve hours on my feet, or something to that effect. My feet are used to the height, the change in pressure... they don't like the water retention and never will, but that's just an issue of too much caffine vs. not enough water. Tuesday was very much the same, stiletto heeled pumps, work as usual. Of course I am wearing my Reeboks to and from work, but then, I speed walk at least part of the way. It's how I get away with eating chocolate and still fit some of my nicer clothes. Wednesday I opted for my four and a quarter inch sandals. They looked great with my black dress. That was an easy day, and I did walk home in the sandals. Hey, after last Sunday and the lilac festival (see diary 16) it's easy. Thursday was a doctor day, so I kept with the sandals. They look great with a short skirt. Nothing special about this day, other than the fact that I am okay from that hospital trip in April, and my mother thinks I dress up too much. She likes me when I look casual. She thinks I am more approchable. When I am in heels and skirts she thinks that I may look too nice, and then when it is time to dress nice, I will look like I forgot to dress up. I see her point, and she is happy when I show up in runners and leggings. Of course, on Thursday she did tell me she went camping once, and was wearing high heels. She is a tricky role model to have, I must admit. My mother has talked to me about how she used to feel like a cow if she had to wear flat shoes. It was as if she wasn't graceful anymore. Yet she is trying to urge me to remember that sometimes heels need to be left at home. I am sure you readers will not agree, but then, fetish is going up against a mother's advice. That's not an easy fight to win. Friday, back to work, and everyone can be disappointed in me now. We were so busy I didn;t have time to change into heels during the day. I was at work half an hour early and it was non stop busy. My lunch was much later in the day and at that point I just kept working in my runners. Yes, sad, I know. But Friday night, my sister and I went out for drinks, and we brought our mother. I was back in my stiletto sandals yet again. It is amazing, if I need to cross the street and it is busy, people stop for me. It is amazing what a short dress and stilettos can do for a girl at a busy corner. Thankfully I don't have to stand too long on any corner, or things could be taken the wrong way. Saturday was a work day, and "SO" boring. I did wear my five and a quarter stilettos, even though my feet were a bit swollen. It turned out fine. I didn't run any marathons. It was a bit of a slow go for walking but no pain. Today was a busy Sunday, and raining, and it was a runners kind of day. It was out the door quite early, so I slept most of the afternoon. But my car has two new tires that I needed, the apartment has food, and I am ready for another week in heels. I will use my gift certificate to order one pair of shoes from Heelsonline this week. I am leaning towards the five and a half inch stilettos called Extreme, but I was hoping for black other than patent. Maybe next week we'll find out what I ordered? Quiver in anticipation... you'll know soon.

Blended in with the rest of the people on Friday huh? :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Blend in? I could never blend in. Look, I was busy and didn't have time to switch, and I already knew I could go any length in flat shoes. But think about it this way. Since I normally wear heels, I am just being different and not conforming to my own ideal by wearing Reeboks. It's all a big mind game, really. :smile: But the main reason was just me being busy. I still wore heels that night. And Anagram, even a high heeled goddess needs a day off now and then... :smile:

Laurie, I think you took our "sneaker" conversation a bit to seriously! LOL. Anyone know where to find some of the high wedge sneakers they sold in the 90's? So Laurie can still be above the crowd on Fridays? Haha. Honestly. At least you are a realist and can admit you wore what you wanted to and anyone who does not expect you to wear flats or sneakers from time to time as deemed necessary or beneficial is kidding themselves! Dean PS.. Laurie, I used the spellchecker just for you ...wink... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D-USA on 2002-06-04 16:24 ]</font>

On 2002-06-04 07:12, Laurieheels wrote:

Blend in? I could never blend in.

Look, I was busy and didn't have time to switch, and I already knew I could go any length in flat shoes.

But think about it this way. Since I normally wear heels, I am just being different and not conforming to my own ideal by wearing Reeboks. It's all a big mind game, really. :smile:

But the main reason was just me being busy. I still wore heels that night.

And Anagram, even a high heeled goddess needs a day off now and then... :smile:

Apparently you did not see my response to your comment in Hoverfly's boot collection, or did you? :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I don't own any boots, Terayon. I'm a bit particular about the style I prefer for boots. That is, lace up. It is why I loved my ankle boots so much. The laces are just classy. I am hoping to find a nice pair of lace up knee high boots with a good heel. One day. But that requires money and I need them to be real leather. I can be a bit tough on boots. And for everyone who thinks I took it too seriously, hey, I needed to post and get my totals up. I am close to a promotion!