Changing a tire in heels

sscotty727

Well, not exactly pumps, but I wore my wedge heels like I do everyday to work. My tire was a little underinflated before I went to work yesterday so I just filled it with air and drove it in (I know, not a great idea, but I was running late). Anyway, when I got to work I saw it was losing air again so I figured it would be flat by the time I got off work. Sure enough, when I got out lastnight it was completely flat. SO, being a resourceful type person, I pulled my full-size spare (thank God I don't have one of those donuts) and changed it. Fortunately, it was in the company garage and most everyone was gone. A co-worker came out to see if I needed any help just as I was finishing, however, since I was kneeling down, etc, I know my shoe was even more exposed than during the work day. If he never saw them before, I know he did then. He didn't say anything though and hasn't treated me any different today either. Matter of fact, he hasn't even asked me about them, etc. Has anyone else ever had similiar experiences?

Never changed a tire in heels, though I've gassed the car... in broad daylight... at a fairly busy intersection (and right off the interstate) wearing shorts and these sandals:

Posted Image

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I wimped out yesterday morning and changed a tire on my truck wearing sneakers instead of 5" thigh boots. I had to figure out how to lift the truck in the middle of the Florida Everglades without a jack. Good thing I had picked up a hydraulic ram to use at the jobsite that morning. seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Changing a tire in heels is one thing that I haven't done yet. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time that I had a flat. Both my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon and my 2003 Mercury Marauder both have the original unused spares in them. It seems that I wear my tires all evenly and buy 4 new ones without having to use the spares. Just lucky, I guess. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Changing a tire in heels is one thing that I haven't done yet. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time that I had a flat. Both my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon and my 2003 Mercury Marauder both have the original unused spares in them. It seems that I wear my tires all evenly and buy 4 new ones without having to use the spares. Just lucky, I guess.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Dawn,

That is great you haven't had to change a flat (lot of construction going on here in the DC area), but from what I have heard, tires are only good for a certain number of years as well as distance. What I like to do is have them use my spare (it's a full size spare) and then put one of the new ones as the spare. That way I know all of my tires are being used in rotation sometime.

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) The spare in the wagon is one of those space-saving donut sized emergency spares to be used only to get you home or to a service station to get a flat fixed. The spare in the Marauder is a full sized spare but a different size tire than on the road wheels. Again to be used in a emergency and not to be run in daily use. Just going by the glove box manuals suggestions from the manufacturers. Haven't had any flats---so the spares are brand new. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Mines' a full size spare, but was holding about 5 psi.. so it made me nervous to drive more then 35mph on it. not fun on a road where people usually go 80 and often fall asleep on.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I almost bought those sandals too of course there were only 1 pair in size 11 and a lady beat me to them.

rx

Was it a last-second swoop? I hate those, I lost out on quite a few pairs of shoes from that.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde