wearing your sexiest heels to work.......

Samantha

i wore my strappy four inch heels with a high ankle bar to work last friday as i was feeling 'experimental'. how was it?......interesting, lots of attention needless to say. anyone else done anything similar?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I start a new temp job, I am always conscious of my heels. "Am I over doing it ?" "Why is everyone wearing flat shoes while I am in heels ?" ... Aargh ! I can understand. Anyway, I wear heels to work during the vacation and I moderate the use of it with alternate days in comfortable flat shoes. :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

I wore my 5 inch heels today, for the 1st day on the job. Yes, I felt like everyone was watching, but I loved every minute of it! I also loved how the pumps not only expressed my self confidence, but also built on it!!

• 1 month later...

I've always felt that if a woman had the CHOICE to not wear nylons with sandals, and wore them anyway, that she probably was supremely confident in herself--e.g. in her own ability to walk in them believing she could go the whole day without a run. ?? :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I've had discussions with my gf on the subject of wearing hose or not with heels and how it seems that in pop culture, the trend these days is for bare legs. I see women on tv in the dead of New York winter with bare legs! She wears hose to work everyday (even without a dress code in a casual office). First of all, it's just something she's always done so to go without would probably make her feel a bit self-conscious or conspicuous. She also thinks it's not as professional looking, but that depends on where you work, I suppose. The main reason she wears hose with her heels is because she feels that without, your shoes tend to get ruined quickly. I can't remember her logic behind this, but I was curious if anyone else has observed this. So ladies (and any gents here), what's your feeling on wearing hosiery with your high heels? Always? Never? Depending on weather? I think I'm talking more about pumps and closed toe shoes here, but I guess any style could apply.

I agree, I prefer the uninterupted look of sandalfoot myself. I'm surprised they're less common than the reinf. kind

They're not, but you ought to try wearing the nude toe hosiery all day in high heels and see how many $4 apiece pairs last the entire day without a run starting at or near the big toe!

If you want to see more women/SO's wearing nude toe hose, you might try offering to BUY replacements for them/her at the end of each day!!! :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

How about the style you can get here in England which have an open foot but with a little loop that fits between the big toe and the next one. Allows you to wear tights with sandals and show off those toes. :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

If you want to see more women/SO's wearing nude toe hose, you might try offering to BUY replacements for them/her at the end of each day!!! :grin:

I'd be quite happy to make this offer actually.... :grin:

oh, and Calv, those toeless hose - no thanks. But, like azraelle pointed out, I don't wear stockings/hosiery so who am I to say? I be quiet now... :smile:

• 1 year later...

I wear L'eggs sheer energy active support panty-hose with full support, sheer toe and in nude color 24/7. Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. With my daily activities and schedule, I probably put more strain on my panty-hose than a woman would. This brand of panty-hose contains 83% nylon and 17% spandex in the panty, and 70% nylon and 30% spandex in the legs. They make my legs and hips feel great all day long as they support and massage my arthritic joints. For work and daily use I use the nude color, and for evening and crossdressing use I use the suntan color. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, it goes without saying that I always wear extremely high stiletto heels to business each day - that was how I was trained and has always been my ethos throughout the last forty years. Anyone interested in reading about this in much greater detail - see my "Lucy's Story" (my life in high heels) below here on MegaForums under "Stories With a Heely Theme". Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Cinthy:-) I got a ruler out so I could see just how high 6½" heels would be and then I tried to picture someone wearing them all day at work. Girl---you just BLEW my mind, to think of anyone standing on their toes and taking such small steps all day long. How would you ever get anything done? You say you do this---I say---MORE POWER TO YOU!!! "I am girl---watch me roar"! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

When I received my first pair of 51/2" heels they seemed a lot higher than 5", the highest that I had worn until then, and I truly thought I would hardly ever wear them. However, they were so beautiful and desirable that I couldn't bring myself to send them back, and I began wearing them when I knew I wouldn't have to walk too far. After a short time I tried wearing them for work and received amazed compliments from any of the teenage girls, and their mums, who knew me well enough to comment. Of course even then I wasn't totally unaware of the association of very high shoes with 'tartiness' and I tended not to wear them with anything too short - echoes there too of growing up in the 'sixties mini-skirt era, when it was considered quite wrong to wear heels with short clothes, a convention which I have always avoided (hence my 'signature' which I add when I remember to tick the box!). I was so besotted with those shoes, and had managed to get some more after a little while, that the 'low' (41/2" or 5"!) spare shoes that I had with me remained in the car when I went to the supermarket. That's a real test, walking in 51/2" needle heels on a hard, smooth surface and trying to control a heavy trolley through crowded aisles, quite apart from giving people the opportunity to point at my shoes and comment to their companions. Of course I kept buying more whenever I could afford to and they soon, in months rather than years, became my daily wear. I can stand, walk, even run, in them all day long if I need to. More recently I've managed to get a few 6", and though they aren't as stylishly designed, my compulsion to go ever higher means that they also very often find their way to work or the shops. If you've read my postings elsewhere you will know that I've graduated to 61/2" now, and I've worn them for work too, although standing for long periods can be very tiring. At this time of year I am more likely to be wearing open shoes and sandals, and the 61/2" are closed courts so it will probably be autumn before I really get used to them to wear them daily. I did wear them for part of yesterday, as the weather is cooler. I had to visit a remote farm, not somewhere for heels of any height, with stone steps down to the door and uneven stone floors, but I can say truthfully that I managed without difficulty, so I'm looking for some summer shoes the same height! Next autumn or winter it will definitely be 7"! Because of the exercise I take, and the kind of work I do, I have flexible ankles, and Dr. Shoe told me, when I wondered why I don't need a larger size for high shoes, that I must have supple feet, so I count myself very fortunate. After reading this little bit of biography I wondered if it might not have been more suitable for the 'stories' section. Anne Louise

Anne_Louise, you say "...Next autumn or winter it will definitely be 7"...". May sound stupid, but do you really mean 7" and not just 7"-type-heels that come in 6" for size 6 (I'm not sure right now what size you are) and only for size 12+ in real 7"? If it's the real 7" you go for then: WOW, I'm impressed!!! CU! -Mike

As some one who likes the look of a lady in high heels I think it is great Anne Louise that you are so keen on going higher and higher in your heels. As Cinthy said they may not be as comfortable as a pair of flat Nikes but if style, class and image matter to the wearer then.... Best wishes Jeff

Mickey, I take a U.K. size 8, and I think it is quite possible in that size to get a 'true' 7" heel. The shoes I have which are advertised as 51/2" are in fact a little over when new, and nearly that height when the tips have worn to the point where they need replacing. Also the replacement tips are sometimes thicker than the originals, taking the heel to nearly 53/4" when just repaired, although wearing such thin heels on a daily basis means that they do wear down very quickly. My highest shoes were advertised I seem to remember as 6" but in my size are 61/2". I've had metal tips put on so they should stay at that height for a little while as I'm obviously not yet likely to wear them as often as my 51/2" or 6". I've had no significant difficulty adapting to them though as I've said, standing for long periods can be tiring. Walking down slopes needs extra care but is quite feasible. So once the weather is cooler and I can be wearing them several times a week, I don't expect too much difficulty with 7". Be sure that I shall publicise the fact as soon as I get past the 'walking about the house' stage! Hello, Jeff. You know, from our exchanges of messages, that I'm someone who likes to push the boundaries a little! So what's a mere extra half-inch on a pair of heels? Of course comfort can be interpreted in different ways. If I've gone to the trouble to get dressed up, I would feel decidedly uncomfortable in low shoes and quite incongruous in trainers or any other flats. As I've said, I can dash around the shops in 51/2" heels giving hardly any thought to my shoes, even 6" don't impinge on my consciousness much. I was able to spend a few hours a week or so ago in 61/2"and walk out to the car having quite forgotten which shoes I was wearing, and I was so pleased with myself that I started a thread on the subject as soon as I got home! A young man yesterday was quite entranced by my red patent 51/2" heels and obviously couldn't take his eyes off them having told me how wonderful he thought they were! Oh, would that I were twenty-five years younger! Anne Louise

Both pair of my 7" LSB pumps are U.K. size 8.5. The heels measure exactly 7". And, wearing shoes with heels that high really take some getting used to. Just getting my toes to bend forward at the angle needed just to put them on required some practice. Standing up is hard until you ankles get used to bending that much and even then you can't straighten your knees so that you can stand upright. However, with some practice, eventually you will be able to walk to the other side of the room without hanging onto anything. (the "take 5 steps and sit down" syndrome). As was noted here earlier, 7" heels will never be as comfortable to wear or walk in as 4" or 5" hees are. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Oh, would that I were twenty-five years younger!

Seems to me Anne Louise that your mind is at least that much younger and that your body is only slightly older no matter what your birth certificate says. :roll:

Best wishes

Jeff

Mickey, I take a U.K. size 8, and I think it is quite possible in that size to get a 'true' 7" heel. ... Be sure that I shall publicise the fact as soon as I get past the 'walking about the house' stage!

Anne_Louise,

Thanks for this information.

I was asking because I made the experience that there is always a 'gap' in the range of heel heights in my size because when I ordered shoes with a certain heel height I rarely got the specified height. Either they came lower than 'announced' or they were even taller (not bad actually, but when you got the same shoe twice due to this, it isn't that interesting anymore). Meaning, it's difficult for me to get real 6" in my size. I either get only 5..5.5" or 7"+ for example. On the other hand, some felt already lucky to possess real 7" heels which turned out to be only 6" when measured what they didn't do before I had them to. This actually made me curious about your 7". But when you say you made sure then I believe you. -- Keep us posted on your progress fighting the 7" (pics?)!

CU!

-Mike

I agree, it is quite amazing what you can get away with. I even wear 6 1/2 inch pumps at work, and I only see approving looks from men :roll:

Don't believe anything Cinthy says. I happen to know that "she" is a man who has never worn high heels (much less 6.5 inches) to work. I have absolutely no problem with guys wearing high heels, but I don't think they should pretend to be women and mislead everyone in the forum.

As for wearing 6.5-inch heels to work, I think that in order for us women (and yes, I really AM a woman) to be taken seriously by our male colleagues and employers, we can not wear such footwear to work. High heels (which I do wear out, usually 4-5 inches) are best kept for home or for going out at night, not for work.

wow!!!!! Kitty Fantastico, you just burst the bubble for a lot of guys on this board. I bet the next thing they'll ask you for is proof of your claim that Cinthy says..... :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You're right Bubba I for one would like to know what proof this Kity person has that says Cinthy is a man. So how about you provide some proof Kity, or are you going to come up with some lame excuse like it is privileged and there fore you cant tell us. And why should we believe you who has only posted once and not Cinthy who has been a member since Nov 2003. Personally I think this should be considered abusive language against a member and this Kity should be banned from the board. Some one tried this against Laurieeheels if I remember correctly. They didnt last long.

wow!!!!! Kitty Fantastico, you just burst the bubble for a lot of guys on this board. I bet the next thing they'll ask you for is proof of your claim that Cinthy says..... :roll:

I agree. Current societal norms over the last 65 years have permitted, and even encouraged, women to wear heels to work. Recent changes have accepted men's wear of heels, as well.

Where, exactly, are you coming from?