Tallness?

azraelle

I have had to tell my mother (83) more than once that I am ambivalent about my height--she keeps pestering me that I am "tall enough, and don't NEED to wear high heels" as if that is the only possible reason a guy might have to want to wear high heeled boots! By the by, I am 6'3", barefooted. How tall are the other posters here? Has anyone ever asked you if you wear heels to appear taller? Does it annoy you? Would you be as willing to wear them if you were taller? (I asked a similar Q of the gals, regards my niece-in-law, who is 6'1"). Thanks

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

A good topic! I'm 6-2 in my bare feet, so I don't need to be any taller either. No one's asked me if I wear heels to be taller, although I've gotten the occasional "how's the weather up there?" joke from a co-worker from time to time as they enjoy teasing me about my added height. The bottom line is that i wear heels because I enjoy them, nothing more, nothing less! Height doesn't factor into the equation at all! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I am six foot four inches tall and I wear boots with 5 inch heels simply because I love my boots. I dont wish to be taller. Infact quite the opposite, I am very envious of guys who are of average height and who can wear ladies boots from the shops as I can't due to my large shoe size, what I wouldn't give to be shorter.

6'4". Thing is, for aesthetic purposes heels actually look better on people with more height. _________________ "To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DandyDude on 2002-06-02 16:22 ]</font>

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

6'2" my self. I don't wear heels for the added hight eather. I just like how they look and feel.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I'm 5'8". That's a torso of 6", legs of 5'4". I wear size 8 1/2 mens, 10 womans. I've been wearing HH loafers at work, 2 - 2 1/2". NO comments from anyone. My company is very 'diversity' oriented. I'm also fairly new here, been lurking for a while though.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I am 6'2" flat-footed, and tend to wear heels from 4"-8" in height. Yeah, I get the standard comments like "Aren't you tall enough already?", but most are really cool about it and compliment me on my choices of footwear. btw...I went to the mall yesterday with my family, and my wife overheard someone in Sears saying "Is that a guy or a girl?". Note: I have hair past my shoulders, and was wearing 6" spiked-heel platform sandals.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9" . Of course, living in the partly-metricated state of the UK, I weigh around 80kg, but I've no idea if this is reasonable for someone of my height. For non-UK based people, here in the UK we rejoyce in a mix of metric and imperial measurements. For instance, you buy alcohol in millilitres except in public houses, where beer can only be sold in pints. But if you put lemonade in it, it must be sold in millilitres :smile: . Oh, and we drive in miles per hour, but buy petrol in litres. Sod the EU, I'm wearing 3" heels!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

On 2002-06-03 10:02, HighBoots wrote:

I'm 6.43 feet (196cm) tall ...

I think I look great with heels, but have to be careful when passing doors :smile:

Ouch!!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Terayon, as clever as you claim to be, you can't differentiate between petrol and diesel. I'm not letting you fill a car's petrol tank. Plus, how can you confuse a linear measurement with a volume, millimetres and millilitres are totally different! I think you need to go back to school.

I'm 5'8" or about 173cm. That's a tad short compared to the average guy I suppose, but I don't care. Anyway in heels I'm around 6' which is cool. Girls wear heels to be taller so I can do the same. There was a lot of crap about how Nicole Kidman couldn't wear heels when she was with Tom Cruise, as Tom was only 5'8" but he should have worn heels too. What a shame he didn't care to be different.

I thought Tom Cruise was less tha 5'8" - I had the impression that he was actually nearer 5'6". But of course he should have worn heels!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm only 5' 6" tall barefoot, so the heels help alot! With heels, (3.5" to 4") I'm just getting into the low end of the average height range. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I'm 5' 11" barefoot, but still wear 3 - 4" heels quite often, and working on higher ones for clubbing. It seems to me, though, that while it was only shorter women who usually wore very high heels / platforms a year ago, a lot of the taller women are also doing so now. Came face to face with a really nice lady in a London shop couple of days ago who was wearing 6"+ heel platforms & was amused that I was also wearing 4" heels. We were both about 6' 3" in our chosen shoes.

If you are tall, I wouldn't worry about attracting attention. There was another guy, Micko who came out with our group, and he liked platforms. He was well over 6 foot in bare feet, but he looked good in platforms too. Height is power and it's better than being short; that's the way I look at it :smile:

<font size=1> Posted Image

Click For Freestyle Fashions </font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-06-11 00:14 ]</font>

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Being a mere 5ft 5", I find adding between 4-6 inches makes me appear of normal height, so few people notice. I wear heels because the extra height makes me feel good. Besides a few of my female friends are taller than me with heels on, so if they wear em, so do I.

ive never heard anyone refer to a cars gas tank as a petrol tank, so excussseeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... and i do know the difference between millimeters and millilitres, but i guess i just gave it a quick glance when reading and mistook the spelling