New (Rock) boots!

chris100575

I'm sure I've mentioned in the past how much I wanted a pair of the New Rock Malicia boots, and trying on my friend's in the pub last week made me want them even more! I'd struggled to find a pair though as most places only stock up to a 41, which is too tight to be comfortable.

Last week a quick poke around on eBay turned up these babies in a 42 and they fit perfectly! They're soft black leather, with a very soft off-white leather lining and well padded insole. The toes are very pointy, and the heels are solid metal and just over four inches.

They might be a bit too rock chick for some, but I love 'em! Now, if I can only get hold of the knee-length version... :D

Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the compliments, these are vying for position of favourite boots with my Duo stiletto knee boots! I've wanted a pair of boots with full metal heels since the first pair I ever saw, and these have the bonus of all those straps, buckles and lacing too! Plus they're really comfy. Dawn: I've seen the knee length version on the New Rock website, but the heel is a different shape, and they're only available up to a 41. I've seen one pair the same as mine but knee high on eBay, but they were about three sizes too small. :D I'm more inclined to calf length boots than I was now I shave my legs, but still love the feeling of zipping up a knee high pair! Interestingly, they have a couple of pairs of the ladies' ones available up to size Eu 44! Chris

Hi Chris100575, I absolutely love those boots, were they a one-off pair on ebay in the 42's ,or was it a company selling them?, like you I can only find 41's on the new rock website which I fear may be too small. If they were an ebay seller, would you mind letting us know the sellers name. Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Hi Heelium

Sadly they were pretty much a one off, it was a lady selling her pair. I have found though that if you go onto the New Rock website, and choose North America when it asks you to choose your area, not only do they have a wider selection but nearly all of the Malicia range are available up to a 42. I've emailed them to ask if they can do international orders.

On the standard European site though, they have the same boots as mine but with the talon shaped heel up to a 44, in plain black and black with flames. For some reason if you choose the pair I've got the size selector doesn't display, but as they do the exact same boot apart from the heel up to a 44, they should do the same with mine. Might be worth asking.

Another alternative could be the French site, I've not tried contacting them yet, but will do if the American one turn up a blank. www.newrockfrance.com/

Both the French and US sites have the knee length version in my size. :D

Chris

Had a response from the US:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for choosing NEW ROCK as your fashion foot wear.

We sorry but we ship only to US country. Please contact Ana Gomez (E-mail

newrock@newrock.es) in our main storange and she will send your Malicia in

size 42.

With our Best regards,

Carlos Zegarra

NEW ROCK LAS VEGAS

This could get expensive!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've bought another pair of the New Rock Malicia boots! The knee length black ones with the flames are my new ones, and the others are my cousin's purple cobweb pair that she's lent me.

As with the first pair, they both have solid metal heels just over four inches high. The knee length ones feel great to wear, although I'm still breaking them in at the moment! Neither pair is exactly subtle, but I love them!

My new ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My cousin's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what you think!

Chris

Holy cow! I was looking through the styles, and many of them cannot possibly be designed for women in any respect but the heel. The fashion is just way too male-oriented. These are GUY boots, folks! Time to buy some and support the cause! I did notice, sadly, that the sizes tapered off around 42... If I ever get to Paris, I'm definately going there!

Ok - everyone please write these guys, tell them how much you like the store, and would they PLEASE increase the sizes to, say 46, because there are literally thousands of men who'd love to find no kidding masculine looking boots like these with a heel!

contact@newrockfrance.com

http://www.newrockfrance.com

Thanks!

And hey - kneehighs - I know you're busy, but now's the time to throw this on your fashion websites. You'd be surprised at how many "lurkers" would grab the e-mail and dash to make purchases! I'll do the same.

This could be one of the breaks we've been looking for, people...

First of all........it's good to see you back dr1818, I have missed you. :D A few stores Down Under are selling those Rock Boots styles and you are right...they are quite masculine and would suit alot of guys who enjoy a heel but I have to admit, they don't do too much for me.. jim :cry:

Thanks, Jim! Even if they may not be your first choice, anyone up for dropping the company a line, anyway, about carrying them in larger sizes? Any help would be appreciated! Kneehighs - if you can squeeze them in during your trip to Paris, that'd be something! Their address is on their website.

They're not exactly conservative are they? But then, neither are the mens' ones! :D

For all you guys who want to email them to request larger sizes, I'd suggest newrock@newrock.es which is where they're based in Spain. As far as I can tell, New Rock France is just a reseller. If you go the the Spanish site at http://www.newrockstore.com/ quite a few of the calf length pairs are available up to Eu 44.

I did consider a pair the same as the ones with the flames but in plain black, but as I already have a plain black pair the only difference would be the heel. While I wouldn't wear my cousin's purple ones in public, the ones with the flames will be a strong contender if I summon up the courage. Under jeans they look much like a cowboy boot apart from the heel. Speaking of which these heels are really growing on me, they're enough like a stiletto that I enjoy wearing them, but the talon-like shape looks almost aggressive enough to be masculine.

Posted Image

Asking my cousin which would be more suitable to go out in, the flames or my plain black ones she said: "Whichever you're more comfortable with being seen in, but I'd go for the flames. Honey, people will notice you're in heels anyway, you may as go all-out!"

I've not made my mind up if I dare go out in them yet, but I'm warming up to the idea.

Chris

No movement on going outside in them yet, but they are breaking in nicely and I can now wear them with sport socks without my feet dying! My cousin tried them on the other night and offered to wear them in for me. Bless her, the thought of just trying to prise me out of them so she could wear them herself never crossed her mind. :D The drawback is that I now know that the rest of the Malicia range will fit me, which could get expensive! I'm still undecided about coming out of the shoe closet to the rest of my friends, but if I do I'll definitely be wearing these to Rockworld in Manchester. You get people wearing all sorts of stuff in there anyway. Chris

The possible loss of her friendship was why it worried me so much when I decided that I had to tell her. I'm more of a big brother to her, and didn't want to shatter any illusions by revealing that I like to wear feminine shoes. I just got lucky that she is as open minded as I thought she was! Chris

For all you guys who want to email them to request larger sizes, I'd suggest newrock@newrock.es which is where they're based in Spain. As far as I can tell, New Rock France is just a reseller. If you go the the Spanish site at http://www.newrockstore.com/ quite a few of the calf length pairs are available up to Eu 44.

I sent them a mail about a pair of high heeled westerns. Let's see if they answer.

B

What's all the fuss about?

Chris100575:-) It is good that you are straight and up front with your cousin and that she is so open-minded about it. That can take a load off of your mind and you can be perfectly comfortable around her. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, my cousin and her boyfriend (who also knows about my heels) are planning a trip to Rockworld the weekend after next, and she's suggested that I wear my Malicia boots with the flames. Here's an an email conversation I had with her today: Me "The wearing them out thing is a hard one. In my worst imaginings the whole world notices and stones me out of town, but it's also something I've wanted to do for so long that I'd probably have the time of my life once I got over the initial fear. " Her "Well like I said for the malicias going out – im not arsed and since you will have me and Nick there too to stick up for you – and like you said in rockworld anything goes – the other way of looking at it is – people think your scary looking as it is (we don’t we know your just a big pussycat) do you think theyd honestly say or do anything if you were wearing spikey malicias as well – don’t be daft – theyd be more likely to run – its not the sort of thing you see on an average night out" Me "...wearing Malicias in Rockworld won't be a problem, like you said anything goes in there. It's just walking through Manchester town centre in them on the way there that I'm not sure about. Coming back wouldn't be so bad because I'd probably be pissed anyway, plus I'd have got over my nerves. The more I think about it though the more I know I'm going to regret it if I wuss out. " Her "Nah youll be fine Nick said if were going to do it tho we should do it properly and go in a few pubs first – but if you want to go straight to rockworld then that’s fine – you know if you don’t wanna wear them then that’s cool – but yeah I will call you a wuss – itl be fine – and the chances are youll feel better about it yourself when you do – I know why your worried about it but seriously – don’t be" She's said a couple of times since I told her about my heels that I should just wear them in public and get the full benefit of them, and I think I'm going to. I think the testing time will be the first half hour or so. If I can survive that I'll be fine. I'm looking forward to doing this, but nervous as hell at the same time. Chris

Chris100575:-) I can understand your being nervous about wearing your boots out in public, but as it has been said---"If you don't, you will probably regret not doing it". Sooooooo! Do it and enjoy doing it. Let us know what happens. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Dawn My mind's made up, and I'm definitely going to do it! We've come up with a cunning plan whereby I'm going to wear my flat New Rocks and my cousin a pair of the stiletto ones, then we're going to swap when we get where we're going and I've had a pint or two for dutch courage. It also means that if my feet get too sore we can swap back, as I'm only used to wearing them around the house. She's even offered to broach the subject by asking if we can swap because her feet are sore. It might sound a bit lame having a get-out clause, but I don't want my first time out in heels to be remembered as a couple of hours of fun followed by limping agony for the rest of the night! Very much looking forward to it though, now it's been decided I just want to get out there and do it. Chris

Can I ask how long ago this was? It's just that the heels on mine do seem to be solid, unless it's a *very* thick layer of foil. It does sound like you got pretty unlucky though, I know three girls who own the Malicia boots with both types of heel and none of them have had any problems. In the nicest possible way, none of them are anorexic grasshopppers either! I've only had mine for a few months, so it's still early days yet. Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi Highboots As I'm sure you know, sizes between manufacturers do vary. Just to be awkward I seem to be a 41.5! The Malicias do seem to run pretty true to size, my 42s are actually a slightly looser fit than I'd like, my other pairs are all 41 and they were tight at first but fit beautifully now they're worn in. This seems about right compared with my other heels. I do have quite narrow feet though. In short the best bet is to try them on, but you should be OK if you go for the same size as you normally wear in heels. In all cases, including my Reactors, I found them to be tight across the top of my foot until they were broken in. Chris