Thigh boots

Debbie(HK)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on!!! :P

They dressed Julia Roberts up like that precisely because the stigma and stereotype ALREADY existed!!! :P

Thigh boots being a symbol of a "loose women" of dubious morals (and I use that term loosely) has existed for at least four decades.

However - nobody complained about men wearing thigh boots in the days of Cavaliers and Roundheads or Musketeeers did they??

Shh! 1) I said it was my opinion. 2) I've never seen a real "hooker" wearing thighboots in my life. (I would associate platform shoes more with hookers) 3) Thighboots on men in the old days were made to protect a man's legs while riding a hourse. Much like they are used by present day cowboys. 3) You wear them shh, do people associate you as a loose woman?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've seen prostitutes wearing such boots. Where I used to work, at night it was infamous for having women of the evening on the corners. Sometimes when in the area well after work, leaving from a party or something, we'd head down infamous 3rd Ave and have a peek. Thigh Boots and clear plastic platform sandals with stiletto heels were prevalent, but then, so were tight jeans and runners. Which leads me to believe that while we have one image of a loose woman, really, those who have chosen that profession use a variety of looks to attract a variety of customers. Why we focus on one aspect in the media is beyond me.

Bubba 136 wrote:

3) You wear them shh, do people associate you as a loose woman?

I don't think we need to lower the tone of this discussion.

hey, shh.......with all due respect, how can it possibly degenerate any further? Besides, you seem to speak with authority and experience. I was just curious, that's all. I don't wear thigh boots so I've no experience with them. However, while I would think the general public would view any man wearing stiletto heeled thigh boots as being slightly out of the ordinary and just a wee bit unorthodox, I sincerely doubt they would view them as being "loose," would you? So, apparently what we have then is a societial identification of thighboots with other than "traditional, monogamous women. Isn't that right, shh? I don't believe the reputation or stigma attached to wearing thighboots or other styles of extreme heels is warranted, however. Heels of all styles have gotten a bum rap over the years as have the women (and men) that wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think the thing about thigh boots is that they draw the attention of the viewer to the area immediately above and between the thighs - i.e. the crutch. :o For a guy - it's a fatal attraction being drawn towards two of the woman's most erogenous zones and the ultimate destination of a straight man's desires. A high stiletto heel just serves to heighten the desire factor because high heels are just, well, SEXY! :P So - necessarily by association - a woman wearing thighboots is making the ultimate "I'm available if you want me" statement. Thighboots on men do the same for a woman though - although thighboots on men these days is regarded as unusual, possibly wierd - or even downright bent - unless the guy happens to have a Gibson Les Paul slung around his neck and is surrounded by the rest of his band. In days gone by they were used as leg protection on horses and against blows from swords. As it happens - they looked pretty dashing too! 8) A man in thigh boots with high heels - in this sad country at least - is highly likely to be greeted by shouts of abuse or even be beaten up by angry (albiet confused, narrow minded and ignorant) men who just cannot handle seeing a guy in touch with himself and who he is - not giving a monkey's what anyone else thinks - and not being pigeonholed or hidebound by sterotype. Most people these days, walk around riddled with fear of what other people think of them and guilt over being different - how sad. :( Live and Let Live is my motto - and for the record - I would happily go out with a guy wearing thighboots, just so long as they weren't more flashy than mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:D