Partying in heels

Samantha

what ever i wear my feet are dying at the end of a night out on the town, the combination of five hours plus of dancing, walking, standing,waiting for cabs is lethal. any thoughts...wearing lower heels is of course out of the question!

okay, painful feet after a long day. Two important things. One is water. The more water in your system, the better your feet will feel. Why? You will not retain water, especially at the end of the day. This means when you feet swell at the end of the day, you will not have as many problems. This works for me, at any rate, and makes life a little bit easier. Two is just practice. Wear heels at home in the evenings. You'll work in your shoes for you feet as they are at night, and you'll be better at the end of the day. They may feel a bit lose at times in the morning, but it is better after those many hours in heels. That's just my advice, and it works up to about five inches for the heel height. After that, well, at 5 and a quarter, the foot angle starts to get in the way, and when I have a new plan, I'll share it. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I find just less than 4", like 95mm heels, are fine for dancing all night. I'm quite into club type dancing to modern tracks. If you get the styling of the shoes right they look like over 4" anyway.

On 2002-06-13 06:38, Anonymous wrote:

(Painful feet) = (Shoes are too tight)

Period.

ARNO

Reading this, I take it that you've never worn heels yourself.. Am I right?

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Arno, feet change size during the day. So what fits at one point may not fit at another point. I have had it happen, so it is fact, not myth. And I also wear four inch heels for up to fifteen hours at a time, five inch heels up to twelve. So...

I've read more than once that shoe experts recommend trying on shoes in the afternoon or evening because that is when the feet have swollen aproximately 1/2 size larger from being walked on all day. If you have a water retention problem, it probably would be at least a full size. I can't understand why a guy that is unafraid enough to sign his 1st name (or nick?), and the sand to freely dispense with his sage wisdom and advice, doesn't seem to have the ollos (to use the Samoan word for them) to actually sign in as an official member of the board. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-14 09:44 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Must admit, I've never tried dancing in heels, but then I can only dance in my dreams! But I have got rather drunk in heels, and that was a bit of an adventure. Bit more wobble than usual on the way back to my friend's flat. The worst bit was the cobblestones around a flower bed. But I made it fine!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I've been tipsy in stilettos. It was interesting and I was a bit afraid of doing something silly when I was walking, like falling over. But I too managed it alright. I walked a bit slower than normal, and I held onto anything I could, just in case. It was interesting. Then other times I have tried to duplicate that and my body has ignored the alcohol.

I'd been wearing my heels (actually my favourite 4" vanes) for several hours, while hanging out with friends and drinking slowly. By the time I was rather drunk, I'd had them on for about eight hours, and so I guess I'd got used to them. But still an adventure!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

On 2002-06-02 09:12, Samantha wrote:

what ever i wear my feet are dying at the end of a night out on the town...

Not really on the subject, but my feet have never ached more than the times during "recovery operations" immediately following the setting off of a nuclear blast at the US Nuclear test site where I used to work, when we were required to work a 16-hour double shift wearing low-heeled steel-toe, leather work boots. I don't know how my feet would have felt if I had been wearing hi-heeled steel-toe workboots (assuming such a mythical creature could exist) but I doubt it could have been any worse. :smile:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

• 2 weeks later...

Spent 5 hours at a club on Saturday in my strappy shoes with 5.5" heel and 1.5" platform. Ball of foot and toes very sore by the time I got in the cab, but in the morning this had cleared and been replaced by a horrible ache at the sides of both ankles. Took a further 24 hours to clear up. I'm puzzled as I hadn't stumbled or slipped all night.

It's muscle and tendon strain from areas that only get used when wearing high heels, spraining one's ankle, or other such activities... :smile::grin:

• 2 months later...

strangely, I've found it easier to walk in my 5,1" stiletto boots when I'm a bit drunk.

Trolleg, please tell us more about walking in stilettos when drunk! I haven't tried that. Maybe the alcohol makes you "lighter" and the feet don't realize the load they're under... so perhaps a suggestion for beginners - drink before you walk :drinking: :smile:

Posted Image

HH forever!

I think its because the body is more relaxed with a bit of alcohol in it.

your body is alos omore flexilbel when drunk, so wearing heels gives you a better feel of balance. :smile::grin:

GJ

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

I am not tipsy often, drunk even less often than that, but for me, the alcohol made walking a bit more of a challenge. But then, it is the same challenge for me in high heels as it would be if I were in low heels and flats. If I am drinking that is. It's not the balance, it is managing to go in the right direction. I only had three inch heels at my last company Christmas party, and it wasn't easy, and about the same when I had my alcohol night with work at a local sports bar, when I won the racing contest fastest lap honours while wearing five inch stilettos. We're all different, I guess.

In my case, I have found that I can wear real leather shoes (made from kidskin or calfskin) for longer periods, than patent leather shoes. I assume that is because real leather stretches to conform to your foot shape, especially when it swells during the day. Are most of you having problems while wearing patent leather shoes? PJ

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

At first, yes, but once they are worn in, no not really. Leather is easier to break in, I admit that. It's better that way, really. :smile: But a girl of my means settles for what she can get for shoes. Thankfully, I didn't have to settle when it came to a man. I held out and found a great one. :grin: Yes, I know, but I have to express how I feel. Leather shoes don't matter quite as much when compared to that.

• 1 year later...

Toothache gel has been a saviour! After 12+ hours at work, I change shoes before going out and when the footsies start to ache I apply the gel in the affected area. An old showgirl trick.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.