young ladies,pants and high heels

e

Young ladies here in downtown Rochester NY are breaking out their high heels in a big way since the weather turned. Unfortunately, the 4" plus heels I see are hidden under their long pant legs and are available for only the briefest glimpse. I can only conclude that they like it this way. The ladies enjoy the feel of their footwear, but don't "showoff" for others to see. What a shame from my point of view.

Young ladies here in downtown Rochester NY are breaking out their high heels in a big way since the weather turned.

Unfortunately, the 4" plus heels I see are hidden under their long pant legs and are available for only the briefest glimpse.

I can only conclude that they like it this way.

The ladies enjoy the feel of their footwear, but don't "showoff" for others to see.

What a shame from my point of view.

This is a real Shame! this has been the fashion for the last 2 years or so here in the UK. It is a little bit of a shame not to see the beuty of the shoes.

Bob.

I had this happen today. Getting on to the elevator, I saw this lady wearing these silver pointy-toed shoes. I liked how they looked, but never saw em - it wasn't until as the doors closed that I realized that her shoes were actually mules with a 3" heel instead of my expected 4" pump. Still nice though :D

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I actually enjoy seeing women wear trousers or jeans with high heeled shoes. I get to see this combination frequently in the place where I work and elsewhere, but unfortunately for me 9.75 times out of 10 they're wearing those oh-so-trendy "clown shoe" types. :D :x

its in every fashion magazine. op tip, wear heels hidden gives the illusion of lengthening the legs and therefore making them look taller/slimmer.

showing the heels would break the illusion

Well, that doesn't make sense (to me, at least). My guess is that the women are afraid to show off their footwear because they think it's too risque and want to avaid any negative comments/looks as much as possible. Please, show 'em off! If you're really that concerned, then wear stockings or trouser socks that match or nearly match the color of the shoe so that they sort of blend in with the rest of the outfit.

You are so lucky to see women wearing heels, as in Australia they always wear trainers or flats never heels :cry:

Oh, that's depressing. :o

This style is nothing new here in the UK where girls have been hiding their shoes under long pants for perhaps 18 months now. So the trend is coming to the US. Can be disappointing as the pants can conceal a kitten heel as well as something far more serious.

Still it can be a boon as what is hinted at is often far more enjoyable than that which is openly on display.

Courtest of Firefox and his photos on Flickr.com the link is this:-

http://www.flickr.com/groups/streetheels

Two examples of the UK style.

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

If they weren't wearing heels, the pants would be dragging on the ground. I saw one girl with pants so long she had worn a hole through the back several inches above the cuffs. Those really look dumb.

Young ladies here in downtown Rochester NY are breaking out their high heels in a big way since the weather turned.

Unfortunately, the 4" plus heels I see are hidden under their long pant legs and are available for only the briefest glimpse.

I can only conclude that they like it this way.

The ladies enjoy the feel of their footwear, but don't "showoff" for others to see.

What a shame from my point of view.

As a matter of facts I do the same :D, long long pants make things easy

I think it's a shame when girls wear sexy heels, and then hide them under their trousers too. I saw one at work the other day wearing trousers so long that when she stood still her feet were completely hidden. A shame, because she went up the stairs ahead of me and was wearing a very nice pair of stiletto boots. Chris

I agree with you all. It is extremely hard to tell what style and height of a heel the young ladies are wearing these days, but it is so nice to see a pointy toe sticking out the front of the pant leg. I still think that both ladies and gents look better wearing their pants down over their shoes with the length being about an inch off of the floor. That's the style that I wear with my heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 weeks later...

All I can say is that, at least by the high heeled point of view, I´m lucky to live in a country where lots of girls, of all ages, wear their heels with (short) skirts and short leg pants like those posted by BobHH. I believe they love to show their HH sandals DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

My dear friend DeSalto, you live in Rio de Janeiro and it's a very hot weather over there, women need to show up their skin or they'll die burning. That's why Rio is a so sexy city. Here in Sao Paulo things are a bit different. The weather is not so hot and, when it's cold, women love to wear that horrible long fat pants that covers completelly the most beautiful footwear they are using that season... stilleto boots. I hate long pants. Maybe this winter the tucked pants could be back and we can see the complete look of beautiful good made sexy well designed boots.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.