HAIR!

:D What is it with people just because i have let my hair grow longer!!!!!!!! MY wife moans its to long,makes me look like a mad scientist on a bad day,and friends and clients say they like it! Just wanted to rant as there is no one here to rant at.Still going to get a TRIM next week and maybe a divorce if she carries on....aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

When hair gets to a certain length it looks very untidy and mad scientist like. When I was growing mine I had to get it trimmed more often than I would get it cut keeping my hair short. Until it all grew the same length and I was able to have it in a bob it looked like it wasn't growing at all.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I love it when I have full, shoulder-length hair that swooshes across the back and is NOT a wig. Being naturally curly, it tends to get a little "big" (even moreso when I crimp it), and it's just fun! I am just not a fan of short hair, except when I need it to be in order to get my wigs on when I did shows on stage back in the day (oh to be back there again).

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Good luck to those with plenty of the stuff. I considered growing my hair again, but I've found there's an optimum length where you get less light reflecting back. I try to avoid those halogen spotlights.

I'd love to go back to having long hair, but while I like it short and I like it long I hate it in the middle while it's getting from one to the other. Plus I'm receding, and I think if I grew it long again it'd look like it was sliding down the back of my head! :D Chris

I have cranial nudity on a large scale, and have it trimmed to 9mm (3/8 " ) where it does grow. My wife hates it when it gets a bit longer as I end up with sticky up bits, and the grey shows (not for long, the baldness cures grey hair better than any hair dye, permanently) I guess I will never have to worry about the long hair problems bladerunner has ever again.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

well got so peed off with the comments from my beloved that i had a decent trim,and guess what,all i got was that it was'nt short enough! well with summer coming it may stay shorter for a while but wait til next winter!!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

:D

What is it with people just because i have let my hair grow longer!!!!!!!!

MY wife moans its to long,makes me look like a mad scientist on a bad day,and friends and clients say they like it!

Just wanted to rant as there is no one here to rant at.Still going to get a TRIM next week and maybe a divorce if she carries on....aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bladerunner, don't care too much about your long hairs. How do you like this long haired irokese punk? Sorry, thats not me but we both are colleagues and I like his outfit. This is my idee of a stylish male physicist hair dressing

Posted Image

Please, take notice of his glancing varnish boots :cry:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Well, that look worked for Einstein!

Hi jmc,

some years ago I read a biography of Einstein. I didn't found any remark about his hair-style. I'm sure that you know the famous picture when Einstein is putting out his tongue. On this picture he was wearing really a lion mane remembering me to Tina Turner :D

Was Einstein the first hippie or the first punk? An interesting subject for the research on history of physics :cry: I believe that he was disgusted by the shaved head nazi fashion in Germany when he emigrated to America. I could imagine that he wore his long hairs as subconscious protest against the nazi terror in germany. Isn't it interesting that the neonazis are fishing their victims in the skinhead scene? Guys with long hairs are mobbed often by them as pansies. Nevertheless some macho immigrants are still worse :x

I like the actual style with long fringes over the forehead. I belong to the lucky guys without bald head. Still my grandfather had all his thin blond hairs until he died very old. The same with me (no - I'm definetely not planning my exitus :o) May be that its simply a preponderance of estrogenes. Every guy has female hormones!

nice greetings

micha (*glad to have still long hairs*)

Hi micha, I did a profile on Albert Einstein in a school composition class many years ago. He was an interesting character with a lot of inconsistencies. From my research he was Jewish and that is the primary reason he left Europe. In his early years he was a patent examiner (for the Swiss patent office if I remember correctly) and he found that to be less than stimulating. I forget what led him into physics. In spite of all his genius he was incapable of some of the simplest everyday tasks. For instance, finding socks that matched (or finding them at all) was often beyond his capability. When working on a big theory he would occasionally leave home for the lab without shoes. He would just forget to put them on! His signature hairdo was mostly a result of never combing it! It is almost as if there are only so many gray matter cells in the human brain and all of his were dedicated to physics. He was married in the 30's, back in his patent-examiner days and when that marriage ended nis ex-wife commented that he needed a mother more than a wife! With all that, Einstein had an interesting way of explaining things. For instance, in an attempt to explain relativity he said, "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour it seems like less than a minute. But sit him on a hot stove for a minute and it seems longer than an hour. That's relativity." Well, that makes sense but I have no idea how you get lasers, E=mc^2 and nuclear power out of that. Einstein had another explanation. Somebody asked him how radio worked and his reply went something like this: Start with the telegraph. The telegraph is like a really long cat. Somebody is pulling his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Radio works the same way except there is no cat. Gee, thanks Al! That clears it up!

Have a happy time!

Hi micha,

I did a profile on Albert Einstein in a school composition class many years ago. He was an interesting character with a lot of inconsistencies.

From my research he was Jewish and that is the primary reason he left Europe. In his early years he was a patent examiner (for the Swiss patent office if I remember correctly) and he found that to be less than stimulating. I forget what led him into physics.

In spite of all his genius he was incapable of some of the simplest everyday tasks. For instance, finding socks that matched (or finding them at all) was often beyond his capability. When working on a big theory he would occasionally leave home for the lab without shoes. He would just forget to put them on! His signature hairdo was mostly a result of never combing it!

It is almost as if there are only so many gray matter cells in the human brain and all of his were dedicated to physics. He was married in the 30's, back in his patent-examiner days and when that marriage ended nis ex-wife commented that he needed a mother more than a wife!

With all that, Einstein had an interesting way of explaining things. For instance, in an attempt to explain relativity he said,

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour it seems like less than a minute. But sit him on a hot stove for a minute and it seems longer than an hour. That's relativity."

Well, that makes sense but I have no idea how you get lasers, E=mc^2 and nuclear power out of that.

Einstein had another explanation. Somebody asked him how radio worked and his reply went something like this:

Start with the telegraph. The telegraph is like a really long cat. Somebody is pulling his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Radio works the same way except there is no cat.

Gee, thanks Al! That clears it up!

Hi jmc,

last week I have met a guy in Bremen (a big town in northern Germany) for a common tour on high heels. Sometimes we were really forgetting that we were walking on high heels because we were too much involved in a discussion about Einstein's relativity principle and modern quantum physics. No problem for me to explain you the fundamental ideas of Einstein. But not here because our forum isn't a forum on physics. Nevertheless some pictures of our heeling tour. My companion on his black stiletto boots

http://www.high-heels.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7211&sid=

and me with pink cowgirl boots

http://www.high-heels.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7212&sid=

It was a funny meeting in the shopping mall of Bremen including some visits of shoe shops :D

nice greetings

micha

• 2 weeks later...

Einstein needs a pullback, aka pony-tail. Unfortunately, his hair is too short! In the 50's and 60's they were known as the "long-hairs," those research scientists for whom military haircuts weren't required. The moment the military tried to require them, the long-hairs reminded the military that while they were there at the bequest of the military, they weren't there to meet military styles of dress, but rather, to produce military-required products. It was a short fight, overall, and consisted primarily of "get off our backs if you want our goods."

• 1 month later...

Some interesting posts here... :oops: First of all, I'd like to point out that A. Einstein was not really a physicist. He was actually a mathematician. He worked at the patent office to pay his bills because he couldn't find a job as a professor. Inconsistant? I think it was his middle name. :oops: Now back to the hair - I used to wear mine to the collar. In fact, I had my ears pierced and wore earrings that nobody could really see for years. Then I became much more radiant in the rear of the craneum. :wink: Today I can still sprout enough hair to reach the shoulders, but it looks odd with my natural tonsure. :roll: So every once in a while I decide to loosen-up the purse strings and go see my barber. But I demand a discount because technically all he can give me is a "trim around the ears". :rofl:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi micha,

I did a profile on Albert Einstein in a school composition class many years ago. He was an interesting character with a lot of inconsistencies.

From my research he was Jewish and that is the primary reason he left Europe. In his early years he was a patent examiner (for the Swiss patent office if I remember correctly) and he found that to be less than stimulating. I forget what led him into physics.

...He was married in the 30's, back in his patent-examiner days and when that marriage ended nis ex-wife commented that he needed a mother more than a wife!

...Well, that makes sense but I have no idea how you get lasers, E=mc^2 and nuclear power out of that.

...Start with the telegraph. The telegraph is like a really long cat. Somebody is pulling his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Radio works the same way except there is no cat.

Gee, thanks Al! That clears it up!

As I tried to point out in one of my posts, Einstein was really quite an oddball. But, believe it or not, his first wife was also an accomplished mathematician and a fellow student he met at university.:academic: In fact, she often checked-up behind Al for mistakes in his theories. And while they got married while he was in his thirties, they were already divorced by the 1930's. In fact, he was already well into middle age and having to flee Germany at that time because of the political climate.

E=mc 2 is but one small portion of his Special Theory of Relativity. The theory really had nothing to do with nuclear physics, but rather, was an explanation of how matter and energy are conserved at the speed of light. Einstein often spoke of himself riding a beam of light.

It was actually another Jewish female scientist named Misner who used Einstein's equation to explain what she observed happening with some radioactive experiments that ultimately led to the discovery of nuclear energy.

As for why Einstein always wore his hair in disarray, it may be that he simply never could find a barber he could trust. :biggrin::rocker:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...