Lovely mpg movie

Dexter23

On 2002-06-02 09:36, RubberVicki wrote:

Nice boots, What's Kazza although?

Kazaa is a file sharing program, With it you can share files e.g. movies or mp3's with annyone on the internet.

Than if you are looking for something you can use a search engine to find out who has the file you want and download it from them.

a bit of topic, but Kazaa is a peer-to-peer networking program that allows you to download search world related information and files. These files are mainly music or video files. Using this type of system, you can theoretically download anything that someone has. on topic, I enjoyed that movie clip. would have been nice if it was longer :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember that the user interface for Kazaa is so poor that many of its users are actually sharing their entire hard drives, rather than just their 'public' directories. This means that some Kazaa users might be having their Outlook (aack thpit) folders downloaded by meanies from the BigBadInternet. One to watch out for, I think...

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Remaining firmly off-topic...:smile: Kazaa also contains large amounts of "spyware" and other nasties. They can track what you're downloading, and from who, and there's another program installed with kazaa that will use your hard drive space, internet connection, and CPU power for whatever they like. It ain't going anywhere near any of my systems...!

Also, you can use a program called "Grokster" (www.grokster.com) that is like KazAa, but without the annoying spyware. It's pretty cool! :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I use the paid-for ($9.50) version of Limewire (www.limewire.com). So far as I know, it doesn't have spyware. I have used it to download hacked versions of several programs used in my college classes that I couldn't afford with my limited student loans (for learning purposes only--I actually purchased Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat). As well as MP3's, MP2, etc.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I believe the Windows version of file sharing is WinMX and It has no spy wear in it. I have a copy but halved not needed to use it as file sharing is not my thing right now.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!