Womens Shoes-A misnomer

mskim61

thanks dawn :D I'm wearing them right now with a new pair of blue goucho pants that I got with a KOHLS gift card, I think that they look so good with them, but I would prefer to wear them with long jeans (blue or black) when I go out.

I like the logic -- If it's a man's feet in 'em then they're mens shoes. I don't care if they are 5.5" stiletto pumps! If only the rest of society were that open-minded!

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

In actual fact, from an industrial point of view no manufacturer makes women's or men's shoes. Many will tell thier customers that that is what they are but from a design and manufacture point of view they are courts, pumps, stilettos, flats, walking boots or whatever. They adapt to fashion. Here's an example, platform boots. In the 1970s everybody, male or female, were wearing them. When they came around again, they were only available to women. Similarly cowboy boots.

It is true to say that certain styles are aimed at specifically male or female markets but that doesn't make them exclusive to that market.

A lot of very valid points here. Last night I got out my power saw to cut a board, but I can't remember going to the men's or womens section of the hardware store to buy the saw. In fact, I don't even remember men's or women's drills or screwdrivers either, for that matter.

On the other hand, shoe manufacturers do make shoes, specifically high heels, in women's sizes. I cannot recall a high heeled shoe, particularly a stilletto, ever being advertised as a man's shoe. So, are the pumps, or mules or high heeled boots I wear men's or women's shoes? Well, since I bought 'em and I'm the one who wears them ....

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Who cares which side of the store they come from, I don't. I see something I like, I buy them, I wear them, they're mine. End of story. How's that for being open-minded? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Right-on, Dawn. It occurs to me that we presently have a large number of women in the military wearing combat boots. So does that make the gals strange in some way? So what's the big deal? After all, they is just shooz...

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels