Kneehigh Hosiery a copout?

shyguy

The new boots my wife recently bought for me are a little tight around the ankle for wearing socks, but without socks get a bit sticky on the soles. I mentioned I might get some tights or stockings, to my wife, not to her liking, but we compromised on kneehighs. They make the boots feel much better than socks, and also alleviate the sticky feet problem, a cop out or not? BTW I don't particularly want to wear hose, just the shoes but the kneehighs solve a dilemma, so that's my compromise.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

not hardly a cop out - knee high stockings exist pretty much for that very reason.

..I agree with Danielle 100% I hate the sticky clammy feeling of bare feet in shoes. I always wear some type of nylons with heels and sometimes I wear the thin female trouser sox with my street shoes. Lotsa girls are going bare legged while wearing heels and I think that look has no class but thats just my oponion.

Love those heels!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I wear knee highs very often. Mrs. F prefers me in tights (panty-hose) hee hee. But knee highs are a practical solution. I find they're more comfortable than socks even with male shoes, they have virtually no seam. I'm sure my colleagues have clocked them, but no one's said anything.

Shyguy:-) Your wife is comfortable with you wearing kneehigh hose and it will solve your problem with the fit of your shoes and boots, so I see no reason not to do so. It is not a cop-out. I myself do not wear kneehigh hosiery as I do not care for them. That's just me. I prefer to wear support pantyhose with as much spandex as I can get to support and ease my arthritic ridden joints, as going barefoot in shoes or boots is just not an option with me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I would only ever wear sandals with bare feet and knee-highs or even popsocks are great for day to day wear with boots and shoes though I prefer socks.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for the replies guys, it does feel better in the kneehighs, just for slipping the boots on and off, and don't worry dr. Shoe I'm with you, sandals would be bare feet only if I wore them.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I have some black opaque knee highs that I wear under boots sometimes, they came in handy for keeping my leg hair out of the way when zipping up before I started shaving my legs. I tend to not bother with them much now though, I prefer wearing tights or stockings, or If I can't be bothered with hosiery, I have a few pairs of ladies' thin cotton socks. Although I do sometimes wear boots / shoes with bare feet, I don't like the sticky soles feeling. Leather insoles seem to stop this though. Chris

Chris100575:-) I know full well what you mean about your feet sticking to the insoles of heels. That is a feeling I do not care for one little bit. But that's just me, I guess. If I would wear sandals I would certainly wear them consantly with pantyhose. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Chris100575:-) I haven't been able to talk myself into buying any sandals for my collection yet as I have the ugliest yellowish toenails that you ever saw. I usually stick to closed toe shoes and boots because of that fact. Maybe some day I will find a pair of closed-toe sandals with the type of heel that I need to suit my needs. Who knows---stranger things have happened before. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi dawn, yellowish nails are usually a sign of infection. Have you seen a doctor or chiropodist? If an antibiotic cream could cure it, you would have the perfect excuse to extend your shoe collection.

totter along into history

Lorriette:-) I see my foot doctor every 3 months and have had my nails like this for many years. I have actually had 2 different foot doctors over that period of time and they both gave me the same answer. They could give me a prescription to help prevent this from occurring, but won't because the side effects would possibly damage my liver severly and they wouldn't take that chance. They don't bother me in any way, just look very ugly, so I only wear closed toe shoes. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Lorriette:-)

I see my foot doctor every 3 months and have had my nails like this for many years. I have actually had 2 different foot doctors over that period of time and they both gave me the same answer. They could give me a prescription to help prevent this from occurring, but won't because the side effects would possibly damage my liver severly and they wouldn't take that chance. They don't bother me in any way, just look very ugly, so I only wear closed toe shoes.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hey Dawn,

You could always cover over those nail with polish.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

www.comfilon.com sells knee highs for men in sizes to fit men. Both opaque and sheer. Good value for the money. I like their products.

GWL

I've tried their stuff and while rather expensive the stuff is tough and durable. When I wore a hole in the toes, I was actually able to do a solid repair of them with a fine zigzag stitch on my sewing machine. Thats more than I can say for your average trouser sock.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...