Ok, some tips on what NOT to do if your bored

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060215/od_nm/germany_bed_dc

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German youth who tied himself to a foldaway bed because he was bored was rescued by police after becoming trapped in its mechanism, officials said on Tuesday.

Neighbors alerted the police in the western German town of Schwelm after hearing the 16-year-old's cries for help late on Monday night.

When police entered the apartment, they found the bed had folded itself away and the red-faced youth was tied upside down to it with a tow-rope and wire and unable to free himself.

"He said he did it because he was bored," said Dietmar Trust, a spokesman for the local police. "He was visibly embarrassed but it was also a pretty amusing situation."

It reminds me of a colleague of mine who failed to turn up for work. When the police eventually broke into his house, they found his wife tied up on the bed dressed as a french maid and him inside the wreckage of the wardrobe dressed as superman. It seems he was intending to jump off the top when it collapsed under his weight. They had been there for 5 days! He never did live it down. :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

5 Days? No wonder he didnt live it down, they are probably still horrified by the memory. Did they sustain any permanent injuries? (either her from attempting to escape, or him from being injured for 5 days without medical help) Always make sure people are going to check on you before 5 days goes by.. A friend of ours in the Tampa area was into rougher 'breath control' play.. unfortunatly whoever he was playing with one day paniced when things went wrong and took off. He was found the next day in his garage by his ex when he didnt show up for work that morning.

(formerly known as "JimC")

ouch, that is bad news. be careful out there! I was looking for a diy tool on the internet, you know one of those tools that beeps at you if you are trying to find a pipe or electrical cables in a wall. the result was quite amusing back then when I searched for a 'stud finder' Google seems to be pretty acurate now, I just held my breath and tried it again, the internet is getting its act together!

The angels have the phonebox.

• 1 month later...

Articles like this bring a certain quote to mind. It's a little macabre but it comes to mind nevertheless. "We need more people like that. Then we'd have less people like that." Be careful out there :-) .

Have a happy time!

Mrs F actually knows someone who tried to jump off a wardrobe onto his wife on the bed. He was very drunk aparantly and the wardrobe collapsed. I'm not sure how much fun a large man jumping off a wardrobe onto me would be. If the wardrobe didn't collapse, the bed probably would.

One of the KDKA, (the world's oldest radio station), in Pittsburgh, Pa. daily programs has the "To Stupid to Live" stories on the air almost everyday. It is amazing just how many people we have in this country who live their daily lives without using brain 1 and somehow manage to stay alive. It's more than amazing, it's mind-boggling! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

WORSE THAN EMBARRASSING!......... with xboyfriend i was dating a while back.... I had a fun little outfit on for him, he tied me to the bed... after foreplay he went to get some beer right down the road... I thought it was hot 'n fun... he calls and says ''pick up if you can I locked the keys in the car, I was trying to hurry..."...I hear it on the answering machine... yeah right!...I am not helping anything!..or going anywhere! 5 minutes later...he calls 'I am walking back to get your extra set of keys..no problem...hope you aren't mad and still tied up! swety"...hehe he hangs up and less than a minute later I hear the door being unlocked and my room mate's voice saying 'hey Adeana...you home?' YEAH!.......very embarrassing!...to say the least!

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!