Retro High Heel Photo's

BalletLover

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i happened to find the 3 volume reprint set of the Exotique magazine and instantly became enamoured with all the shoe and boots pictured. Sadly no one seems to have any info on the shoes pictured. Their is just something different in the design and lines of the shoes that one does not see today. Many of the shoes seem to mechanically be ballet style with a toe area added to create the illusion of a normal high heel. Any info on these great shoes that anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Re Exotique photos,

The idea of adding a fake toe to a ballet heel is not new, it has been mentioned in print several times.

Although I have never seen any definite picture of any of these type,

I think these two below, would be somewhere close!!

Have you got any pictures for us to see?

Posted Image

Notice the arch and the angle of the shoe.

Posted Image

Standing, the arch is even more pronounced !

• 2 weeks later...

Both of these 'sites have "killer vintage high heel pix!" I only wish that they were in color!. . . .

jay_nyca1

Yo for those who want coloured versions check my post in "favourite pictures" and tell me if you like it (maybe thank, lol).

If you want I can carry on the job...

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Ballet Lover I can see what you mean, I've longed over trying to get a pair of shoes made similar to those you show (Tinamarie who purportedly owns the originals to some of the featured photes had a pair made by The Little Shoe Box but they got lost in the post after they were modified), however the proportions appear to be wrong for the model to be on her toes, especially if you compare to the stilettos and pumps pages, especially bottom right of page 2. Big D

• 1 month later...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for posting the link to these! I have always been a firm fan of John Willie's Bizarre and it was lovely to see some of the photos there. I there any more of John Willie's work online? I have the Taschen published "Best of Bizarre" book and really ought to buy the reprint. Wouldn't it be fun to do a vintage style High Heel photoshoot? :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

any info or pics you could supply would be much appreciated

theres already links to a lot of sites. I just got back in town. Ill try to find some old catalogues. If you want to see some springolaters, just put the word in any search engine and click "images". Theres a lot on vintage mens magagines, girly cheesecake pin up models in nice footwear. Check you soon

theres already links to a lot of sites. I just got back in town. Ill try to find some old catalogues. If you want to see some springolaters, just put the word in any search engine and click "images". Theres a lot on vintage mens magagines, girly cheesecake pin up models in nice footwear. Check you soon

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__XCWUd8FFjQ/SjpG4lywy1I/AAAAAAAAHOU/DwQINHE-hCo/s1600-h/Fredericks8.jpg

1964 Fredericks of Hollywood skyscrapers.

I'll have all of them, thanks.

Anybody got a time machine I can borrow?

OMG Cinnamon...for a minute I thought you said "I HAVE all of them thanks"....I was just about to tear my hair out!!

My husband met David Tennant last year....should I give him a call...and then we can both go......and squabble over the Leopard mules...and the rest too..!!:wave:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

OMG Cinnamon...for a minute I thought you said "I HAVE all of them thanks"....I was just about to tear my hair out!!

My husband met David Tennant last year....should I give him a call...and then we can both go......and squabble over the Leopard mules...and the rest too..!!:wave:

Haha in my dreams!!! And yes, I think a call to Mr Tennant is in order, and no need for squabbles, we can both be hot kittens together :)