Retro High Heels

BalletLover

Balletlover

Another nice resource, especially as they are sectioned into shoe type.

Now, I have a question, does anyone know of any cobblers / vendors that have the shoes in the following link from the site;

http://www.retroxotique.com/photos/Fashion/RetroShoes/S1/hrOHH01.jpg

http://www.heikes-heels.de/50er/bizarr09.JPG

As you can see, the toe box is so short that the ball of the foot is raised into an almost ballet-esque position. On the numerous searches for footwear available, it appears to be very difficult to obtain such shoes. Six Inch Heels Forever do seem to do shoes with a raised ball but nowhere near as pretty or with the short toe box. Any suggestions?

I'm also interested in trying to get hold of some these also (heike's heels site);

http://www.heikes-heels.de/50er/old01.jpg

http://www.heikes-heels.de/50er/old04.jpg

The arch of the foot is obviously incredible, the lacing only holding the foot back against the last of the shoe almost as if she had no toes at all!

Big D

When you realise that the heels in the last photo are probably only around about 4.5-5" that is an incredible arch. I estimate that she takes a size 2 UK in heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hallo,

years ago I saw a advertisment about a old Hongarian shoemaker S.Solvaj in Los Angelus (US). He made special type a toeboxs even a order of custimurs.

On the side of www.bootlovers.com he was also mention some time ago.

in a way my fantasie was also stimulated and orders a pair of ankleboots, downhill toebox and small plateau. The price those day (10 years ago) I don't know. The boots I still have but they are not ideal to walk with and a few pictures you can have.

Posted ImagePosted Image

perhaps someone gets also inspiration on special boots and show us.

A3

I have the reprints of the Best of Bizarre, Exotique magazines and am truelly amazed at the high heel styles. Most have the shortened toe box and a somewhat thicker heel. I have been unable to find out who made these styles. Anyone have any info on these shoes?

Sorry to say, Solanj Shoes is out of busines.

Yes, unfortunately, that's true. I think they shut down business around 2001 or so. I got a pair of 20cm stiletto-heeled non-platform courts from them in 1999 when I was spending several months in the U.S.

@mskim61: What do you refer to? I know there's a book out there containing the 'Best of...' Bizarre etc. It has a blue/black-printed cover (as far as I remember...).

CU!

-Mike

Trolldeg

The boots came from www.talana-gamah-and-ieish.com, but my friend says they take for ever to deliver and he is pretty sure they subbed the work out to someone else.

He has now given up on them and now is using www.leatherworks.org.uk

The model below (Valentine) looks like it might be for you with a 7" heel

Posted Image

BalletLover

Mickey S. John Willies Best of Bizarre is a small blue covered book with a pair of black heels on the cover. It was edited by Eric Kroll and says printed in Italy 2001. The name Taschen also appears on the front cover with a link to taschen.com The other book I have is a 3 volume set, complete reprint of Exotique 1951-1957. This was printed in Germany and has a forward by Kim Christy. Taschen is also mentioned again. Lots of great pictures and stories relating to ultra high heels. Most seem to have the shortened toe box in question. Hope this helps and you can find a copy. I found mine in the local book store, which I thought was unusual.

British manufacturer "Stiletto" make boots with short toe-boxes - sadly though the highest heel is only 5.5". They do make lovely thigh length boots however and their products can be bought on the UK High Street through outlets of the Shoe-Shed.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

All Further to my last message. We (I) are falling over ourselves to try and get hold of shoes such that are shown on the above web sites and books but of course it occured to me that these are fetish items that are 50 to 60 years old. Considering the very small number of producers of contempoary fetish footwear, what chance have we got of finding any examples of these nowadays. I have tried some research on listings of shoes and patterns from days past but as our society is so disposable i've found it hard to come up with anything of use. I am therfore interested in your thoughts on the extent of proliferation of these shoes in their hayday in the 1940s to 50s. Big D

All Further to my last message. We (I) are falling over ourselves to try and get hold of shoes such that are shown on the above web sites and books but of course it occured to me that these are fetish items that are 50 to 60 years old. Considering the very small number of producers of contempoary fetish footwear, what chance have we got of finding any examples of these nowadays. I have tried some research on listings of shoes and patterns from days past but as our society is so disposable i've found it hard to come up with anything of use. I am therfore interested in your thoughts on the extent of proliferation of these shoes in their hayday in the 1940s to 50s. Big D

• 5 years later...

Yes, unfortunately, that's true. I think they shut down business around 2001 or so. I got a pair of 20cm stiletto-heeled non-platform courts from them in 1999 when I was spending several months in the U.S.

@mskim61: What do you refer to? I know there's a book out there containing the 'Best of...' Bizarre etc. It has a blue/black-printed cover (as far as I remember...).

CU!

-Mike

Would you be able to put up pictures for them please? Thank you