oh what a day

shoefan76

hi all, just a quick line to tell you all about the wonderful time i had in heels over the week end, my girlfriend likes stock car racing and we sit in the grandstand so i dont need to wear any heavy outdoor coats, but i used to wear normal length jeans and boring trainers, but i got some long jeans that allow me to wear heels without people seeing a lot, i had found a pair of ankle boots with a 3 inch block heel and rounded toe so they looked quite normal, i was only concerned with the amount of stairs i had to climb with the risk of my jeans lifting up showing my heels off. i managed to drive from just down the road from our home to the track in the boots, i wondered around the pit area hoping that my boots were going to stay hidden as it was broad daylight and the first time i had ventured out in these boots, while walking through the pit area i saw quite a few of our racer friends and they didnt notice apart from one of my friends who noticed the boots and asked why i didnt have my trainers on i just replied they let in the water so i thought i would wear these for a change. inside the stadium i climbed 3 flights of stairs without showing any heel which made me happy and i just loved being able to go somewhere that we both enjoy doing while i was doing something that i loved doing. I am looking forward to going to the track again.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinheels -

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you had a good outing in your heels. Was your girl friend with you on this trip to the track? It wasnt quite clear in the post. If she was, what did she think of your boots?

I think you are way too concerned about someone seeing your heels. The main thing is that you like them and you are comfortable with how you look in them. If you are comfortable with your look, the confidence that gives you will show and no one will care that you like heels. It really is all about you having the confidence to wear what you like.

Thanks for the post. Now quit worrying and enjoy yourself.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Kinheels:-) It sounds like you had a great time at the races. Put your heels on, go out and do what you would normally do, and don't worry so much about it. The ankle boots with a 3" chunky heel and a rounded toe sounds like a perfect pair of boots to streetheel in anywhere. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

KinHeels

Way to go. Exactly the right approach. From your post, you apparently enjoyed wearing for the day. Broad daylight too. Its fun and now you will do it again and again. Don't worry about showing a bit of heel. no one will pick up on it.

As you didnt mention anything about your GF and her reaction to you wearing heels, I can only presume she doesn't mind.

I can understand the stairs thing and have had similar thoughts in the past. Having now been wearing these 3"+ block heeled boots and shoes,

Posted ImagePosted Image

3.25" Loafers from Tallgirls.co.uk - Boots from Next (no longer available)

Monday to Friday to work which includes customer home visits and only the guy in my petrol (Gas for you guys in the USA) station has mentioned and asked why the high heels. My reply was "They're comfortable" and that was that.

Best place to see what you look like when walking is usually supermarkets as they have large picture windows and you can see yourself in the reflection, then you will get a good idea of exactly how much heel you show, and anyway, having the trouser hem draging in the floor looks naff (IMHO) and ruins the trousers very quickly.

Welcome to the board and wear daily. It gets easier every day.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

yes my girlfriend was with me, she loved it as well, we had a good day out at racing. about 6 months ago i was helping a mate with his race car and i was i normal flat mens steel toe cap boots, while changing a wheel on the car i saw a pair of block heel knee high boots walk past, i took a closer look and saw a three quater length leather coat didnt think much of it and looked a bit higher and found the person to be male, he didnt bother hiding his boots he was wearing them over his jeans. i was suprised the guy didnt get any bad reactions due to the amount of very manly racers. all i thought was what a lucky guy to have the confidence to wear block heel knee high boots with at least a four inch heel in broad daylight in such an environment.

Kinheels -

It’s great that your girlfriend likes your heels. Having someone with you can be a great confidence builder. You seemed surprised that a guy could wear knee high boots in public and not get adverse reactions. Pardon me if I sound like I’m preaching but... this really is a head game.

You should decide what you want to wear the look at yourself in a full length mirror and be sure you like what you are seeing. You have to be (mentally) comfortable with your look. If you are comfortable with your look, the confidence to go out is almost automatic.

Most people really don’t care what you wear. Most that do care don’t say anything. Other than young girls, that tend to giggle a lot, no one will be bothered if you wear boots/heels. I have been wearing thigh boots in public for several years and I can count the negative reactions on one hand. The key to the whole thing is you projecting the confidence in what you are doing. People really do pick up on that.

If you go at it with a “hope that nobody notices” attitude, people will pick up on that and try to figure out what you are hiding. However, if you go at it with a “these are my shoes” attitude, people will accept it.

Sorry for the sermon. Now go out and enjoy yourself.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

mygirlfriends best mate called about a month ago and i had my four inch knee high boots on under regular length jeans, i took the phone (mobile) to my girlfriend who was on the computer but i forgot about the noisey heels and walked down the hallway ( wood floor) and didnt think that she would hear the heels, but she didnt say anything to me, but asked my girlfriend when i had gonedown stairs. an hour or so later we get a knock at the door, my girlfriend asked me to get the door i said about the boots but my girlfriend told me not to worry so i answered the door in my boots and got very positive feed back about my footwear. i was very happy with the way she advised me about how to go about things, she worked in a charity shop and asked what size i wear and told me she would keep an eye out at work for me. A few days later my girlfriend was invited over her friends house for a couple of drinks and i had to go with her, but not wearing my trainers so i wore my knee highs with longer trousers so i wouldnt get any funny looks in my boots as this would be the first time in nearly a year that i had been out in heels, when we got to her house we had to go to the local store round the corner from her house to get some bits from the shop, but thought it would be safer for me to wear some quieter boots that she had in the cupboard. we had a good evening talking and having a laughand thoroughly enjoyed the evening in my heels.

kinheels, I think you'll find that mature adults won't hassle you not matter what they may think. So wear them in good health.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Kinheels,

What Thighbootguy said is right on the money.

You should decide what you want to wear the look at yourself in a full length mirror and be sure you like what you are seeing. You have to be (mentally) comfortable with your look. If you are comfortable with your look, the confidence to go out is almost automatic.

and

The key to the whole thing is you projecting the confidence in what you are doing. People really do pick up on that.

Like TBG I am comfortable with the way I look, so I just go about my business. "Balls" doesn't enter into the equation.

I just hope many of the readers of this board take heart and do it. Best thing of all was coming out to my other half. She was a bit surprised, but as I was doing it, she accepted it and now doesn't quetion the heels, especially as I do go for the more masculine look well under trousers(pants) the toebox is a very masculine shape. Didn't stop me going shopping on Regents & Oxford Street at Christmas time in my Avatars, and that included a ride up and back again on the tube.

Funnily enough, my partner knew I was into heels, but thought it was just a watching thing. She hadnt (until yesterday) got any shoes with a heel higher than 3.5 inches. She wore those to work for a few months then a change of work suit meant she stopped wearing them as they didn't match. But yesterday, she needed a new pair of shoes for the weekend as she is going to stay with an old girlfriend this coming weekend. She got new trousers, but didn't have any nice shoes to wear with them, so passing the Dune shop she fell in love with these:-

Posted Image

They have a 4" heel and as she said "Just fit like a glove" "could wear these forever" and the usual girlie comments. Blimey I replied, your going to have to get used to those as the highest heel she normally wears is 2" and when you do, I'll have to wear mine just so you dont tower over me :D:wink:

Oh, I forgot to ask, your 4" knee boots, what sort of heel to they have? It must have been very nice for you to have her friend being so OK with your appearance.

Happy days.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

just for the record they are block heel, it was the first pair of knee highs i have purchased, they have got a fairly square toe area with slightly rounded corners, i love driving my car in them and they are comfy. the other day my girlfriends mates car broke down at home and she was due to come over to see us so i went out in the car to get her and put my boots on but forgot i had the shorter jeans on but that didnt stop me going out in them. when i got to her she asked me to remove a boot as she had something for me, i removed my boot and was handed a carrier bag with some red slip on sandals she told me to try them and if they fit me i was welcome to have them, which they did. when i think back a few years before i got with my girlfriend i did do shoes but never on te streets, i used to go out for drives in the countryside and i hate to say this but walk around the muddy lanes and bridle ways which are very rare the cleanest place to try some nice boots/shoes with normal lenghth jeans which was a buzz for me but i was always on edge wondering if i was ever going to meet somebody. but if i knew then what i know now i need not have worried.

>> i took a closer look and saw a three quater length leather coat didnt think much of it and looked a bit higher and found the person to be male, <<

Now, that could have been Xaphod, who occasionally frequents these forums....

you can go to www.photobucket.com and register for an account.

Posted Image

This is a sample image I made, showing what you can do. You can add multiple pictures to the internet at once, you get a preview of your picture, and for posting on hhplace and most other forums, you just copy the text in the "Img" box then paste it in as your reply to a thread. Does all the work for you. I love how simple yet dynamic it is.

(and yes, those heels are mine :D)

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

>> i took a closer look and saw a three quater length leather coat didnt think much of it and looked a bit higher and found the person to be male, <<

Now, that could have been Xaphod, who occasionally frequents these forums....

Nope, not me this time.

Xa

danielle, thanks for the assistance regarding how i go about putting pictures on the site, i was going to start uploading them this morning but had to go out, i will try and get them sorted so i can show people what i have got and which ones i wear when telling my news. thanks once again, kinheels

hi, sorry but i messed up the link in the previous message here it is again

http//photobucket.com/albums/f156/kinheels

hope it works kinheels

Hi kinheels,

this link can't never function. The hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) is expecting a double point after your "http". Every picture link in the internet must have this format

[tag]http://address of the pic[/tag]

The "tag" may be "URL" or "IMG". "URL" needs to be clicked on by the user. "IMG" should be displayed immediately. But every bracket and every slash is necesssary. The orthography rules in the internet are brutal, no minor failure is tolerated. Your syntax seems to me compatible with the internet rules but nevertheless I can't see your link. There must be a fault in your address or a fault of your provider.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

hi all,

i have finally sorted the link for my photobucket album which is as follows

http://photobucket.com/albums/f156/kinheels

here are the picture numbers in the album that i mentined in the thread

the ones i wore at wimbledon are......7d782417.jpg

and the knee high boots i answered the door in are......85cc6e50.jpg

hope you like the pictures, apologies if the pictures are not very good but im no david bailey lol

kinheels

fixed

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

robert, thanks for the nice comments about my collection, i started my collection about four years ago so i very much doubt you would be lucky enough to find them anywhere. im glad you had a look at my pictures hope to upload more pictures to the album in the near future but i will let people know when i have done the upload. cheers kinheels

kinheels: You have two identical pairs of heels as me! Why I find that so intriguing, I don't know, but they are these and these.

I plan to make a gallery or two of my shoes and boots (partly to show my lovely heels, and partly to sell what I don't wear), but blimey, you have loads. If only I had a better job that paid a decent wage. Then again, I don't work that many hours, so I'd have less time enjoying them, and more time spent paying for them. :D