What to wear under boots

lil_becs

I am not goth but I find that most of my shoe collection is black. In a distant second place comes brown and then there is only a light smattering of white, red, silver or other colors ...... I know black is easy to match with everything but perhaps I need to go shopping for more colors. Is it like that with everyone else too? Mainly black, then brown and few other colors?

Yes, I hear about the key aluminum ingredients in antipersparents too and how it may have that cause. I've always just gotten away with body spray, perfume, and lotions. Luckily, I don't sweat much since i work in an office all day where it's ALWAYS cold!!

What temperature do they set the air conditioning at in your office?

What temperature do they set the air conditioning at in your office?

It is around 65F degrees outside but our office climate control is set to 70F year round. It is interesting how in January, with our office climate control at a set 70F, women will wear thick turtleneck sweaters with wool skirts, pantyhose and high heeled boots to work while in July, with the temperature at 70F, women will wear halter tops, the thinnest cotton skirts you can imagine and flip flops to work.

Today, I have on a crisp white top with a darker color silk blend skirt. On my legs I have on two pairs of skin tone pantyhose to prevent runs and a pair of tan, almost skin tone knee high leather boots with a thin heel. It almost looks like I have on a white top, a dark skirt and nothing else because my pantyhose and boots are skin tone and without a close up inspection, it looks like my legs are bare.

Do you guys think this look is too sexy for the office?

It is around 65F degrees outside but our office climate control is set to 70F year round. It is interesting how in January, with our office climate control at a set 70F, women will wear thick turtleneck sweaters with wool skirts, pantyhose and high heeled boots to work while in July, with the temperature at 70F, women will wear halter tops, the thinnest cotton skirts you can imagine and flip flops to work.

I also notice that at my office too. People tend to dress a lot more according to the temperatures outside and a lot less for the temperature inside the office. I take it because that is because there is a much wider fluctuation in the outside temperature for the human body, be it too hot or too cold and the office is set at a temperature that most people feel comfortable at. Unless of course you are working in a lab environment, then the temperature is set so that the bio cultures get the best yield :)

Today, I have on a crisp white top with a darker color silk blend skirt. On my legs I have on two pairs of skin tone pantyhose to prevent runs and a pair of tan, almost skin tone knee high leather boots with a thin heel. It almost looks like I have on a white top, a dark skirt and nothing else because my pantyhose and boots are skin tone and without a close up inspection, it looks like my legs are bare.

Do you guys think this look is too sexy for the office?

Great look!!! You look like you are covered up on top but are completely bare below your skirt for the long bare legs appearance until people look closer to see your heels to discover that you are actually far from bare below the waist. You are also quite a tease :wave:

To Hanna, no I don’t think that’s an overly ‘sexy’ look to go to work in. It all depends on the context. If everyone else was dressed like Old Mother Hubbard, you’d stand out, but looking at what young women wear in many workplaces these days, it could even seem quite conservative! Stroll through any town centre at lunchtime on a weekday (as I enjoy doing, in the tradition of the flaneur) and one can see young women on their lunch breaks who would not look out of place on a fashion catwalk.

I wish my office was a steady temperature. It’s a bit cold on the winter mornings, and some of us have brought electric heaters in. On the other hand, the radiators are hot on warmer days, especially in May. Now we’re in June, the heating seems to be off, finally. But it does mean one can never quite be sure what climate one will encounter at work.

Alexa

Alexa, do you know what the temperature range is for your office usually? I have visited clients and it is interesting. I have seen office temperatures range from a chilly +16C to a hot +30C. Of course, I hope some of those temperatures are due to equipment malfunctions as such temperatures are not conductive to work.

I'm not sure what the temperature range is in the office. I'd need to bring a thermometer in. It just fels a bit chilly on the January mornings and a bit too hot on the afternoon of sunny days in May. I'm not too bothered - I just add layers or peel them off as need be. Alexa

I know at one of the clients offices I visited, it was an office with younger employees. The guys managed to over ride the master thermostat control and tried to crank up the temperature in the office that December hoping to get the girls in the office to start peeling off their layers of clothes hahaha