To swagger or not

hjt101

Do you feel your stride is more feminine or masculine in heels?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel your stride is more feminine or masculine in heels?

I have been out sreet heeling a few times. I am out of town on a business trip and brought along a pair of heeled boots to use. It is the first time I have gone out during daylight hours wearing them. When I am out strolling around, I find I have a differnt swagger to my walk as when i am wearing flats. I think it is more feminine walk. How does it affect your stride?

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

If you watch men and women walking, the majority of men walk differently to the majority of women. Having said this, around 10% of each walk in a similar way to the opposite sex. When a man is in heels, especially with narrow heels, he does walk in a more feminine way. This is not always the same as a woman in heels, but is noticable to someone observant. If you set out to create this effect, rest assured you will be noticed, not always favourably. This is just my opinion and may not be shared by everyone here.

totter along into history

The higher the heel the more swing in the swagger, lower the heel less swing in the swagger.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I wouldn't like to walk like a woman in heels, they are much better at it and usually have the figure to get away with swaying their bodies also. I like to develop my own way of walking in heels which is more to the masculine side. That's also safer if you're not really interested in getting noticed too much. The nicest thing about being high heeled is that it forces you to have a different, more upright posture, which in my case is also good for my back. Us guys do have a tendency to stroll around, leaning a bit forward with an arched back. The moment I do that while being heeled I'm sure I'll fall. An extra bonus is that this upright posture makes me look more confident and therefore I feel more confident also. Personally, on the streets, the easiest way to walk in my high heeled stiletto boots is when I put my hands in my pockets, either trousers or jacket. This might sound strange but when my arms are moving around freely, this causes inbalance which makes the walk more difficult and putting my hands in my pockets looks more masculine also I think.

i agree the heels force smaller steps which is more dainty looking than heavy strides you associate with a male walk however i agree that the rest of body movements eg hands in pockets can create masculine appearences with a more feminine walk this your own style really daz

Hi! I'd say it's more feminine. One of my female coworkers discovered my heel wearing as she walked right behind me one day when leaving the company in the afternoon. She didn't notice the shoes in the first place but my 'unusual' way of walking. That drew her focus and she the asked me about the shoes I wore... CU! -Mike

While I feel that my walk is largely masculine, I think there is a feminine bit imposed by the heels. I've had one woman tell me she found my hip subtle hip swing rather attractive.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have been out sreet heeling a few times. I am out of town on a business trip and brought along a pair of heeled boots to use. It is the first time I have gone out during daylight hours wearing them. When I am out strolling around, I find I have a differnt swagger to my walk as when i am wearing flats. I think it is more feminine walk.

How does it affect your stride?

Hi hit101,

at first my congratulations for your outdoor trip :wink:

I voted for "feminine" because in my opinion high heels need another style of walking. In my opinion the typical male straddle-legged style doesn't match to high heels. I don't place my feet criss-cross like the models on a catwalk but I like to place my feet one before the other.

nice greetings

micha

PS: may be that this is the reason why the young turkish macho guys in my neighbourhood are shouting "Schwuchtel" (= pansy) across the street. I have lost any respect for the immigrated muslims in my country. They are leading in my personal statistics 30:1 against the rest of the world concerning stupid insults :D But this is another theme ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

have been accused of having a subtle hip sway by a friend when not in heels, tho i must admit i do it anyway sometimes when walking along holding something in my hands or even just without realising i am doing it. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Hi!

And the reaction was...

... Positive! "Your heels are pretty high!" She said. I lifted the trousers' leg a bit to show what I really wore (5" platform boots). "Wow - that's really high!". Personally, I didn't think it was that tall but from her point of view on a guy? Yeah, that could explain it. She thought it was fun but not strange. Of course, there was the usual questions as well: "Why are you doing this?" etc. I explained that I have big crush for high heels and that's it. Then I turned the thing 'round and asked her (I've already seen her wearing 3.5" blade-heeled boots herself) why then she would do it: "... because my boy-friend wants me to do so...". - 'kay, not exactly what I wanted to hear but in the end it was quite some fun having a conversation like this on THE topic... ;o)

CU!

-Mike

• 2 years later...

I don't call it the swagger. Instead, to me it is the high heel strut. Walking in tall heels, I do it without thinking, as the shoes take over my feet. The high heel strut makes me feel taller, more hip, and much more attractive to women. Believe it or not, the high heel strut is a chick magnet, that makes the women take notice. I use this for all it is worth.

Extending your stride. the high heel causes a certain strut. The feminine version of the strut is almost a wobble. The wider your hips, the more women will wobble in heels. Men who wobble, as opposed to strutting, would not be attractive. Hear that men? Don't wobble.:w00t2: Strut!:lmao: Hint: Think Travolta in Sat N. Fever:thumbsup:

The higher heel cause smaller steps which is more feminine.

Wearing a tight corset will cause your hips to sway, whether you are wearing heels or not.

Latextex is right, when combined with a corset you get quite a bit of a feminine sway in your hips. I've tried it as well. It is as if everything pivots about your waist, so your hips sway, you take small steps, your legs look longer, feet smaller, not to mention you have a more curvy appearance with the smaller waist and your butt pushed out.

• 3 weeks later...

My natural stride is one foot in front of the other - maybe with the toe falling 1 inch one side or the other of the straight line defining my path. In heels (my usualy 5" peaser oxfords) it's pretty much the same. maybe a little tighter to the line because of the smaller steps. When I've tried loosening the hips to swagger - first the hands have to swing out a bit - and I think that alone makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Exaggerate the swagger with a bit of a crossover step and it feels just a little silly on me.

I notice that I do take shorter steps wearing high heels. A female friend of mine told me that I "play" my high heels when I walk in them. I asked her what she ment and she said I change my stride and steps when wearing high heels and some times I take deliberate steps just so my high heels will make a sound on the pavement or floor. She said it was like I was trying to show off the fact that I was wearing high heels...and I probably was.

My gate doesn't change. I walk the same when wearing high heels or lower heels. Only difference is that my knuckles don't drage on the ground as much when wearing higher heels....:w00t2:;-):lmao:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To quote secondtake "My best female friend says she likes walking with me in heels because it is easier for her to keep up." I've received that that compliment twice now and I love it. It does keep me back with my lady. and the second time was from my daughter in law last night.:w00t2: I've watched my shadow and there is a more fem swing to it not that its created on purpose. I think johnieheel is quite correct in his last statement there is very little difference just the heel height. Al

I know that my gait changes from masculine to feminine when I'm in heels, however, I would descibe said gait as more "sway" than "swagger" as in how my hips sway back and forth when I walk. When I'm in heels, I walk slower, my feet straight ahead, my posture is straighter and I take smaller steps. As for my hips swaying when I walk, I don't know if that's a conscious or subconscious act, nor do I really care, I just do what I do, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!