Firearms, NFA specific

Any way....Here is my choice of firearms entertainment.

A Sig Sauer P229 S/W .40 sub compact.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fun to use, not rally good for training, is the Shoot N C target, bullet goes through hole turns green.

Posted Image

Clay pigeons are good for target practice, laid on the ground or you use a skeet shooter to roll them in front of you.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of thermal vids I took as an experiment.

Hoverfly: I was hitting clay pidgeons at 565 yards, they are fun :wink:

So is tannerite, if you check out my other youtube vids you'll see us cutting a tree in half with some.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Oy! How the heck do you handle a MAC with Colt .45 ACP rounds on full auto? A grease and Tommy gun are bigger than an MAC. I have fired a P220 .45 ACP and that has a bit of kick a bit more than my P 229 .40 and both of them with my skinny arms I have to relocate my sights with each round! Though it may be a bit easear to handle when you have a stock... As for the IR stuff, Cool! Blowing up a tree, cool!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hehehe, thanks! As for handling, the mac has a bit of weight to it, so you just kinda start off below where you want the rounds to hit and squeeze quickly, if you practice you can get 2-3 shots off every pull of the trigger, you get used to leaning into it. I actually have one suppressor mfg interested in the vids I took, curious if I can refine my vid setup and get specific information. The tannerite we used to cut a tree down is interesting stuff, sold commercially as a binary composition that you mix to make exploding targets. A friend of mine figured out the mix and we tried some at his place (the vid), but unfortunatly a neighbor thought he was lighting off pipe bombs and threatened to call the police. The mix is odd, doesnt ignite with a flame, and requires very high velocity to set it off.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, it's only been 7 months since this thread's been active but I figured I'd post some updates. I've been able to take my bolt action rifle to a 1000 yard range 2x in this time. My last trip I was able to hit a 8" steel plate at 1000 yards consecutivly 3 times. Thats not bad for me since I'm not using a benchrest, and I've yet to get some long distance training. I am glad to see my handloads are quite consistant, and am very happy with them. Here is the rifle.

Posted Image

In case someones wondering its a Remington 700P with HS-Precision 10 round mag, AWC Spectrum-90 suppressor, and the wrap on the can is to reduce mirage caused by the heat of the suppressor.

A customer of ours invited me to a shoot on some private land, a friend of his recently purchased a M-60, so I linked up some cheap .308 rounds I had left over. Could be interesting.

Thats about it, been too busy to get to the range much, and the bolt actions been my prefered item (I'll try to avoid saying toy) since it's not only testing my own ability, but also my ability to load consistent rounds for it.

Also, I've yet to test my theory on shooting prone when wearing ballet boots. Will let ya know if I get to give it a shot. hehe

Hey guys, it's only been 7 months since this thread's been active but I figured I'd post some updates. I've been able to take my bolt action rifle to a 1000 yard range 2x in this time. My last trip I was able to hit a 8" steel plate at 1000 yards consecutivly 3 times. Thats not bad for me since I'm not using a benchrest, and I've yet to get some long distance training. I am glad to see my handloads are quite consistant, and am very happy with them. Here is the rifle.

Posted Image

In case someones wondering its a Remington 700P with HS-Precision 10 round mag, AWC Spectrum-90 suppressor, and the wrap on the can is to reduce mirage caused by the heat of the suppressor.

A customer of ours invited me to a shoot on some private land, a friend of his recently purchased a M-60, so I linked up some cheap .308 rounds I had left over. Could be interesting.

Thats about it, been too busy to get to the range much, and the bolt actions been my prefered item (I'll try to avoid saying toy) since it's not only testing my own ability, but also my ability to load consistent rounds for it.

Also, I've yet to test my theory on shooting prone when wearing ballet boots. Will let ya know if I get to give it a shot. hehe

A 1000 yards? That's more than 1/2 mile! I haven't seen a need for that kind of shooting since I left Yellowstone some years back. 8) BTW, if you're firing prone, the footgear makes no difference.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

GNH: Yes, but wearing ballet boots might be more fun. When sitting at the concrete bench firing from a bipod I suspect footwear wouldnt matter much either. While I have a pair of tactical boots I use for work as well as a pair of military style boots I tend to avoid wearing them at the range since it's friggen hot down here. I'm much more comfortable in a light t-shirt, shorts, and sneakers then pants (jean or cammo)/etc. Although it does make me giggle when I see guys show up like they just got outfitted by the military, but obviously are not. I have met and talked to a few active duty guys at the range. I've also run into our city's SWAT snipers testing out their new rifles. I thought them shooting playing cards in the movie SWAT was just b/s.. but they were doing it also. Nice people, saw a few of em in my neighborhood recently but I figured I didnt need to say hi, as they were dealing with someone baracaded in their house.

• 9 months later...

As a further follow-on to my previous follow-on, a Prince George's County cop has just been suspended - with pay - while they investigate why he shot two unarmed men who were delivering furniture to his house. Both of the furniture men are presently in the hospital in ICU. :thumbsup: Would you care to ask the family members of the victims if the cop should be drawing pay while he is suspended?

I just noticed the date on this post and so it's past time to update the story. The police officer was tried and convicted of voluntary manslaughter. There were further complications when a body search prior to him being transported to jail revealed that he had somehow managed to conceal a key to his handcuffs on his person. I don't remember if that infraction drew extra time for him or not. Nevertheless, a few years in prison is still a pretty light sentence for someone who has willfully destroyed a human life.

Now for the BIG NEWS!

The US Supreme Court has overturned the Washington D.C. firearms ban as a violation of the US 2nd Amendment!

While I don't usually have nice things to say about our 9 member black-robed oligarchy, this time they got it right! :smile: Not that I think that the world will be a safer place with more people deciding to arm themselves, but the original amendment pretty specifically states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms, "...shall not be infringed." Yet for over a century it has been the policy of governments at all levels, all across America to greatly infringe the ownership/posession of firearms. Well I say that a return to constitutional law is long overdue. Anyone that doesn't agree with what the Constitution has to say has the right to start the amendment process and get whatever changes incorporated that they think is appropriate. But unless and until someone actually gets the Constitution changed, we need to uphold the law. Now that the Supreme Court has made its decision, maybe we can start being sensible about the matter instead of having every: local-yokel cop; DA; judge; mayor; and magistrate coming up with his own ideas of how we should deal with the matter of handguns and firearms. Now maybe we can have 1 law instead of about 10000.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Ironically, the majority opinion of the Supreme Court in yesterday's decision was that the right to bare and keep arms was in existence prior to the Revolution and is a residual right left over from our British ancestors. Just thought I would throw that in and see where it goes...

Style is built from the ground up!

When a criminal breaks into a house to robb or mugg or whatever a family and a guy pulls a pistol out and shoots the guy who was it that was looking (intenting) to do harm to the other. The homeowner was minding his own business and then had to protect his family he was not going down the street looking for someone to shoot. Gun control laws make it easier for people to become victims, the criminals aren't going to abide by the laws even if they exist. They aren't going to go oh crap this gun is illegal to use I guess I can't use it for this robbery...

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana, and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive. It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest. Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news? An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two illegal immigrants.......and she wins, she is still alive. Now that is Gun Control!

Just thought I'd throw this in.

real men wear heels

As I've possessed a license to legally carry a concealed firearm on my person for longer that I care to remember, I agree with johnnieheel. When the government makes it a crime to possess a firearm, only criminals will own guns. Our Supreme Court made the correct decision. And, as pertains to a lot of other things that transpire here in the USA, this issue is purely an "American" issue and, while I would expect the decision to evoke a great deal of interest from around the world, it only affects those of us that live in the United States. (By the way, the right to own arms isn't the only "Constitutionally guaranteed Right that left leaning liberals have tried to "take away" from us.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

(By the way, the right to own arms isn't the only "Constitutionally guaranteed Right that left leaning liberals have tried to "take away" from us.)

Oh, Bubba136...this is what is truly an American attitude...resort to polarization, name calling, and over simplification...

If you read Mr. Scalia's opinion, it states, and I am paraphrasing, that the right to bare arms is not absolute. The case simply states that a local government could not issue a ban on firearms and it does not extend to all regulation of firearms. So any threat to 2nd amendment rights don't come from the left, unless Mr. Scalia has had a true change of heart.

My point is, simply make an informed statement without grabbing onto name calling.

Style is built from the ground up!

yeah, i dont expect anyone from america to come over and shoot me, except for my shoe collection AND if they have tiny feet. Over here the instances of gun crime against those who dont have their own guns is pretty low. Its mainly as acknowledged publicly, so not me having a pop, black on black crime. We have bull terriers who bite the b'stards instead.... Go on, ban guns and make happy movies instead.

Look, HappyFeet, my comments were generic. I wasn't calling names. I wasn't addressing any one specifically. Only a group (class) of people. And, if it wasn't "left leaning liberals" that were trying to control firearms, who was it? It surely wasn't conservatives or members of the NRA, now, was it? (I honestly can't remotely see where you would get the idea that I was addressing you -- unless, perhaps, you took it personally because you are one of the group I was describing? Besides, I really don't care if you find my comments offensive. My comments are my opinion and my opinion only!) However, in the final analysis, this decision -- no matter how you try to "out think" the 5 Justices in the majority -- is that the "framers" of our Constitution unequivocally established, in simple plane English language of the period, that it was a basic" right of the people to own a gun and keep it in their homes. A "basic right" -- a guaranteed right -- is what it said and you that dissented (the four justices that voted in the minority) can't amend or remove that right without going through the "amendment" process that is also set forth in the Constitution. Just because Justice Scalia also mentioned that there were circumstances where the government could deny the right to own a firearm to certain people, doesn't alter the fact that the government can't arbitrarily remove this right from the entire population just because they believe it is "wrong" to own a firearm. I have a copy of this opinion saved no my computer and would be happy to email it to you, should you wish to delve into it further. I also will send a copy of the "The Constitution of the United States of America" to you should you wish to "read" it. It is short, simply worded and easy to understand. You shouldn't find it difficult reading.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hijacking my thread back to its original topic,

Hmmm.

B/S politics aside, how did you get on?

I'm told that muzzle (verses over-barrel) designs produce much better results. If there's some professional interest in the results, were these measured? Volume is an obvious one.

Rather than energy responses recorded by thermal changes. I would have thought recording air-wave movement might have been more useful?

I find the whole subject of sound moderators, absolutely fascinating. :thumbsup:

Butte, Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana, and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive. It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest. Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news? An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two illegal immigrants.......and she wins, she is still alive. Now that is Gun Control!

Just thought I'd throw this in.

:thumbsup::smile:

While the destruction of human life is deplorable, law-abiding citizens need the ability to properly defend themselves. Why the news media has such an abiding fear of an armed public is really beyond me.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Because they are in the pocket of the people who would see the UN milleium act and the one world order signed into law.

IF you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns. Criminals only care about gun control laws because it makes their chosen life easier.

As the old Texas saying goes an armed society is a polite society.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Look folks, if you outlaw guns here in the U.S., even your individual rights to even wear High Heels will be theatened because our constitution and consequently all of our individulal rights will be threatened!!! YOU do not want a man like AKMODINAJHAD in power, Our COMMUNITY will hunted down and shot BECAUSE THE EXTREME MUSSLIMS think that we are Gay And they hunt down anyone that is different and kill them!!! I say Keep America the way it always has been and REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIVE LONG AND ENJOY LIFE!!! I'M ALSO A REDNECK AS WELL AS A METROSEXUAL AND EVEN AN EXTREME OUTDOORSMAN AS WELL AS AN EXTREME HETROSEXUAL!!! I SAY FREE RIGHTS FOR ALL!!! LOOK!!! My Fashion sense may border on Feminity eventhough I donnot wear womens high or spike heels. I enjoy alot of styles and BRANDS of womens jeans, capri pants, lowrise short shorts, Evev miniskirts, and especialy SHOES which are more of the UNISEX variety such as Ballerinas, CLOGS, sandals, Sneekers, and even work and sport boots and shoes!!! I have a short TORSO which makes theese styles more practical!!!

Nick65, why not post a picture of yourself. The old saying is that one picture is worth a thousand words......then we'll all know what you are trying to describe. :thumbsup:

Well, I Tried and I don't know what to do, but, you'll all find that I'm really just an ordinary average guy that is into my job, my hobbies, ALTENATIVE FASHION, Very much the opposite sex, The out doors (hunting, fishing, trapping, and camping, as well as gardening) all in the Adirondacks here in northeastern New York!!!

At least the Supreme Court has ruled in our favor (on guns that is).:thumbsup: I know this is from NPR and there has to be other stories out there with less of a liberal (Yuck nasty word) slant but here is the link anyway. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91993779

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Look folks, if you outlaw guns here in the U.S., even your individual rights to even wear High Heels will be theatened because our constitution and consequently all of our individulal rights will be threatened!!! YOU do not want a man like AKMODINAJHAD in power, Our COMMUNITY will hunted down and shot BECAUSE THE EXTREME MUSSLIMS think that we are Gay And they hunt down anyone that is different and kill them!!! I say Keep America the way it always has been and REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIVE LONG AND ENJOY LIFE!!!

...I SAY FREE RIGHTS FOR ALL!!!

:thumbsup:

I quite agree. All of our freedoms hang together. There is no such thing as infringing an individual right without endangering all of our freedoms. Also whenever any individual freedoms are threatened anywhere, the reality is that our freedoms are threatened everywhere! This is just one of the reasons why I wouldn't vote for OBAMADINAJHAD. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

:thumbsup:

I quite agree. All of our freedoms hang together. There is no such thing as infringing an individual right without endangering all of our freedoms. Also whenever any individual freedoms are threatened anywhere, the reality is that our freedoms are threatened everywhere! This is just one of the reasons why I wouldn't vote for OBAMADINAJHAD. :smile:

Or Billary Clinton

real men wear heels

Hmmm.

I'm told that muzzle (verses over-barrel) designs produce much better results. If there's some professional interest in the results, were these measured? Volume is an obvious one.

Rather than energy responses recorded by thermal changes. I would have thought recording air-wave movement might have been more useful?

I find the whole subject of sound moderators, absolutely fascinating. :thumbsup:

I would assume the muzzle mounted cans are a more efficient use of space/weight VS over barrel designs as it's very dificult to do a 180 degree change in direction of the gas flow. I feel it's better to use turbulance and surface area to slow the gas's and absorb heat which will reduce the impulse noise.

I don't have the expencive testing equipment the pro's use, so I just have to contemplate designs on paper and in my head :smile: