It's hell getting old

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As a new subscriber, I want to add my thought. I am now above sixty and still wearing my 4" heels. How long the luxury of it all will go on, I do not know. I will say that when I was thirty-five I would have never believed I'd stiil be able to don my 4" heels as a senior citizen. My how times change for the better.

Hi Pamvdoe, Welcome to the forum. As someone similar in age to yourself, I hope to enjoy a good many more posts from you! Thank you for being here.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi Pamvdoe,

Welcome to the forum. As someone similar in age to yourself, I hope to enjoy a good many more posts from you! Thank you for being here.

Ditto for me. :wavey::sad: We look forward to hearing more from you.

As for me, I'm on my way back to the hospital this morning. :smile: They're, no doubt, going to make up for my hiatus through Father's Day.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm back from the hospital. 2 days of around the clock procedures can be very taxing. :sad::smile: But they finally patched me back up and, with the help of some friends, I made good my escape. Believe me, there's no place like home.:wavey:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm back from the hospital again. I must have really been a "bad boy", 'cause this time they didn't even offer me a room with air conditioning. But, God be praised, I managed to survive and, after 5 days, made good my escape. Believe me, there's no place like home.8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Dear Guy N. Heels, get well soon mate and get them heels on the street soon again!! Best wishes !!

Thanks for the pep talk, but they can't cure what I've got. I might get better, but I'll never get well. But the up side is that they have finally managed to put a line in me that puts a stop to all the stabbing, jabbing, sticking, and pricking. :unsure: Now I don't get back home from the hospital looking like I've taken the worst end of a barroom brawl. I'm also going to insist that they erase all references to "pin-cushion" from my hospital records. 8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Nooo, it's not hell getting old, it's a blessing!8) I've said many times on these forums that I'm a very fortunate woman. I know it, I appreciate it, and I'm eternally thankful. I've witnessed the struggles, hurt, and tragedies of too many people, old, young, man, and woman. All through the misfortunes of natural disaster, accident, health, and the despicable behavior of others. I've witnessed the wonders and beauty of my Lord's creation. I've witnessed the wonderful spirit, unselfish personal sacrifice, and giving by so many people of this land. On a wall in one of the hospitals my late husband and I often visited during his battle with cancer are inscribed the words, "For what do we live if it is not to make life a little easier for someone else". Until the day he passed away he never lost his spirit and he never quit giving. He taught me the meaning of life. Today I have another wonderful man in my life. He lost his wife to cancer. We both share the same heartaches, lifting spirit, emotions, deep values, and look forward to all the wonders we've yet to experience. We both know how truely fortunate we are to have had so much in our lives. My husband plays the piano with a talent I admire and cherish. We have a wonderful home overlooking a large beautiful lake in the foot hills of the mountains. When I finish this post he's promised to play for me. The view of the lake and mountains through the glass wall backed by his music. The music from Westside Story (Maria, Tonight, and others) or whatever we wish to share. This week I will continue to give to the few men, women, and children I can reach who can't defend or protect themselves. It is the very least I can do in return for all that I have. It's my choice and I've made it. I know the meaning of life. Nooo, it's not hell getting old, it's a blessing! Susan

Nooo, it's not hell getting old, it's a blessing!:unsure:

I've said many times on these forums that I'm a very fortunate woman. I know it, I appreciate it, and I'm eternally thankful.

...I've witnessed the wonders and beauty of my Lord's creation. I've witnessed the wonderful spirit, unselfish personal sacrifice, and giving by so many people of this land.

...Today I have another wonderful man in my life. He lost his wife to cancer. We both share the same heartaches, lifting spirit, emotions, deep values, and look forward to all the wonders we've yet to experience. We both know how truely fortunate we are to have had so much in our lives.

My husband plays the piano with a talent I admire and cherish. We have a wonderful home overlooking a large beautiful lake in the foot hills of the mountains. When I finish this post he's promised to play for me. The view of the lake and mountains through the glass wall backed by his music. The music from Westside Story (Maria, Tonight, and others) or whatever we wish to share.

...Nooo, it's not hell getting old, it's a blessing!

Susan

Then by all means, rejoice and count your abundant blessings. :boxing: There are any number of people who would be willing to stake everything on one meaningful relationship (like you have mentioned)with a worthwhile mate.

As for me, well they haven't dragged me out to stone me - YET; but my blesssings assume other forms. Christ has blessed me in ways that I never expected, including an all expense paid 12 week visit to Hawaii (which I could never have afforded on my own). No matter what happens - I'll always have 12 weeks in paradise to remember.

As for my bone cancer - it just is. I neither welcome it nor do I bemoan it (although I do bemoan the effects of some of the treatments I must undergo). My lord Jesus Christ called Lazerus out of the grave and my condition ain't nearly that bad yet! Furthermore, He's promised to heal me, and so all I have to do is await His fulfillment of that promise!

But I think that the main thrust of this thread is to point out the fact that old age ain't for weaklings or sissies. After about age 50 or so, a great number of things just don't work like they once did. After about age 60 the average person can readily see, not only that things no longer work well, but furthermore, there's little hope of restoring matters to their previous working condition. Even the scriptures speak to these matters in the 12th chapter of Ecclesiastes. Since that book was written some 3000 years ago, this is hardly a news flash.

Old age is a blessing? Live well and you should be able to make a very good case for it! 8)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 3 weeks later...

*I try not to measure my life by the number of breaths I've taken but rather by the experiences that have taken my breath away* It's through those "experiences" that I've learned to cherish the life and abundant blessings I have. Guy N Heels, somewhere on this thread someone said age is a state of mind. To a point, I have to agree. 8) Susan

*I try not to measure my life by the number of breaths I've taken but rather by the experiences that have taken my breath away*

It's through those "experiences" that I've learned to cherish the life and abundant blessings I have.

Guy N Heels, somewhere on this thread someone said age is a state of mind. To a point, I have to agree. :unsure:

Susan

Beyond certain physical limitations, age is a state of mind. I once had a whale of a lot of fun with someone twice my age, and I've seen people half my age who might make me say, "Gee, I sure hope I'm not that way when I get old." 8)

There are studies and statistics that support the notion that people with a faith or a belief in a higher power: a] tend to have a happier and more wholesome outlook on life; b] tend to live longer and healthier lives, c] tend to survive much better in extreme adversity (POW's, concentration camps, shipwreck, etc.), c] seem to be more personable and are generally more enjoyable to be around.

I happen to believe in the God of Creation. I have no problems that He and I together are unable to overcome. :boxing:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 3 weeks later...

*I try not to measure my life by the number of breaths I've taken but rather by the experiences that have taken my breath away*

Susan

Susan, to have known and loved you is, indeed, one of those experiences that has "taken my breath away"

JSpikeheels

(you'll remember me as Jim from Jenny's)

I'll second Susan's suggestion of getting together again on a Saturday night in Jenny's chat room. We did used to have some great times during those sessions. 8)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I, for one, am glad to see that Susan stilll checks in on this forum, still makes the effort to post from time to time. Thank you, Susan! It would be great if we could rejuvinate the friendly, lively chat from the past. Add my second to that of Bubba's above.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello RC The seasons are changing, the light of day is shorter, and the mountain breeze has a bit of a nip. From my window, the perfect reflection on the lake at mornings first light is my Heaven on earth. Yes, growing old is a blessing. I looked in on "Spinchat" this evening. It was quiet. Maybe I was late. FRIENDS never leave us, we just grow older. Through that we tend to cherish that which we've had. :smile: Susan

We were there shortly before 11 pm EST last night, Susan. Perhaps you had already logged out. Sorry we missed you. But, we'll cross paths again soon.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I usually take a quick peek in there around "7-ish"( EDT) on Saturday evenings like in the old days to see if anyone has started it up...don't usually go in to stay with all the "drive-bys" who just want to find out your A/S/L... ...and who have no interest in our topic...or our company.. JS

• 5 months later...

Well, I have driven the same 5-speed manual Toyota Supra for 18 years now, and still love it! And I am still doing ballroom dancing competitions with a beautiful 23 year old girl. And I love my high heels, which she knows about, and which my two closest female friends (both younger than me) know about.

I try to ignore age as much as possible.

BobHH...

Great sentiment. I too have enjoyed ballroom dancing, though never competitively. And no matter how old, there is truly the joy of wearing high heels. And when you can share that joy, it's even better.

The Toyota is now over 20 and in almost perfect condition. The ballroom dancing competitions are tougher than ever because more people of every age are competing than just a few years ago, thanks to Dancing With The Stars. My current pro partner for the Pro-Am competitions is a little over 1/3 my age, and my partner for amateur competitions and social dancing is a university student, and about the closest thing to a girl friend right now. She is often mistaken for a teen-ager. And I am probably the oldest member of this site. But neither of these girls knows about my high heels. The other females I referred to before (but now three) are still around and know.

The Toyota is now over 20 and in almost perfect condition. The ballroom dancing competitions are tougher than ever because more people of every age are competing than just a few years ago, thanks to Dancing With The Stars. My current pro partner for the Pro-Am competitions is a little over 1/3 my age, and my partner for amateur competitions and social dancing is a university student, and about the closest thing to a girl friend right now. She is often mistaken for a teen-ager.

And I am probably the oldest member of this site. But neither of these girls knows about my high heels. The other females I referred to before (but now three) are still around and know.

Well good luck to you on your dance competitions. I know how grueling they are and how much time and hard work it takes to prepare for them.

The women who know about you wearing high heels, do you get positive feedback?:roll:

Of the three who know, one thinks they are sexy, one is enthusiastic and has worn my heels with me, and one hasn't said a lot, yet. But, she will be exposed to them next week, so we will see what happens. The last one has never worn heels herself and claims she would fall down.

Have you ever danced with your partners or instructors while wearing high heels? The reason I ask that is that when I took ballroom dancing lessons at Fred Astaire dance studios, one private lesson, my instructor asked if I would wear a pair of high heeled (female) dance shoes to appreciate the fact that the woman is following your lead backwards and in high heels (I think those were Ginger Rogers' words). I did wear them for only a few steps, but it did make me appreciate my partner and the ability and responsibility to be a strong lead with my partner. I also did not tell her that I loved wearing high heels, and I acted a little coyish when I put them on and danced with her. I was just curious if you have ballroom danced in high heels.:roll:

Have you ever danced with your partners or instructors while wearing high heels? The reason I ask that is that when I took ballroom dancing lessons at Fred Astaire dance studios, one private lesson, my instructor asked if I would wear a pair of high heeled (female) dance shoes to appreciate the fact that the woman is following your lead backwards and in high heels (I think those were Ginger Rogers' words). I did wear them for only a few steps, but it did make me appreciate my partner and the ability and responsibility to be a strong lead with my partner. I also did not tell her that I loved wearing high heels, and I acted a little coyish when I put them on and danced with her.

I was just curious if you have ballroom danced in high heels.:roll:

Only without my shirt on.LOL! Sorry, in a mood. hahahaha!

real men wear heels