It's hell getting old

No, but a previous instructor suggested it to practice dancing on the toes and balls of the feet. The special dance shoes are usually only about 3 inch heels and not very attractive to me. They are very flexible on purpose, and I'm sure they don't make them in my size.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soulmate and me were talking about taking up salsa..

both in heels, who would lead... lol

spose the one in the higher heels....

now that could be interesting....

I've always led, but with both couples wearing high heels...maybe the couples could take turns? Could be interesting, fun, and amusing.:roll:

soulmate and me were talking about taking up salsa..

both in heels, who would lead... lol

spose the one in the higher heels....

now that could be interesting....

Actually, it's the one with the lower heels who leads; but I suppose you could take turns. :roll:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Unless the male wearing heels is pretending to be the female, who says that traditional leading position has to be changed?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

hmm... now that could be difficult... both of us would want to have the higher heels.... and nice make up and jewellery.... i know: dresses arent for me..... at least we got that sorted !!! nice nite tonite, meal out, 5" heels both of us..... last to leave the restaurant.... tourists takin pics of us.... typical londoners... lol !!

hmm... now that could be difficult...

both of us would want to have the higher heels....

and nice make up and jewellery....

i know: dresses arent for me.....

at least we got that sorted !!!

nice nite tonite, meal out, 5" heels both of us.....

last to leave the restaurant....

tourists takin pics of us....

typical londoners... lol !!

I sincerely hope you both had a great time!

Who had the sexier high heels?

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, when did this "It's Hell Getting Old" thread morph into a dancing in heels topic? :roll:

I will step up and take the blame for that. I joined this thread late and dancing and ballroom dancing seemed to be the discusion at that time.

Back of the subject of getting older, I wish the best of health and time to all of us, young and old alike, as we all do get older. As I look back on my life, I have done many more activities as I got older (maybe not as many now or in the future) that I can look back upon and say, "I'm glad I did or tried that." And getting back on the subject of high heels, I wear high heels more often as I have gotten older...because I can and I like to! Physically, I can't do quite as much as I did twenty years ago. But I am blessed with good health and I still do what I can, including wearing high heels.

Good health to all and God bless us all!

• 2 weeks later...

hey lets stop all this getting o...l... stuff. You think it, you become it.

We can do that later.

Think young, be young, walk tall....

You're right. Wearing high heels makes me feel young because of when I started wearing them and when I wore them all of the times back in the 70's when that was the fashion. I guess now wearing high heels publicly reminds me of those days and I' reliving my youth a little. Thanks for the reminder.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always thought that I had a young mind-set and I can say the word "OLD". It's all in the mind anyway you look at it. Aging is something that you can't stop, unless you want the alternative. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I had two "senior" moments this weekend (and I am only 46!). The first was I couldn't find my work Blackberry for 3 days. Searched the house high and low with no luck. I tried to call it but it went straight into voice mail. The battery must have died (which it did). Last night my brain reset and I remembered I was trying to access the internet on it while waiting in the car for my wife. While I was waiting for it to connect, my personal phone rang, call from my wife. When I answered my wife's call, I must have put the Blackberry down and forgot all about it. I found it under the driver seat all the way in the back. Today I couldn't find my car keys. I used my wife's spare to get to/from work, however, I don't know where the spare is for the locking gas cap (it's been years since I changed it to a locking cap). That isn't an issue now (I have just over a half tank), it will be within a few days. All of a sudden, another brain reset. While I was outside looking for the Blackberry, I had on my bathrobe instead of a jacket. I had the keys in the pocket. Guess where I found them.

I bought a sewing machine a couple of months ago and decided to put i8t away somewhere out of the way. I then went to get it out but could I find it? No. I spent three days looking for it and eventually found it on the window sill in exactly the same position I left it.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.