High Heel Sightings

Debbie(HK)

Another day in London, this time on business, and a chance to look at some street fashions around Liverpool Street station. A few observations 1. 95% of the styles are black ankle boots. The heels vary from 2 to 4 1/2" with the most common style being a blocky blade type. However anything from stilettos to wedges is on offer 2. Most of the girls wearing them are quite thin, and are wearing those quite flared flowing trousers. This really tends to lose a stiletto heel in my opinion. 3. The best example I saw were some stiletto boots, black trousers, long black coat. These were very high heels and the girl disappeared into one of the office buildings around the station. Not only were they the highest heels but also she was one of the best at walking in them. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-29 02:55 ]</font>

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On sunday 27/1 when arriving to the airport of Malmö and waiting for my luggage I noticed a girl. She had long blond hair, nice shaped body, long black leather coat, black leather pants and a very nice pair of black high heeled platform boots with rounded toe. The platform were about 2" and the block heel about 6", upper part of covered by the pants which meens 4" visible heel. In fact, she was really well dressed, easy to remember.

This is the first of many postings from me on this particular topic. I always told about my sightings in the chatroom in the past. I noticed a woman, in her 30's-40's, long dark blond hair wearing 3" to 3.5" black leather spike heel pumps. She was wearing a long black skirt and a green overcoat that was about as long as her skirt. She was walking down a stairwell at the local mall. Unforunately she had her husband/boyfriend/significant other with her. I was able to admire her walk from a second story balcony inside the mall. This was the first 'real' heel sighting in some time where I'm at. Dan

This past week I've seen many high heel boots. Most of them are 3in with thick heels. The best pair I've seen was this past Tues. in Water Tower Place shopping Mall. A tall blonde woman wore a black pair of 4in heel boots. They were pointed toe and had thin heels. We both were coming down the escalator. She then caught me checking out her sexy boots. I expected her to give me a frown but instead she looked at her boots then gave me a smile.

Couple of recent sightings... First off, last Sunday, Ikea, Nottingham. Saw a good couple of dozen women in boots with heels ranging from 2 inches to 4 1/2 inches or so, both spiky and blade. Some seemed to manage them better than others. One woman who appeared to be in her thirties was pushing a child in a wheel chair in very pointed four inch spiky boots. It did occur to me that despite the amount of walking around involved, high heels certainly seem to be becoming more and more popular. Also noted that long trouser legs are becoming more popular, making that glimpse of heel all the more tantalising! Second, a week ago, I went for a lunchtime pint with a woman who works in my department (but on a different site - we normally only speak on the phone) and has recently started putting most of my orders on the system. She is not a tall lady, and does seem to have a thing for heels. Not necessarily very high (2 inch mules, 2 inch ankle strap shoes with a rounded toe) but this day she was wearing a long tight black skirt, slit to the knee, with a pair of knee-length black boots with slim 4 inch heels. I was very impressed, especially when she rested her feet on the table (not the table top!) and gave me a delightful view of her heels! :smile: Cheered up a wintery Monday lunchtime, anyway! B) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: big101 on 2002-02-04 18:56 ]</font>

There seems to have been a revival in heels recently. Loads more have shown up on the street in most of the styles and heights available. Again, some that can walk in them and some that can't. Amazing to see how many can't be bothered to practice before rushing out in them. Obviously out to impress! Well I'm not! Best was in the shopping centre, mid 30's woman, knee length leather skirt and 4" blade heels. She was walking back and forth quite a bit with the local lads sat around the fountain watching her. She seemed to be teasing until her partner turned up. She then spun round and walked off with their shopping. To me she seemed to be swinging her bum a bit much or maybe it was overcompensation for the amount of shopping being carried

Spotted on the TV tonight was a fine pair of 4" spike heeled knee boots attached to the legs of Carol Vordermann. Only a fleeting view as she walked across the stage but that was enough. She's almost my age as well!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Hi Everyone, A couple of weeks ago I saw this attractive Asian girl while waiting for the train. Black pumps with fancy straps on the arches, around 4" - 4 1/2" high, surprisingly she seems to be wearing them quite well. She actually opted to stand in the train for her journey (3 stations )instead of finding a seat. I overheard a colleague of hers asking if the shoes are comfortable, if they hurt her, etc. And her reply were a confident "No, they don't hurt..actually they're quite okay, I wear these everyday" That was quite an experience to remember. Sadly, haven't seen her since, to see if she indeed wears them often, oh well, wrong timing I guess... :smile:

My sighting today was in the little Warwickshire town of Wellesbourne. I noticed a woman wearing a pair of electric blue stillettos of about 3- 4" crossing the road. What was even more unusual was: a. it was pouring with rain. (as usual) b. she was old enough to be drawing her pension. Brightened up my journey to work this morning - and it needed brightening up after getting stuck in a traffic jam for almost an hour. :m

Calv

Francis wrote: are you dreaming again? more likely to get a pair of boots like hers! I can admire her and dream. Sadly though you're probably right about the the boots. Wonder if they come in my size? Dreaming away.... :smile:

Calv

Probably me was an interesting sighting today. I had a see-thru garbage sack with 3 pairs of high heels in that sack. I had to put them in there to protect them in the rain. I was carrying them home for a photo shoot tomorrow (Feb. 8, 2002). They are for a model I hired to pose for me. No one said anything to me, but a young woman, in her late-teens, kept staring at the bag while we were on the bus. Interesting, but I made it through OK. Dan

Saw an absolutely gorgeous vision as regrad to coordinated look. She was blonde (bleached not real but natural enough), wearing 4" spike heels (light tan upper with black heel), black trousers and top and a red coat that was left open. As I was riding my bicycle and just meeting this, I nearly ran straight out into traffic (not healthy), but managed to pull back in time. I'm taking the camera with me today :smile: watch all the heels disappear (Sod's Law)

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday at a schoolparty I noticed a male student about 20-25 years old. He wore boots with a 3" heel. No one seemed to notice or comment them, the looked like womans in design. So, this is one more prof that heels up to 3" are no problem what so ever. By the way, some of the ladies had heels, mostly between 3-4", nothing really interesting, but it was a lot better then flats.

I was in London again today and saw a girl waliking along the Embankment in a pair of very high platforms (about 3" or 4" sole) with a very high stilleto heel. I only had a fleeting glance but she was walking very fast on them. I thought that style only saw use in the bedroom :smile:

Calv

Being from the Chicago area, I rarely ever see a pair of spike heels anymore. Midwestern women just don't seem to like heels. However, I was in Las Vegas last week, and on Saturday night, many of the women were dressed up. Surprisingly, I saw three pairs of wonderful classic, spike heels pumps with heels of about 3-3.5 inches. There was an attractive lady of about 30 or so wearing a very nice pair of spike heels sandals with 3" heels. I also saw a young lady, less than 20 I would guess, in a pair of very strappy 4" spike heel sandals. I could have stood and looked at her for some time, but unfortunately, I was with my wife! Actually, these were just the highlights. There were many ladies in nice heels, even some other spikes. Makes me want to go back to Vegas on a Saturday night!

Whilst driving my truck, I see a lot of heels varying from 1" wedges to the pair of 4.5" skinny posts I saw Friday. Sometime ago though, I was driving around Brighton and I saw a sight that made me double-take. There were what I thought were four girls with two holding hands but it was three girls and a boy around 15-17 years old all in high skinny heeled boots the lowest of which was 4". The boy's heels looked like they were around 4.5-5". They all seemed to be able to walk in them very well and no one seemed to bother about his footwear.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw these shoes one day at Payless not to long ago. The fallowing week there were no longer any left. But I haven't seen any body with them on, until to day. I saw a middle aged women wearing a pair. She was wearing a just above the knee skirt, white stockings, and a blouse. I was so focused on the shoes I forgot what were the colors. I know there a lot of people don’t like platforms here. But a reasonable plat can give a shoe an allusion of a higher heel with out for some dealing with the discomfort of wearing them.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e99fff67/bc/My+Photos/013415_beauty.gif?bc7Mgw8A3mIxTZAC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-19 01:25 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Last night at Sky Harbor Airport here in Phoenix I saw a woman in her early twenties wearing a pair of pointed-toe stiletto heels. The vamp was faux zebra fur, the sides were open, and the backs were either elastic slingbacks or ankel straps that crossed in the back. i couldn't tell for sure because she was wearing pants. Heel was in the 4"+ range and was pencil-thin from the base to the tip. Pretty sexy if you ask me.

Today I saw a somewhat tall lady wearing a pair of red pointed toe stilleto boots. The heel had to be 4in high. I tried to catch up with her but she turned into an office. She works in the same office building as I. Call me weird, but the only way I'll talk to her is if she's wearing those boots.

Grocery shopping in Los Angeles today, what looked like a fellow college student in a tight longsleeve top, tight jeans w/boot-cut legs, and 4" wedge platforms with two thick straps across the front. The legs didn't cover the entire shoe, either- barely reached down to the top of the heel. :smile: Couple of other sightings, usually boots with a chunky heel or 3~4" wedge platforms on campus. Wedge platforms usually seen with jeans... boots vary.

Todays sighting: I visited a company today (a prospective customer) and met the general manager, a german woman in her thirties. She was wearing a pair of 2.5" blade heeled court shoes, black sheer tights and a very nice leather miniskirt :smile: I only hope we get the contract to look after their computers. I realise shoes only played a small part in this posting, but they added to the overall effect. I can't recall seeing anybody at work in a leather skirt before, but I'm not complaining.

Calv