A car just for a Transporter

Anyone seen "The Transporter" movies? I saw the 2nd one, and that car was one sweeeeeeeet machine! I did some looking, and found it was an Audi A8 with a V12 engine in it. Sucker goes for about $112K US, but for that amount of money, I bet it performs like it rides on platinum rails! :-) I remember back when I could buy a car just for the style factor. Fell in love with an '85 Dodge Daytona once, and my favorite was my old '73 Dodge Charger with the big 440 block in it. Anyone else have some favorite rides?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

A friend of mine owns a black RS6, which is the Rally Sport version of the A6 (so slighly smaller that the A8). He paid £45,000 ,3 years old. No idea what the engine was but when the second turbo kicked in at about 105mph, I didn't care about the engine size or cost! This this was crazy quick, I've never pulled away from 100 mph to reach 140 mph! Madness, but cracking fun!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

• 2 weeks later...

I once bought a 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS brand new. It was quite a car built on the full sized Caprice Classic body and chasis with the LT-1 Corvette fuel injected engine and automatic tranny. It was quite fast for a full sized muscle machine. I traded it after having it 8 years for the muscle machine I now drive---a 2003 Mercury Marauder. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, cars. Incidentally, I have only seen the first Transporter film, and I am told it is much better than the second. I really prefer some level of realism in a car flick. As far as my favorite cars are concerned, I'd like a BMW M3 (I like the 1997 body style the best), and/or a Subaru WRX STI. Though I like the look of the older 2-door 2.5 RS WRX's, I think the new ones would have more power and handling capability. Of course, I suppose you could always attempt an engine swap... Jen

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

• 2 weeks later...

i have to agree with jenifer nova, i have a soft spot for quality german engineering, i love the E30 bmws( 82-92 ) i have had three bmws starting off with a 320i saloon, then a 325i saloon and a 318i touring (estate/ station wagon). anything bmw gets me going as they are good for performance after 14 years and still going strong

I like my old Sierra. 2 litres of fuel injection and goes like hot snot. The best thing is, it only costs me £170 to insure!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 1 month later...

I test drove a 911 once.

I ALMOST got to drive a Porche when I was 16!!!! My evil step-mom put the stop to that though.

My brother (who is 9yrs older) was selling Porches at the time. He drove one over to visit us. I had just got my learners permit and he asked if I wanted to go drive it. Of course I said YES! But she was right there and said absolutely no way!:D I did end up getting to ride in it. Looking back, I should have just let him do it anyway, she never would have been the wiser and I could have driven a Porche at 16.

I never got a chance again. Oh well.