Cardiff heelmeet 14-1-06, brief report

lorriette

Seven of us arrived on a brightening day to sample the delights of cardiff's main shopping area. The day passed without any problems, and bargains were found, tried and purchased. I think some people were bemused, others enlightened, and one teenage lad, well, I'll leave that now, as heelfan intends a full desciption of him in his post. We grew to 9 in the afternoon with the arrival of heelD and SOH. I can think of at least 9 purchases, alas I only took 2 photos, being a little slow to capture for you some of the great images as seen by our eyes. I had a stiff neck, swivelling to and fro to see some terrific ladies in thier heels.Will post photos once I figure out how to. This was my first meet, it is well worth joining in, meeting others, and having a fun day out.

totter along into history

if I've done this right, there should follow two pictures from yesterdays meet'

Posted Image

Posted Image

assuming you now have the images, it shows some of the group in St.Davids centre waiting for calv (inside shoe shop) Featured are, a3,xaphod,fgwjohn,heelfan & si.

Hi Lorriete

Nice meeting you yesterday.

I've sorted out the linking for you and you should now see us on this message.

Calv

Posted Image

Heelfan, A3 and FGWJON

Posted Image

Heelfan FGWJON, Calv and Xaphod

Photos taken outside Faith in one of the Cardiff Shopping Centres. Missing was Si (still in Faith or Next to Nothing) and Lorriette was on the back end of the camera.

Note the spoils of a hard days shopping in Cardiff...... Total booty was 8 pairs. 2 each for Heelfan, FGWJON and Si. Xaphod and A3 bought one pair each - this style, reduced from £80 to £40.

Posted Image

Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

You guys all rock! Thanks for sharing the pics.

And Heel-D, I'm jealous. You and kent have now done heel meets on more continents that anyone else on hhplace. :D

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

an excellent day,well worth the trip,not wishing to knock the welsh too much but i was definately undercharged in evans by £16.00!!!!! shame that didnt work in evans in exeter today.....anyway as per loriette i will hold further comment coz no doubt there will be heelfans writeup following this..........

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

THANKS CALV, WHERE AM i GOING WRONG?

I'm not sure. I couldn't see anything wrong with the URLs in your message. I copied & pasted from the photo and it worked for me. I've tried in the past and got the same results as you though. Just lucky this time I guess.

Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

In the first two attempts, Loriette used the URL's

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/lorriette/000-0015.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/lorriette/000-0014.jpg

(so using dashes in the picture names).

Calv used the URL's

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/lorriette/000_0014.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/lorriette/000_0015.jpg

(so using underscores instead of dashes in the picture names).

That's all :D

Underscore is simply a dash while holding down the shift key, loriette.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey y'all. It was a pleasure meeting you all. Certainly great to see you all in your shoes strutting your stuff! It was a great little confidence builder for me. So I've met probably 10 of you now! :D After Xaphod and Calv left us, me, the SOH and a3 went to a place called 33 (just off Queen Street) for some lovely grub - before we went our seperate ways. I did buy a pair of boots in the end. I bought some brown stillettos from New Look in Abergavenny on Sunday for £10 (used my HS vouchers). Very nice boots too. We look forward to coming to visiting Peachy Shoes at the next heel meet. :wink: PS - for those of you who are interested I wore a pair of creamy tan Top Shop chunky wedge boots I bought last Thursday with boot cut jeans and a black shirt.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

hallo, the first thing: thanks to Lorriette and the others to get this heelmeting set-up and being there. For me was the first time to get out in the wide publick and looking arround in England. My traffel up on friday and back on sunday to Holland went all right. A first contact to a lady in a pub near by the hotel I stayed was a warm welcome to talk about I feeling for high heels. The next day the meeting as planed was nice to. The support to eachother was welcome and some times I slowdown a little bit to findout out the reaction of the publick. I was wearing long (ladies)jeans and the cuffer-up nicely my 5" heels of the cowgirl boots I was wearing :wink: . The publick didn't noticed sometimes I belong to the group with Xaphod going in front in his leather and hat of the group and coutch many eyes of the people. A nice reaction of a male security person of a shoppingmall called his femal collega and talk to my about they saw some man in heels while I stood outside the shop and was looking to the passing people. The I lifted my pans and show them my boot. His eyes :D:evil: and mouth felt open. They make there excuse and walked away. Also we saw some youngsters arround 12 years in 2" western heels boots on the hand of there mothers shopping :wink: and walking with grace in there boots. But overall the balance between England and the Dutch heels fashion is swinging to the English ladies for high heels: More stiletto sheap heels, in Holland far more block heels on ankle boots. The heels were whore are higher even saw a lot of 10 to 12 cm heels, the common hight in the Dutch between 3 to 5 cm, sometimes up to 8 cm. Here are sneakers and sports shoes 40% soled and worn shoes (no heels at all). But when knee boots are worn here, they are mostly over the trousers or under a skirt, so good in few. But at the end of the day my feet have had it, several times up and down the Queenstreet. The first I worn the 5" heels so long and on the way to my hotel I switched happely over to my daily shoes after 9 hours wear of the cowgirl boots and the new wedge heel boots of 4" from Qude. So hopeful I can come to the next meeting. Now I know a little bit what to expect but it can be different as well depence who is coming and how many and where. Thanks for all wearing there heels A3

Hi all! Yes, a really great heel-meet in Cardiff! nine of us turned up: lorriette, a3 (who came all the way from Holland!), me (Heelfan), Calv, xaphod, FGWJON, Si, Heel-D and his lovely lady. Despite us always saying "Heels not compulsory", all nine of us spent the day in high heels, and several members treated us to a change-to-different-pair as the day went on. All (including me) seemed delighted with their purchases (January sales prices!) and we also found a very nice place for lunch. Perhaps the main highlight of the day happened in when Xaphod was trying-on his fawn-coloured boots with the very high wedge heels (see above photo) in the middle of Qube's showroom. A young man standing only a metre away from Xahod suddenly realised what was going on. Not only did his jaw drop open in sheer amazement, but he appeared totally hynotised by Xaphod's activities and stood rooted to the spot, nay transfixed for what seemed like a good ten minutes without taking his eyes off our amazing man in high heels! Even when the rest of us all gathered round, the poor chap couldn't snap out of his trance. I said to Loriette that the fellow seemed totally nonplussed. "More like completely withered" retorted Loriette. One or two of us finally said to the man "Why not join in and try some high heels yourself?", but he appeared to remain utterly speechless! Anyway, at various times in the day, we had various cheery glances and stares from passers-by, and and usual, most either didn't notice at all, or seemed very accepting. Not a single glare or nasty comment all day, so as we said after the recent London heel-meet, any shyguys who fancy street-heeling shouldn't have the slightest problem these days. As previously mentioned, Mel will soon be posting a date (probably early March) for the Bristol Heel-meet with a buffet meal at her Peachy Shoes. Happy heeling one and all! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Can I just add to heelfans tale from Queb's that the lady and her daughter?, sat at the same seats as xaphod, started off bemused and, I believe, ended up impressed. In all the stores we visited [20+]we encountered no negative re-actions from either staff and customers.

Hi, all, Just to add that the lady and her daughter in Qube were quite impressed. I seem to remember overhearing something like 'way to go' when I told the sales girl that she had a result after I'd tried the boots on. The guy who was rooted to the spot was less enthusiastic, the invitation to join in heel wearing prompting the reply 'f**k that !' ...... oh well I suppose it gave him something to talk about in the pub. Xa