A Night in T.O.

canadianbeaver17

My gf bought me Toronto Maple Leaf tickets for Christmas/Anniversary (It’s 1 year – and the Leafs are a Hockey Team for those of you who don’t know). Monday night we spent the night in Toronto. This meant a perfect opportunity for me and her to be alone… *coughs* …I mean to go heeling…haha. To the game, I wore my Frederick’s 4” stiletto boots (avatar). These boots have received a lot of use over the years. These tend to hurt a tad after a while since the heel is right at the back of the shoe. An arena is packed and busy, so not a lot of opportunity to see people take a look at them. On the Tuesday, before traveling back to Windsor, we decided to do some shopping at Yorkdale Shopping Centre. I wore my Frederick’s 4” micro-stiletto black pumps. My gf loves me in these shoes. She had on her Bandolino kitten heel pumps. She opts for a shorter heel sometimes because she is a couple inches taller than I am. Plus, she loves kissing me when I’m taller for a change…haha. Her and I were very disappointed with the shoe selection at the mall. The place has a lot of the higher-end stores, such as Coach, Mexx, Guess, etc. Clearly too pricey (well, except she does have a Coach Bag – you gotta splurge sometimes!). Some places had nice shoes, but way too much. For example, many places had up to 50% off sales, which meant that the sale price was $149.00…yikes! Also, maybe stores had the exact same kind of shoes. Four different shoe stores had the same pairs of shoes on their clearance racks. Her and I are use to going over the bridge to Detroit to get some of the deals in the States. The American’s do it right – when they say it’s a sale, it’s one! There you can find $5.00 shoes even in large sizes! To close, it was two great days with my gf (awww), a Leafs game (wooo hoo!), and some heeling (thumbs up). Oh, and sorry to any of the board’s users from the T.O. area – there was not enough time to meet. Maybe next time…

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent adventure there Mr Beaver! :D You must post a picture of yourself on the board! You sound like you pull off your shoes very well.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

i love street heeling in toronto. have done it many a time and its truly a great place to get out with high heels. have done it up and down queen street and up and down yonge, great city with a lot of great high heel memories. glad to hear you had no problems.

great story man. If you were in the area you shoulda gone to either sherway gardens, square one or the eatons centre....even dixie value mall is better than yorkdale :wink: I've never been there myself, but I've never heard particularly good things. oh well, either way....congrats on a good night out. It was me and my girlfriends 1yr anniversary this past weekend too, and I actually got up the nerve to tell her about my hobby...although she thought it was a little strange at first...she made it clear she doesnt really care, in fact she said she was thinking about it and thought it was pretty cool. :D I figured that would be her response all along, but it was certainly tough to get it out the first time. looks like we both had pretty good weekends here in T.O :wink:

It's good to hear more guys their gf supports their bf wearing heels. I'm so happy for you ^^ Great adventure. Still I want to encourage my girlfriend to walk in heels as well. She's a little afraid that she might not be able to walk on them.

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

Thanks for the responses all. Ya, I gotta take some pictures - I just always forget...lol Terayon - Ya I thought of Square One after the fact when I was driving down Hurontario to find somewhere to eat. Yorkdale I thought would be ok since I always stop there to get on the subway to get downtown. Oh well - there is always next time...

CB17:-) It sounds like both you and your GF had a great time in TO. A game, shopping, and heeling, what fun for you two. Congrats! It sounds like everything is going just "peachy". Great story. Any chance of any pics? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My gf bought me Toronto Maple Leaf tickets for Christmas/Anniversary

She likes you, right? :D

Who were they playing? Was it a good game? Who's jersey were the refs wearing?

To the game, I wore my Frederick’s 4” stiletto boots (avatar).

Very cool! I know the arenas are usually quite busy, but wow. Nicely done!

On the Tuesday, before traveling back to Windsor, we decided to do some shopping at Yorkdale Shopping Centre. I wore my Frederick’s 4” micro-stiletto black pumps. My gf loves me in these shoes. She had on her Bandolino kitten heel pumps. She opts for a shorter heel sometimes because she is a couple inches taller than I am. Plus, she loves kissing me when I’m taller for a change…haha.[\quote]

Yorkdale really doesn't seem like the best place for shopping. I've been there a few times. The area doesn't seem very open-minded. Square One and other places in the west might have been more productive (and safer). But then that'll mean you need another trip! :-)

heelsrus... Who do you root for? My gf cringed when she bought the tickets since she is a Detroit fan. The Leafs were playing the Penguins - first visit of Sidney Crosby to the ACC. It was a good time. The floors in the ACC were very slippery for the both of us, but we managed!

heelsrus...

Who do you root for? My gf cringed when she bought the tickets since she is a Detroit fan. The Leafs were playing the Penguins - first visit of Sidney Crosby to the ACC. It was a good time.

The floors in the ACC were very slippery for the both of us, but we managed!

Well, my earlier memories are from the Toronto area (Milton) but have been in Ottawa for the past long while (20+ years). I prefer the Ottawa team as they don't have quite as many goons and I like to watch hockey, not boxing on skates. I'd be quite happy if Domi and Tucker got traded. Pat Quinn isn't a bad coach however - seems pretty good, if a little whiney on occasion. Though if Ottawa gets more hitters than skaters, I'll change to someone else.

I haven't seen the penguins play this season. I'm not sure I've seen Crosby play at all. Is he really all he's supposed to be or are the spin doctors working overtime?

I guess the ACC has smooth concrete floors like all the rest? They're slipperly in rubber soled boots if they're wet so you must have done well in real boots.

Another thought - Woodbridge might be a good place too. There's a colossal mall (called "the Colossus", IIRC) and there are several shoe stores as well as other places. Those malls are also known as "crapopolus" :-) Who would have thought of putting a mall like that with no overhead/wind/weather protection in Canada??!! Oh well, means you HAVE to wear boots :-)

Glad you two had a great time. What are you planning for her birthday??

I went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out. TEE! HEE!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

That's the way it seems sometimes :-)

Actually, with the new rules this year things are a bit better. Of course the refs aren't very consistent but at least they're calling the hooking and tripping and other interference.

And Toronto usually has a very nice percentage of attractive women wearing nice heels. Much better than Ottawa (my, those are 2" heels?? How do you walk in them?). Being right downtown on a game night, and then at a higher end shopping mall must have been good for the scenery.

I've been reading all the messages regularly for a couple of years and even posted a couple of times and have found great encouragement, but after realizing there are many members from the Toronto area, it gave me strength last Friday to venture out in the new boots I purchased before Christmas. They are knee high Jessica / Sharmaine style from Sears (of all places) with a 4 inch tapered heel. Not blade, not pointed, but in between. So having been to a couple of Adult Only shops where I had no trouble trying on pumps, sandals and boots, I figured this would be the place to go where no one judges. Sure enough, I spent about 20 minutes in the store (Aren't We Naughty on north Yonge St.), spoke to 2 sales girls and nothing was mentioned (too bad) but was certainly noticed by staff and customers. So the next step is a trip downtown to Yonge St for a long walk. This means I have my thong sandals with the 2 inch block heel, which I am now comfortable wearing in crowds in summer, and my winter boots. If I can figure out posting pictures, I'll try that if anyone cares. Thanks to everyone and especially those in TO. Go Leafs Go.

Kris, Isnt it gunna be a little cold to wear those sandals out in toronto for at least the next month or two? :D Hopefully me and my girlfriend are gunna be going downtown to the eatons centre sometime in the next week to buy some new boots....we were even joking around about buying a matching pair of "his and hers" boots.....I know there are a ton of stores in that mall with a lot of shoes....supposedly theres a really good transit store.

The sandals are for those hot June and July days. Certainly not for the weather we've had this weekend, -8 and -12 C. Maybe by Wednesday when it's plus 5. LOL. The Eaton Centre is much like Yorkdale for selection but the Transit store does have some nice His and Hers material. Try the one at Dixie Mall for end of line specials. If you really want something special, try Kleen Air Shoes. It's on Yonge north of College on the east side. It's run by a very nice Asian girl who does not hesitate to offer a guy the chance to try on anything from pumps to thigh high stiletto boots. I know.

I've been reading all the messages regularly for a couple of years and even posted a couple of times and have found great encouragement, but after realizing there are many members from the Toronto area, it gave me strength last Friday to venture out in the new boots I purchased before Christmas. They are knee high Jessica / Sharmaine style from Sears (of all places) with a 4 inch tapered heel. Not blade, not pointed, but in between. So having been to a couple of Adult Only shops where I had no trouble trying on pumps, sandals and boots, I figured this would be the place to go where no one judges. Sure enough, I spent about 20 minutes in the store (Aren't We Naughty on north Yonge St.), spoke to 2 sales girls and nothing was mentioned (too bad) but was certainly noticed by staff and customers.

So the next step is a trip downtown to Yonge St for a long walk. This means I have my thong sandals with the 2 inch block heel, which I am now comfortable wearing in crowds in summer, and my winter boots.

If I can figure out posting pictures, I'll try that if anyone cares. Thanks to everyone and especially those in TO. Go Leafs Go.

Go check out Northbound Leather, 7 St. Nicholas St (right around Wellesley). Speak with Gina (she's fantastic!). She's not there on Wed and only there late on Thurs. They don't have shoes/boots on their website but they have plenty in the backroom.

• 3 weeks later...

i have been to both of those stores on yonge and have found them both very open minded, especially kleen air.

but those folks also want a lot of $$$ for their products.

Yes, they can be expensive (outrageously expensive for some things). The quality of the leather and the workmanship is excellent (generally) and they are very open-minded (don't care who they sell to). I sometimes have a tough decision to make whether I go there or to Danier for some stuff. Though I've ripped a pair of leather jeans from Danier and haven't ripped anything from Northbound, so maybe that's a reason.

I was in there in October and bought a pair of 5" lace-up boots with a blockier heel. Walked out of the change room and there were two comments: one was "you walk well in those" from Gina and the other sales girl said something like "I have a pair of those and they're very comfortable but I needed to get a size larger".

I'd also be interested in other places in the T.O. or Ottawa area of a similar lean; places with good quality stuff and professional sales people.

true, about Ottawa. but i am finding Montreal isn't too far away and it seems, especially after my friday night at the inferno club a week ago, that they have an established scene with some open minded folks.

• 1 month later...
KrisSMay I put your pics in the "the share your best freestyle fashion pics here" thread? That seems like a good outfit to me, the contrast of the grey pants and black boots...

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Nice oufit and great boots, KrisS!

Isn't a really nice combination!? It's what I picture when I think of me going out (which has only happened once unfortunately). Nicely dressed and the heels are just there. Very well done.

KrisS, where did you go out? How long were you walking about?

Thanks for the kind comments. Kneehighs - please post it wherever you think it will be of interest within the forums. HeelsRus - I first went into a couple of Adult shops in Toronto because the staff and customers are less judgemental. I loved the feel of walking in these boots knowing I was dressed as a guy but in obvious feminine footwear. I got looks but no comments. I've been downtown during the day on the Yonge strip a couple of times. Again, passing looks but so far no comments. So far it's been great. Nothing too long, as great as it feels, I start to chicken out after a couple of blocks up Yonge.

• 1 month later...

Her and I are use to going over the bridge to Detroit to get some of the deals in the States. The American’s do it right – when they say it’s a sale, it’s one! There you can find $5.00 shoes even in large sizes!

I think yer right! I believe you really can find much more reasonable prices here in the States. Also, if you take care to check out the chain stores like Payless or DSW when they are changing their seasonal stock you might indeed find some nice bargains for $5 to $10 USD.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

For example, my gf bought a pair of flip flops from Payless in the Detroit for $7.99 US. The same ones in Windsor's Payless were $14.99 CDN (roughly like $17.00 US).

Actually, the excange rate is a bit more even right now - $14.99 CDN works out to about $13.31 USD...

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.