London meetings

xaphod

I met Firefox at Tottenham Ct Rd, and we had a quick browse round Oxford St. before heading off to meet TomNL. There are lots of strappy styles around for Summer which neither myself nor Firefox are too interested in. We did note that Teepee has metamorphosed into something different, but at first showing, I don't think any better. Due to our thinking Bayswater tube station was somewhere it wasn't, we met Tom a little later than planned, but no harm was done. Lunch was in High St Kensington before showing Tom Dune, Shelleys and Sacha. Sacha are getting a reputation .... Tom knew of them because of my spiky boots from there. I took the opportunity to change out of the courts I was wearing because I know they give me blisters where the top of the shoe meets my ankle. Old faithful 4" blocks were used for the rest of the day. The afternoon was a bit of a balls-up as we went in search of some Salvador Dali paintings. After being distracted by some beers at the side of the Thames we were just a little late to get to the Tate Modern. Aimless gravitation brought us to Leicester Square where we had another bite to eat. I had a couple of blisters, despite what I thought to be adequate precaution, so I left Firefox and Tom to end the evening. See the entry in 'For the Guys' for the happy co-incidence this created.

Yes, we had a great day out, and weather was fine. We didn't get to see any paintings, but had a pleasant day walking around the river, and across the wobbly millenium bridge. After leaving Xaphod, Tom and I blitzed the Trocedero for a few games of pool, air hockey, and Ten Pin bowling before it was time for me to leave.

I remember seeing a Salvador Dali exhibition very near the London Eye. Perhaps thats where they had all gone :smile: Glad to hear you had a good day, only wish I could have been there :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Yes we found the Dali exhibition at the old GLC. Unfortunately it was £8.50 each to get in which we thought was extortionate. If it had been only £4.00 we'd have gone for it. Also the eye was £10.50 for 1/2 an hour which was too much as well so we had a stroll down the Thames to the Tate and a few beers on the way. Some of the Tate modern is free so that suited us, but by the time we got there it was 6.00, and closing. Oh well, we'll plan better next time!

• 1 year later...

This 'London Meet' page has gone dead since May 2002, but perhaps once we've got the imminent Oxford Meet (12th July 2003) behind us, we can talk about a few meet possibilities for the second half of 2003, including London. Huh? Wadd'yasay folks, Huh? ...........Huh? ISLEBEESEEINGYUH! Cheers, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!