Microsoft is an acronym for .....

Yep,

got to smile,

I am using www.opensuse.org upstairs and mac OS9.1 downstairs (going to go over to tiger when I get the cash or a disk) in the Kitchen.

I have to use windows 2000 and XP in the office, what a drag.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Came up with another one a couple of days ago.

For non-UK people, our Notional Health Service has an organisation which recommends drugs for use within the service. The organisation goes by the wonderful spin name of 'National Institute for Clinical Excellence' (nice).

IMHO, NICE should really stand for

Notional Institute for Cheap Ersatz !

Xa

• 1 year later...

Macintosh - Most Applications Crash... If Not, The Operating System Hangs. FIAT - Frustrated Italians Attempting Transportation (or "Fix It Again, Tony") Ford - Fix Our Rotten Designs (Dear lawyer for $large_company_of_choice, the above is posted in a spirit of humour and is not intended as defamatory. I drive a Ford and own two Macs)

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

• 1 year later...

My havourite has got to be WOMAN,

Would

Only

Make

A

Nagger!

In the light of the Paul Mc'Cartney / Heather Mills divorce where they were married for 4 years and the settlement was £25m.

Woman is an acronym for Waste Of Money And Nerves.

Xa

I think he got off lightly, considering the mess he got himself into. £25,000,000 to get shot of her was not a bad deal. okay, everybody who thought it would last, put your hands up now................ I didnt think there would be many. Women come in different shapes and sizes, to bunch tham all together is unfair. But Heather is a fruitcake, thats for sure. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

• 4 weeks later...

Microsoft works is best oxymoron there is in english language :roll:

oxymoron (plural oxymorons or, more rarely, oxymora) is a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

The acronym is: PDF=Pathetic Document Format

The Oxymoron is Fat Free Ice Cream. Ice cream by name is frozen cream and cream is milk fat:spin2: . So fat free ice ceram can't exist. Oh well.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Pita=Pain in the arse

or

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

ID10T error = idiot

Oxymoron of the day: colour safe bleach

T&H

Actually, that's not such an oxymoron... oxygen bleaches are colour safe...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually, that's not such an oxymoron... oxygen bleaches are colour safe...

Well Doc I won't argue except I had always learned that when you bleach somthing you remove the colour. As in this definition from encarta:

bleach [bleech]

n (plural bleach·es)

1. color-removing substance: a chemical substance that removes color and stains and is also used as a cleansing agent and disinfectant 2. application of bleach: an act of using bleach on something

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

So to me it is still an oxymoron.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel