Remember the 80's

bootsrkewl

Searching through ebay for some memorabilia from one of my fav bands "The Cars", I found an auction for a 8X10 of the late Benjamin Orr. Though they are not 5" heels, I remember the fun we guys used to have with fashion( I still do occasionally). Diabetes is a nasty disease, wrecking the the nerves in my feet. But I can still enjoy occasionally.

Happy Heeling!Posted Image

Hi bootsrkewl, Welcome to the forum. Indeed I do remember strutting my stuff when heels for men were the norm. If only some enlightened designer would revisit those days, we would be away. Still as long as we keep wearing heels in a sensible conservative manner, well get there. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hi bootsrkewl,

Welcome to the forum. Indeed I do remember strutting my stuff when heels for men were the norm. If only some enlightened designer would revisit those days, we would be away.

Still as long as we keep wearing heels in a sensible conservative manner, well get there.

TB2

I indicate this message as a subject about that wanted breakthrough, is that correct? Some day it must breakthrough, right? I can read it everywhere and to be honest, I"m willing to participate in this service to let heels for men become a common fact. Heels would then not be in the ladies department anymore.... if that was only true (drools) lol

Oh and eh welcome, Bootrkewl :D

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

Every time I hear the name Benjamin Orr, I always hear "Who's gonna drive ya home......tonight...." Man...and I never knew he passed on! Shows how much I know about some of the really cool and hip 80's people. I never knew he wore heels either. Guess I'm not as big of a Cars fan as I thought. The 80's were truly the "adventurous" decade - where a lot of fashion lines were blurred, and a lot of original fashion thought actually came out into its own. It makes me wonder how well getting heels accepted into society would have progressed if there was as large of a movement then as there is now, since the 80's were where guys started wearing earrings a whole lot more as well.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Searching through ebay for some memorabilia from one of my fav bands "The Cars", I found an auction for a 8X10 of the late Benjamin Orr. Though they are not 5" heels, I remember the fun we guys used to have with fashion( I still do occasionally). Diabetes is a nasty disease, wrecking the the nerves in my feet. But I can still enjoy occasionally.

Happy Heeling!Posted Image

Hi Bootsrkewl,

I'm a type-I-diabetic since 10 years and an insuline junkee since that time. Nevertheless I am wearing high heels. I had never any problems with my feet - may be that I'm simply a lucky guy. I have just found similar cowgirl boots in this typical vintage style. With 3'' heels and even matching to my foot size. I have fallen in love with them at once :D

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!