Missing Persons Log: sscotty727

kneehighs

DawnHH, hope you and your '35 are getting well...

luckily the person driving the 1950 chev didn't cause the accident...

as they are built like a tank...

how do I know this... I own 2 1951 (Holden bodied) chevrolets...

one is a sedan...

the other is a Coupe Utility (Ute) unfortunately I don't have the money to restore them...

otherwise the Ute would have a 800Hp Blown and injected Big Block Chev in it...

ute pictured is NOT mine!...it's a 1952 model... the FINAL year for the Chev ute in australia.. the sedans were sold in australia until 1968...

Posted Image

back to the original topic...

Maybe a bit off topic, but am I to understand that the Chev. Ute. was actually designed that way and not modified after market?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they were more on wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupe_utility

yep... they left the factory like that...

even though the dashboard changed styles in 1951... my '51's have the RHD version of the '49-'50 dashboard... all of them do...

yes they were designed like that... but to get one you would have to come here to australia...

we got all the mechanical options for 1949-'52 chevrolets... bar the powerglide ( 2 speed automatic) and the 235... if it was manual and had 216.5 cubic inch capacity six... we got it...

the 1955-'57 chevrolets were six cylinder only...:rocker:

sometime in the early sixties we got the first chev V8's, However chev's stopped being imported in '68, when the first 307, and later 327 powered HK holden kingswoods and Monaros appeared...

Kneehighs:-)

Don't worry---never fear---Dawn HH is here.

We were on vacation with our 1935 Chevrolet Model EC Standard Coach attending the Early Six Cylinder Tour of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. This year the tour was in Ohio, hubbed out of New Philadelphia and Mickey and I attended it as part of the 1929 to 1954 cars that were allowed on the tour. We just turned 47,000 miles since new on this cars odometer on this tour.

And now about the accident.....

We both are fine and neither one was hurt or banged up in the accident. Our tough little car took the brunt of the damage quite well and was still drivable, but I can't say that about the Chrysler mini-van that smacked us as they had to tow it away. The mini-van driver was cited by the Ohio State Police as causing the accident. From now on, our 1935 Chevy's middle name will be "TIMEX", as she can take a licking and keep on ticking.

Here is what happened---

We were in caravan driving to a Muscle Car Museum where we were to be served our evening meal. I was the first car in line with a 1950 Chevrolet behind me and the Chrysler mini-van third in line. I had my arm out the window signaling a left turn into the Museum, the 1950 Chevrolet had his left turn signal on indicating a lft turn, when the mini-van decided to pass us on the left on a 2 lane highway. He successfully pased the 1950 Chevrolet at a high rate of speed, but caught me part way into my turn, smacked us and bounced off of us and up into a yard on the grass completely off of the highway. I suddenly saw somethingwhite in my perifrial vision and instinctively pulled myarm in out of harms way and immediately was impacted. The mini-van struck our car right smack on the end of the steering axle, demolishing the dust cap and the hub-cap, badly bending the wheel, scuffing the wide white-wall tire, and folding the left front fender in about a foot, cracking the battery in the jolt, and loosing the seals around the roof insert causing the car to leak badly in a rain storm that came later that evening and night, and wetting a goodly portion of the inside upholstery. Remember---this is the original upholstery as this is an original unrestored car with 47,000 original miles on it since new in 1935.

I know this might be off topic a bit, but thought that this was the place to answer why we have not posted for a while.

Needless to say---I have been trying to round up repair parts and making arrangements wih a mechanic, a body shop, and the insurance company. The damages so far total $2,700 and we are not done yet. I still don't know if there is any damage to the axle, the spidle, the axle bearings or the king pins and tie rods. We had it flat-bedded home and rode the tow truck cab.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

First I want to say that I'm glad you and yurs didn't get hurt and are OK. Sec. sorry bout the car. I too own a muscle PU. A 1980 chev. silverado that I have been building for about 7 years. 3rd, I only live 20 minutes from New Phili so maby Me and mine nd you nd yours can get together sometime and do a little shoe shopping. PM me if your interested. Johnieheel...

real men wear heels

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I would say hi too! I haven't posted in ages but am still going out in heels - more often now in fact. Must post more often and post some of my pics soon too! Still kicking myself that I missed the "world heel meet" - oh well there's always this year! Nik

Thought I would say hi too!

I haven't posted in ages but am still going out in heels - more often now in fact. Must post more often and post some of my pics soon too!

Still kicking myself that I missed the "world heel meet" - oh well there's always this year!

Nik

Yeah, would be great to see you there next February. You're most welcome, as is everybody else.

Anita C never really existed. Another member had her as his alter ego. When he left the country,, Anita left as did he previous screen name. Screwy World we Live in, Eh?

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 3 months later...

Robert from Gouda is still MIA. He is an avid heel meet attender and a great guy. Has anyone here heard from him?

:smile: Still haven't seen Robert around. I wonder if it's another purge we are experiencing?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 4 months later...

I was wondering about that myself and mentioned the issue of his absence to crotchhiboots, who stayed with Dr. Shoe while in London. Apparently, Dr. Shoe was and is still having computer problems.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 years later...

Thought of some others who seem to be MIA for a while, I miss their input. Guy N. Heels StilletoScot seth_nj111 Jim I recall Highluc was pretty active and had her own site, but I gather there were some rather significant changes in her life. Hope she's still among us.

Thought of some others who seem to be MIA for a while, I miss their input.

Guy N. Heels

StilletoScot

seth_nj111

Jim

I recall Highluc was pretty active and had her own site, but I gather there were some rather significant changes in her life. Hope she's still among us.

Stilettoscott used to be very active at this site. Then suddenly, nothing. We used to send PM's back and forth on various issues and again, nothing. He had some very good inputs.

I miss StilettoScott. I had some great banter with him and some truly epic PMs. Maybe he caught the fish he wanted, both in reality and metaphorically, and sailed into the sunset in a stripper heel shaped boat...