Hello from sunny southern Cal

Just wanted to say hi to everyone as I've decided to un-lurk. :smile: I'm Kira from Santa Monica, CA (a suburb of Los Angeles). My short bio: male, 30, been collecting heels for 2-3 years now, really glad to have found this place as the discussion is great!

Welcome, like your name, and agree with you about fishing, except that it just bores me.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Welcome, KiraLA. Wow...the more people who come in that are closer to my neck of the woods, the better! I love the camraderie here, and I'm sure you will too!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-05-26 10:56, Calv wrote:

Hi Kira and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join up.

What sort of heels are you into?

I've been collecting mostly spike heels (I love the picture of the 5" spiky boots that the frequest posters have). Not shoes that really lend themselves to being worn at work (I don't have SQ's confidence :smile: ).

My current favorites are a pair of black strappy 6" heels, 2" platform. They had a leg strap, but it wasn't that comfortable so I cut the straps off, and I like them better now. Is there an appropriate place to post self-pics here?

:smile: You can post pictures under the topic Post your pictures here, in this same category, or you can go to your Favourite Shoe Pictures category and post there, maybe even making your own topic! :smile: Feel free, everyone here likes pictures, apparently.

On 2002-05-27 06:06, DesertHeeler wrote:

What can we say, we're visual people.

Alas, the only set of AA batteries I have decided to die before I could take any good pictures. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow. :smile:

Hi. I’m from Southern CA too! I love the Santa Monica Peer. Lots of interesting people. Lots of places to shop. Lots of cute girls in heels. :smile: I too, am a shoe collector. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to this board. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scuffy on 2002-05-29 12:02 ]</font>