Material Question

new_look

Pvc like all plastics melt and leather doesn't. Sometimes the leather may have a plastic coating but you won't be able to burn a hole through. To apply this principle heat up a needle over a gas stove and attempt to push it through the "leather" in an inconspicuous place. If it goes through easily it's plastic if not it's leather.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Pleather, smells just as bad as cheap booze But, Ahhhh leather, the smell is just as additive as cocaine. Weeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Vinyl is similar to cloth, look at seam as good as you can, look inside, vinyl looks like cloth underneath. If the shoe or boot has a lining, sometimes that makes it more difficult. One thing I have never seen( I am quite certain) is a vinyl shoe with a leather lining. I have seen leather shoes with either vinyl or cloth as a lining. I hate seeing leather shoes with vinyl linings, because they can stretch differently, causing weird wrinkles in the leather. Unfortunately some shoes are leather with vinyl accents. The seam of vinyl looks more rough than leather... Leather really looks more like a skin. the vinyl looks more ragged. (I don't know another way to say it. Just spend some time examining both kinds, and you will eventually find out how to determine it.)