unstable heels?

tuckedintoboots

today when I got to the shops @ mission viejo (formally known as the mission viejo mall), I just notice a women that walked past me wearing tight jeans tucked into knee high boots with a 3 half inch heels & saw that her boot heels were very unstable - sort of wobbly in their motion, they were in fact stiletto heels & did not seem all that sturdy-has anyone had that kind of problem with their heels, esp. with boots?

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

I have had difficulty with a few pairs of heel boots, where the integrity of the heel to sole attachment failed. One was a new pair of Connie "Topshop" 4" stiletto boots, which were replaced by Famous Footwear. The other pair with the same trouble are my Steve Madden "Fire" boots with 4" chunky heels. The Fire boots have seen quite a bit of wear, and I will have to take them to the shoe repair shop.

As a stiletto boot wearer myself, I can tell you that heel wobbling just happens. Don't think of it as instability. In fact it takes good ankle strength to control the wobble. I find myself actually enjoying the occasional wobble while I'm walking and my ability to walk right out of it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I’m not sure if the wobbly heel s from the wearer’s weak ankles or a defective heel. If it is the weak ankle, practice is the answer but if it is a defective heel ... get it fixed. This could be dangerous!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well, your right about THAT-its really hard to say WHY the lady's boots in question were wobbling, but that (@least) caught my attention just as I was walking up on the 2nd level & she are her S.O walking past me they WERE nice boots too, but for myself I have a pair of blade heel knee high boots from NINE WEST that I had bought @ NORDSTROMS (located in the mall) a few years ago & they are VERY stable & quite comfotable to wear (only in public do I like to wear those with long pants OVER them, as I think they look better that way while in public, but I'll wear them with cut off jeans around my house!! :D )

It doesn't seem to me that 3" stiletto heels should be unstable to walk in. That's almost a flat. There must have been something wrong with the boot - either fit, or even a loose heel. If a woman can't walk smoothly in 3" heels. then there's no hope for humankind as we know it.

Years ago I had bought a very nice pair of black patent knee high pull on boots with 4" stiletto heels. I dressed completely as a woman and waited until after midnight when the traffic and walking persons a few blocks around my home would be absent from the streets. These boots were purchased from Spiegel's catalog, quite atractive pointed toe box, and this would be the first wearing outdoors to break them in. It was very cold out and they looked very nice under my fur coat. I didn't go very far when the heel came off of the left boot. I picked it up, turned around, and started heading back home. After a couple of more blocks, the heel came off of the right boot also. Well, I made it home by walking on the toes of the boots carefully. I packed up the boots and sent them back to Spiegel's with an explaination of the problem and since I liked them very much, I requested that they send me another pair, which they didn't, but credited my charge card instead with no explaination. Maybe that was happening to most people buying that certain pair of boots and that was why they credited my refund. Who knows? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

No experiences wearing boots, but some low quality spiked sandals, and even good quality ones after extensive wearing, tends to wobble a lot. But as Shafed, I really enjoy walking in wobbling high heeled footwear as a test to my ability to walk in stilettos. DeSalto

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Be careful you all! If the heel starts to be losen give you shoes for repairing ASAP. Otherwise you can wait for broken ankles or if you fall can damage your back. Damaged shoes should aways be well repaired or thrown away.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Mmm... i think qaulity is the main issue here. I bought a pair of simple 4.5 inch stilleto knee-boots at Silhouette, price, 180 Euros, and those are not wobly, even after extensive wear. The shop owner at that time explained to me that it was because it got a metal bit running from within the heel, down into the sole, hence the price. I also noticed that on most, if not all platform heels the heel is much better then the ones without the platforms. Dunno if i'm talking bollocks, just my experience.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Years ago I had bought a very nice pair of black patent knee high pull on boots with 4" stiletto heels. I dressed completely as a woman and waited until after midnight when the traffic and walking persons a few blocks around my home would be absent from the streets. These boots were purchased from Spiegel's catalog, quite atractive pointed toe box, and this would be the first wearing outdoors to break them in. It was very cold out and they looked very nice under my fur coat. I didn't go very far when the heel came off of the left boot. I picked it up, turned around, and started heading back home. After a couple of more blocks, the heel came off of the right boot also. Well, I made it home by walking on the toes of the boots carefully. I packed up the boots and sent them back to Spiegel's with an explaination of the problem and since I liked them very much, I requested that they send me another pair, which they didn't, but credited my charge card instead with no explaination. Maybe that was happening to most people buying that certain pair of boots and that was why they credited my refund. Who knows?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hi Dawn,

I made exactly the same experience with my new pointy stiletto boots from Fuss. Suddenly I felt on an outdoor walk in my quarter that my right heel became more and more wobbling. Not far away from home I hobbled carefully back like you. Afraid that nothing is more embarrassing than a guy with broken stiletto heels on the street ...

At home I repaired both boots with stable wood screws instead of the unstable nails. Afterwards I sent an Email to my shoe seller. The next day I received the following answer "We are regretting your accident and we will inform our italian supplier. You have for future purchases a credit of 20 €". I think that their reaction was acceptable!

nice greetings

micha (*michael schu(h)macher = michael shoemaker = formula one heels racer :D *)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha:-) Not only did these heels loosen quickly, but came completely off. That has not happened with any other pair of shoes or boots out of all of the many that I have worn for decades except that one pair of boots. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I think we need to differentiate between wobble caused by the wearer and wobble caused by a loose heel. One is kinda sexy, the other downright dangerous. The wobble I spoke of was wobble caused by the wearer and uneven terrain, something I find very pleasurable.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

thats just what I was refering to shafted, I think that lady's boots were becoming unsafe to walk in by the way they looked, wobbling the way they were- they could not have been that comfotable to walk in, & I'll just bet that she was sorry that she WAS wearing them that day by time she had gotten home if she WAS aware of the problem with the boots in question! :D