Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Lots of talk about a clutch, handbag, shoulderbag, etc, in the last two pages. As much as I love many of the fashion choices women have and quite often more than 50% of the outfit I am wearing at any given moment would be considered feminine. I am not sure I would ever find the desire or need for clutch or shoulder bag. That's just carrying things a bit too far for me. Even if what I am wearing has no pockets or tiny inadequate pockets that will not carry anything, I would find a way to carry what I need by using a jacket, or I would carry as little as possible and find a way to make it work. Otherwise, I just don't ever see why I would ever in my life want carry a clutch or purse. I guess to each his own. :wavey:

Sure, if you want everybody to take the piss out of you AND have to carry something that doesnt hold anything useful!

Ahhh, come on...its the theater...not exactly a rough place....

Style is built from the ground up!

found this picture at http://awkwardtransit.com/

Kinda looks like this guy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwieselchen/6045717376/

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have a clutch bag. It's black suede just like my ankle boots. And I wore them on and outing before. There was no such "piss taking", and it was very obvious that I had it. And I could fit a lot into it! :)

Link to bag!

I got it from River Island, and it cost me around £15. It is very cute and I love it, only downside is I use it for nights out, and when drinks are being split by girls who have one drink and can't handle thier heels, it can be a problem!

I have to say im a bit shocked at some of the suttle judgement that is comming off from some of these posts, with the whole "I guess thats okay but I mean why would you want to femanise yourself?" kind of thing. I mean really guys? :wavey:

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

Here's the original photo from donnawanna's link so no one will have to chase it through that website.

post-1854-133522974976_thumb.jpg

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I am not sure I would ever find the desire or need for clutch or shoulder bag. That's just carrying things a bit too far for me.

Oh dear, was that an intentional pun?

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Here's the original photo from donnawanna's link so no one will have to chase it through that website.

Shafted,

Thanks for posting that link. Those red boots look great over jeans. I have a pair of the same color red, but they have a 3" block heel. I have worn them under, dark denim jeans a couple times out heeling and also with red jeans, they are saying to the public " look at my boots ". I have received only positive comments when wearing my bright red boots!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yeah, but those headphones He wore were really goofy looking. No style at all. :wavey:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yeah, but those headphones He wore were really goofy looking. No style at all. :wavey:

Bet they sound way better than any of those in-ear types most folk use. Look like a decent pair of Sennheisers or something of similar quality.

I personally do not include technological devices as fashion except led animated t-shirts.

Bet they sound way better than any of those in-ear types most folk use. Look like a decent pair of Sennheisers or something of similar quality.

HD215's, they are all I use when doing production work at home.

post-30256-133522975034_thumb.jpg

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I have to say im a bit shocked at some of the suttle judgement that is comming off from some of these posts, with the whole "I guess thats okay but I mean why would you want to femanise yourself?" kind of thing. I mean really guys?

No offense was intended with my reply and I was not trying to pass judgement to others. There is a difference between freestyling and full on crossdressing. I want to say right now there is nothing wrong with crossdressing or fully feminizing your look. I sometimes think I might want to go out in more feminine looking outfits, if I could pull off a more complete feminine look from head to toe, but I cannot, so I don't.

So, back to the picture provided by Pumps a few pages back where this discussion began. He is essentially blending heels in with his normal clothing, which on the balance is primarily a masculine looking outfit. It is a very good look overall and I commend him on his look. I saw nothing in his outfit that screamed out to me, he should be carrying a clutch with that outfit. I wear very similar clothing to the outfit he has on, and I just feel I would not ever want to carry a purse or clutch with my outfits. That is really all I was trying to say, and I apologize if I came off sounding judgemental or if I used a poor choice of words to make my point.

• 1 month later...

MAKING AN EFFORT

A couple things to share here. A story from last night and some planning I'm doing for the coming summer season.

First off, I went out with two model friends last night, types that can intimidate a lot of men by their looks alone (unlike our friend Samantha Brick).

The theme for the party was PINK. I wanted a "sexy androgynous" look--an outfit a woman could wear and imagine feeling sexy in, but with an androgynous feel. So I wore a woman's pink Zara blazer, a mens long white tuxedo top, untucked with women's black leather pants, a black bow tie, and 4.5" wedge heels. After a visually critical examination of during a period of about 20 seconds of pure silence in which nothing was said by either me or them and their eyes surveyed my outfit, both agreed the outfit worked concluding, "most guys couldn't pull that off". While I didn't need the comparison to feel adequate, I did appreciate the sentiment. The nightcap included me playfully saying something to the effect that, "this is great. I looked sexier than anyone else in our group tonight and I was with two models(special tonal emphasis)". The one nodded her head in agreement while tilting her head down.

The important part of that experience brings me to my second point: I just didn't throw together any outfit. I worked for it or as fashionista's like to say, "I made an effort". I researched on google images, "how to wear a pink blazer" and found a style on a girl that I liked that was made androgynous by the blazer. I could have worn the pink blazer with a grey t-shirt underneath, I could have worn the pink blazer with a plain white t-shirt underneath...the possibilities were endless. I pulled out the steamer and carefully steamed my blazer. Then I unwrapped my tuxedo top from the dry cleaners (I always keep freshly cleaned and starched shirts ready). Played with the cuff cleavage, played with the shoulders....there was about 30 minutes of work involved and it paid off.

And the theme of making an effort brings me to my next point: creating looks for summer. My dream is to wear shorts with pumps in a "sexy & androgynous" way. And that outfit is a white blazer, a pair of white shorts, a black button down oxford, and black heels. Now I'm going to spend the time researching the best possible options online and take both the blazer and shorts (which will be high waisted) to a tailor to make sure they conform as good as possible to my unique body shape. There is no doubt in my mind the outfit will work. The only limitation will be the one I allow fear to indulge itself with.

Bottom line: make an effort to create just ONE kick arse outfit to start with. Find female role models that inspire you. Some guys may want an androgynous rocker chic look like:

Pic 1: Kate Lanphear (studded accessories: bullets, silver metal, skull rings make her outfits rockster).

Pic 2: Other guys may prefer the subdued effortless chic look of Emmanuelle Alt--she wears NO ACCESSORIES.

Pic 3: Maybe it's just a simple outfit like Stana Katic's, (subdued lapels, satin trim stitching between the arm and body, shirt buttoned at the neck, no tie, satin shirt).

Pic 4: Here's a favorite outfit of mine: black leather pants, black pumps, and a denim button down collared shirt. I wore this look with my shirt tucked in. Notice here there is no need for accessories.

Pic 5: Color Block trend, but subdued. Here the girl wears pink skinny jeans with gold pumps, but subdues and masculinizes the look with a dark button down shirt. Notice she accessorizes with colored bracelets (she must have some spice to her personality)

It's an artistically rewarding experience in and of itself independent of the praise others may give you. So by finding a style that works for the real you, it won't matter whether others approve or not.

post-486-133522980844_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522980866_thumb.jpg

post-486-13352298087_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522980872_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522980877_thumb.png

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

kneehighs: Sounds like that could make for quite an interesting experiment. I could see myself in picture #4, it would be the easiest outfit for me to put together and I think it would look good on me. Like you, I would prefer to wear the shirt tucked in. Thanks for bringing this item to out attention as I'm sure it'll give people here who are into the full head to toe look like myself something to think about.

Pic 5: Color Block trend, but subdued. Here the girl wears pink skinny jeans with gold pumps, but subdues and masculinizes the look with a dark button down shirt. Notice she accessorizes with colored bracelets (she must have some spice to her personality)

Upon further review, I think I could make that outfit work too. However, I'd go with either pink pumps to match the jeans or black to go with the shirt which I really like.

kneehighs: Sounds like that could make for quite an interesting experiment. I could see myself in picture #4, it would be the easiest outfit for me to put together and I think it would look good on me. Like you, I would prefer to wear the shirt tucked in. Thanks for bringing this item to out attention as I'm sure it'll give people here who are into the full head to toe look like myself something to think about.

Yes! This outfit is amazing and will pass the discriminating eye of the high fashion crowd. Leather is sexy (for both men and women--both of my friends the other night were totally into petting my thighs to feel the buttery soft leather) and black and denim blue make a great color combo.

Leather pants can be a staple that will last for years if you take care of them. Most leather pants are on sale now too, so you may as well invest in a good pair.

Upon further review, I think I could make that outfit work too. However, I'd go with either pink pumps to match the jeans or black to go with the shirt which I really like.

In her case, she was using the color Gold to accessorize. Her shoe color matched her necklace and bracelet color, so just keep that in mind when dressing.

Here is my new freestyle photo with my new blue knee boots let me know what you all think!!!

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=753&pictureid=8001

In what context are you going to wear this outfit? I can see a professional performance artist wearing that outfit, but I don't necessarily see that outfit working for an ordinary "average joe". The style of the boot with it's contrast lacing and out of the ordinary color and tall platform lend itself to extraordinary situations.

Overall though, the grommet belt and fedora and matching color top could make the outfit work in the right context.

Pic 4: Here's a favorite outfit of mine: black leather pants, black pumps, and a denim button down collared shirt. I wore this look with my shirt tucked in. Notice here there is no need for accessories.

I love this look, think I might try this. You are right kneehighs, it is great advise to look at how females put together their outfit on a daily basis and take inspiration. The looks you have suggested here would be perfect for a guy to try.

Kneehighs : I liked the third pic of the pantsuit. Thats an outfit I could see myself in but with a less ' tailored ' look. Simple and somewhat classy.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I love this look, think I might try this. You are right kneehighs, it is great advise to look at how females put together their outfit on a daily basis and take inspiration. The looks you have suggested here would be perfect for a guy to try.

A slim guy. Number 4 would also be my favorite to try, but I don't have the form for it. Number 5 is the most sexy for a woman. Very hot.

I have got to start taking more pictures! I will give this a try though...

Dude you look Happy! My guess is you could wear a trash bag, cinch the waist with a belt, and you'd still pull it off because you just seem to glow so naturally.

All I can offer is my opinion which revolves around the print on the tights. I'd go for something more subdued or sexy, but still with a print. You are after all making one statement with your heels and making a second statement with your skirt, a third but subtle statement with the leather, and a fourth statement with your tights. There's almost statement overload going on there.

You could always dress up the outfit too with a button down shirt or blouse (like in pic 1), but perhaps casual is more you.

Kneehighs :

I liked the third pic of the pantsuit. Thats an outfit I could see myself in but with a less ' tailored ' look. Simple and somewhat classy.

Isn't that an awesome outfit? It's versatile for almost any social occassion too and from what you've said about your slim body shape, a slouched look might work for you--perhaps even with a leather tie. See pics below.

post-486-133522981174_thumb.png

post-486-133522981182_thumb.jpg

post-486-133522981184_thumb.png

kneehighs: Picture number three looks seriously cool! A really sharp and sensational outfit!