Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

gwl1 - Roni - Kneehighs, Great tips! Thank you! Just got in from a short, trip out to a local bar...unfortunately alone. Seems it was the kind of day that noone was around, including Jen, the girl I met while having a pedicure last week. 9:30PM comes, and I get bored. Throw an outfit together. Talked myself, against better judgement, to wear my 6" Pleaser Dominas. Good thing is the outfit actually, to me, looks pretty decent, and is black. Shirt - 50M Virgola Silk. Pants - Size 18 Jessica Simpson, black, flare bottom. Black stockings with affore mentioned Dominas. Arrived to the bar on "Saturday Is Such A Drag" night, yet somehow (THANK GOD!!) found a space close to the door. Shoes prove tough to walk in, but I managed. Opened the bouncer's eyes a bit, as I wore them in with pants rolled up to reveal them. Once inside, though, too dark to really show em off like I'd have hoped. Fairly uneventful 3 drinks, and limited dancing. Ankles ached a bit, and I got tired quick, but felt SO good in the super high heels! Enjoyed a couple of shows there, chatted with a couple "divas" who were duly impressed with my heel height, but not much more happened. Drive home and my gas light goes on. Oh well, this would challenge me a bit, as the only gas station along the route is a busy one with a 7-11. Lots of people there, but somehow managed to walk from the pump, into the store, paid for the gas and bottled water, and got back to the "security" of the car area with only a couple looks from the lady behind the register, and the old guy pumping gas on the opposite bay from me. I probably only got the looks I did due to having to walk really slow at this point. By this time, of course, my pant legs hung down and nearly covered the heel.... Still, got a decent work-out, though the stairs were a real test. But just wish my club-pals weren't MIA... Here's the pic from a few minutes ago, and a couple showing the LONG heel and how the pant leg hung over nicely.

post-12454-133522861008_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522861014_thumb.jpg

post-12454-133522861018_thumb.jpg

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Scott –

Great outing and thanks for sharing.

Sounds like your body is trying to tell you it isn’t ready for 6” heels quite yet. Heeling isn’t supposed to be about enduring pain. You might consider a little more practice in the 6” heels until the experience is more comfortable. Until then, 5” heels still look great.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have one fave from back in the 90's (when I was a LOT thinner) and had one of my good friends shoot it. Although it's not clear in the pic, I was wearing black satin 5" pumps this night. I just like the way it turned out.

post-29-133522861062_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Scott –

Great outing and thanks for sharing.

Sounds like your body is trying to tell you it isn’t ready for 6” heels quite yet. Heeling isn’t supposed to be about enduring pain. You might consider a little more practice in the 6” heels until the experience is more comfortable. Until then, 5” heels still look great.

Actually, it wasn't painful as much as my ankles being just tired. I do agree I ain't ready to club with 6" heels yet, but the shoes fit nice enough so no pain. The red 5" pumps from last week hurt, but that's because they weren't right for my feet (even though they looked good..lol).

Thanks guys!

PS, Shock, the heels are quite noticable and sleek and lovely! Thanks!

gwl1 - Roni - Kneehighs,

Great tips! Thank you!

Just got in from a short, trip out to a local bar...unfortunately alone. Seems it was the kind of day that noone was around, including Jen, the girl I met while having a pedicure last week.

9:30PM comes, and I get bored. Throw an outfit together. Talked myself, against better judgement, to wear my 6" Pleaser Dominas.

Good thing is the outfit actually, to me, looks pretty decent, and is black.

Shirt - 50M Virgola Silk.

Pants - Size 18 Jessica Simpson, black, flare bottom.

Black stockings with affore mentioned Dominas.

Arrived to the bar on "Saturday Is Such A Drag" night, yet somehow (THANK GOD!!) found a space close to the door. Shoes prove tough to walk in, but I managed. Opened the bouncer's eyes a bit, as I wore them in with pants rolled up to reveal them. Once inside, though, too dark to really show em off like I'd have hoped.

Fairly uneventful 3 drinks, and limited dancing. Ankles ached a bit, and I got tired quick, but felt SO good in the super high heels! Enjoyed a couple of shows there, chatted with a couple "divas" who were duly impressed with my heel height, but not much more happened.

Drive home and my gas light goes on. Oh well, this would challenge me a bit, as the only gas station along the route is a busy one with a 7-11.

Lots of people there, but somehow managed to walk from the pump, into the store, paid for the gas and bottled water, and got back to the "security" of the car area with only a couple looks from the lady behind the register, and the old guy pumping gas on the opposite bay from me. I probably only got the looks I did due to having to walk really slow at this point. By this time, of course, my pant legs hung down and nearly covered the heel....

Still, got a decent work-out, though the stairs were a real test. But just wish my club-pals weren't MIA...

Here's the pic from a few minutes ago, and a couple showing the LONG heel and how the pant leg hung over nicely.

Scott...

You rock! Simple as that. That is a great look for you and I admire the fact you went out in 6" high heels (georgous shoes, too). I have not worn 6" high heels in public that often because I can't walk very fast in them. You have inspired me to wear my 6" stiletto high heels on my next public outing. It sound like you are really having fun public heeling. This site is a great inspiration. Congrats again on your outing.

I wonder sometimes if guys in here understand that it's okay to by fashionably imperfect. Think Kate Moss. Something is almost always off--messy hair, mismatched accessories, wrinkled shirts. YET, she always looks amazing. You don't have to be ready for a photo shoot to go out in the world and wear high heels. You don't have to perfectly imitate the rebelliousness and raunchiness of the Rolling Stones to look good. Nor do you have to perfectly imitate The Sex Pistols' spiked leather jackets, torn stockings, and pierced bodies. Your look can't appear staged...It has to look effortless. So where do you begin? Have you ever been inspired by someone who walked into a room or down the street, that you had to take a second look over? Confidence captivates people. I'd say begin with confidence that you respect yourself in heels, love yourself in heels, and dress for yourself and nobody else. Have you ever seen a 6' tall woman in stilettos? I have. And I was "wowed", because she had a great attitude. I think style is being confident about who you want to be and going out and seeking inspirations for that. It could be people from your childhood (my mom always wore blazers), from your travels (Parisian effortless elegance in heels for me please), art (look at YSL's Mondrian dress...YSL took Mondrian's idea and fitted it to the female form), music (in the 90's Marc Jacobs saw Cobain in a plaid flannel shirt...then bought a $2 version of it on St. Mark's Place, had it shipped to Italy, and had the plaid pattern made into silk. And the birth of the high end version of "Nirvana" ensued). This is one of the benefits of living in a big city....soo much inspiration everywhere...New York...definitely London (Brick Lane/Shoreditch/Hoxton may be passe for you locals, but avid tourists like me still find many style muses there). So find some inspiration! Wooohooo. zzz...it's 12:37 am and I have to work tomorrow morning...signing off. DOUBLE EDIT: wanted to add a quick story about an encounter I had with Marc Jacobs. As you may or may not recall, a few months ago I spent the evening with a gorgeous 5'11" blonde swapping clothes. We went through her entire wardrobe...mostly high end designer stuff...and I walked off with a grey sweater dress with the most amazing geometric triangular avant-garde collar... and ran into Marc Jacobs on the street. Of course I had to approach him and say hello. But before a word came out of my mouth, Mr. Jacobs exclaimed, "Nice dress!" HA! How is that for a good attitude?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

DOUBLE EDIT: [snip] ran into Marc Jacobs on the street. Of course I had to approach him and say hello. But before a word came out of my mouth, Mr. Jacobs exclaimed, "Nice dress!

Had you ever met Mr. Jacobs before? Did he know who you were? (forgive me, but if you've ever mentioned here that you encountered him before, I can't recall)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Scott, I like the look you've got in your 6" heels. I'm curious about your overall size. I've been shy of wearing the really thin heels because I'm not thin. I'm just under 6 feet tall, with a 37" waist, and an athletic build (under my beer gut). I think you look great! I'd dance with you!!! You are totally rocking those heels. Keep it up! :thumbsup::clap::smile::clap::wink1::clap::wink::clap:B):clap: Wil

Were you wearing the dress?

You mean the Sweater dress, which draped in length just past my buttocks? Yes, I was wearing it with black skinny jeans tucked into black knee high riding boots.

Had you ever met Mr. Jacobs before? Did he know who you were? (forgive me, but if you've ever mentioned here that you encountered him before, I can't recall)

No, I don't know Marc. I've crossed paths with him three times and introduced myself three times, but that's it.

Thanks, KH. Perhaps the 4th time is the charm. Next time he'll think "Don't I know you? :thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks, KH. Perhaps the 4th time is the charm. Next time he'll think "Don't I know you? :thumbsup:

Your welcome. I've actually taken his picture twice and the third time I saw him, he said that Rachel Zoe had emailed him the picture I took of them together. There's a slight familiarity with my face, but nothing substantial without the context of a camera.

Stilettoscot Have you ever thought about getting your shirts custom tailored? All you need is a good seamstress and even here in NYC, they are not that expensive. I think you'd look tons better if your clothes had some form fitting shape. Not just in heels, but generally too.

For example, all my blazers are from the women's department, but I take them to my tailor to have her bring in the fit at the waist ($30-$40). She also shortens the inseam on my jeans and pants, but keeps the original hemline ($10). She even put custom buttons on a military coat of mine that I bought in London.

I'd probably at least call a local tailor/seamstress and see how much they charge for their services. A perfectly tailored shirt from Target will look more expensive than an ill fit designer shirt from Marc Jacobs.

:thumbsup: Thanks Kneehighs!!

Stilettoscot Have you ever thought about getting your shirts custom tailored?

I never did! Amazing...especially as I have a world class tailor in the DC area (Highcliffe Clothiers, ie Mark) who just so happens to be a friend of mine!

A perfectly tailored shirt from Target will look more expensive than an ill fit designer shirt from Marc Jacobs.

Awsome advice, as much appreciated!! Calling Mark now...

Hey all, a little while ago I posted pics in the "new shoes" thread of some boots I have comming from ebay. well I got the chance to take a pic of them with an outfit I like ALOT! Also the pic of the boots is below, for those who missed it.

Boots

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/145691365_o.jpg

Me wearing boots :o

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/me191.jpg

Newfie, I got to hand it to you - another classy outfit put together! Not too "out there" and very nicely worn. Two thumbs WAY up!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hey all, a little while ago I posted pics in the "new shoes" thread of some boots I have comming from ebay. well I got the chance to take a pic of them with an outfit I like ALOT! Also the pic of the boots is below, for those who missed it.

Boots

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/145691365_o.jpg

Me wearing boots :o

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/me191.jpg

Nice look. Nice outfit and boots. Thank you for sharing with us.

Me and my gf went to the mall yesterday, and it wasn't as blistering hot as it has been the past few, so I decided to wear the (prieviously mentioned) outfit, except without the jacket. I didn't catch one person looking at my boots, and the heel was clearly visible while I walked. It's really great to finally be able to step out in heels without thinking the whole world is staring at you.

Me and my gf went to the mall yesterday, and it wasn't as blistering hot as it has been the past few, so I decided to wear the (prieviously mentioned) outfit, except without the jacket. I didn't catch one person looking at my boots, and the heel was clearly visible while I walked. It's really great to finally be able to step out in heels without thinking the whole world is staring at you.

It gets more and more encouraging every day when you heel in public and people either notice and move on, or just go about their business. It's stories like these that encourage and enlighten us to the fact that wearing high heels in public and public places is OK. And you are lucky to have a girl friend that shares in your enjoyment of high heels. Thanks for sharing the photos and this experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, got my new pumps today so i did a pic. Went for more casual with a bright color screen print T and some dark, slim fit, flare jeans, both from Bluenotes. Enjoy!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Shoes04.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me193.jpg

here is a picture of me in my new 3 1/2" guess black stiletto pumps which I talked about in another thread "very nice adventure". The outfit itself is basically just a plain black sweater with a pair of dark wash buffalo jeans(yes they are ladies). Both pics are basically the same but the 2nd one shows more of the heel. And I apologize for the headless shots, but I still need to keep somewhat of a low profile. Not alot of people know of my love of heels yet. So without further delay here they are.

post-3002-13352286388_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522863886_thumb.jpg

Most impressive, Mr. X! As a long time lover of pumps, your shoes are very sharp! And don't feel you need to apologize for the headless shots, we all have our own comfort level when it comes to our unique passion, if that's what works for you, that's great.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!